Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By joebob
  • 3 Post By Moongirl
  • 7 Post By Bluebonnet
  • 4 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By lindsaywhit
  • 1 Post By stef
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Teen Called 'Dr. Love' Arrested for Posing as a Doctor After Opening His Own Clinic

Default Teen Called 'Dr. Love' Arrested for Posing as a Doctor After Opening His Own Clinic

Teen Called 'Dr. Love' Arrested for Posing as a Doctor After Opening His Own Clinic

Madeleine Davies

[/COLOR]
    18-year-old Malachi Love-Robinson of West Palm Beach, Florida was arrested this week for practicing medicine without a license. The teen recently opened the New Birth, New Life Alternative Medicine and Urgent Care Clinic, a “high-quality Holistic and Alternative Medical care” facilitywhere police say he misled patients into thinking he was a licensed medical doctor.

On his Health Grades profile, Love-Robinson—or “Dr. Love,” as he’s known to his fake med school friends—claims to be 25 years old and to specialize in neuropathy. He was previously busted in 2015 for posing as a doctor in a pregnant woman’s exam room at St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach. The hospital ultimately did not press charges as Love-Robinson did not treat any patients.
    Local ABC news affiliate WPBF began investigating Love-Robinson in January of 2016, after learning that he had opened his own clinic.

“So many physicians speak to me and they’re just in awe,” he told WPBF reporter Terri Parker last month. “And it’s not because I’m a great person and not because I’m some miracle from heaven sent. It’s just because I have a passion for helping people.”
    Too bad the Department of Health doesn’t share these physicians’ sense of wonder. Love-Robinson was arrested this Tuesday following an undercover operation by the DoH, which determined that the young man—who’s previously defended himself by claiming that he’s a naturopathic doctor, not a medical doctor (NDs do not need licensing in Florida)—was willfully presenting himself as an MD to patients.
    His arrest occurred on Tuesday, WPBF reports, after “Love-Robinson took [an undercover Sheriff agent’s] temperature, blood pressure and listened to her lungs with a stethoscope on her back, and assured her she was not sick. She said he also gave her medical advice.”

“I’m hurt because of all of these allegations,” he told WPBF as he was led out of the building. “This is not the first time I have been accused, and I will pursue this.”

Contact the author at madeleine@jezebel.com.

Images via Facebook/WPBF Sheriff’s Department.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Damn! He is persistent.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

He looks like a 14 year old with facial hair. How could anyone be so stupid to believe him?
    HWBL likes this.

Bluebonnet, sputnik and holly like this.

Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Gold Member

Im hurt because of all of these allegations, he told WPBF as he was led out of the building. This is not the first time I have been accused, and I will pursue this.
    I can't stop laughing about this. I know it's a potentially serious fraud, but I kind of admire his chutzpah. Dr. Doogie Love.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    He looks like a 14 year old with facial hair. How could anyone be so stupid to believe him?
    And the name, too. I would choose something a little more discrete, like "Dr. Feltersnapper."

Gold Member

Dr. MoFeltersnapper!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

video of him being interviewed: Dr. Love, Teen Who Pretended to Be a Doctor, Says, 'I’ve Never Been a Traditional Guy' (the video itself won't post)

he's cray.
    sputnik likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Stuff from the interview:

Graduated from home school at 15.
    "I have a PhD - in what, I will not disclose here."
    His office door had "MD" on it, but he later placed a piece of tape over that.
    Has he had any medical training. "Yes. I have shadowed many doctors."
    "I have been studying the particular field for.... a while."
    He treated an 86-year-old woman for severe stomach pain and charged her $3,400. Asked what he did for $3,400. "Services....you'd have to define. Whether she paid for me just show up? That's up to her."
    HWBL likes this.

Thread Information