Thread: Anti Gay Cincinnati Group Gives Up Bid To Put Gay Rights Issue On Ballot

Thumbs up Anti Gay Cincinnati Group Gives Up Bid To Put Gay Rights Issue On Ballot

FORGED SIGNATURES
    Cincinnati group gives up its bid to put gay-rights issue on ballot
    Thursday, August 17, 2006

CINCINNATI (AP) — A group that has fought efforts to expand the city’s anti-discrimination ordinance to include gay people says it has given up on attempts to have voters decide the issue in November.

The group Equal Rights Not Special Rights (Oh please bitches!!!)withdrew its petitions for the Nov. 7 ballot on Tuesday because many signatures were obvious forgeries, chairman Phil Burress said.

Some of the signatures opponents planned to challenge included those of Cuban President Fidel Castro and Cincinnati Reds owner Bob Castellini.

The withdrawal comes after a 14-year battle in the city over whether gay people should be protected from discrimination. Burress said his group is not pursuing any efforts to get the issue back on the ballot in a later election, but he added that the group will resist any attempt to expand the ordinance’s reach.

"We will let this thing lay right now because the ordinance is basically symbolic," Burress said. "If they try to advance it into another area and use it to discriminate against a group like the Boy Scouts, then we will respond with an amendment to the city’s charter or some sort of political action."

Gary Wright, co-chairman of Citizens to Restore Fairness, a group that supports gay rights, said the withdrawal of the petitions was a victory for those who oppose discrimination.

"This shows how much the city has changed," Wright said.

City Council decided in March to add homosexuals and transgender people to its human-rights ordinance, which protects people from discrimination based on race, gender, age, color, religion, disability status, marital status or ethnic, national or Appalachian regional origin.

The amended law didn’t take effect while Equal Rights Not Special Rights tried to put the measure on the ballot.

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...817-B8-02.html

What does Fidel have against Cincy gays?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Default Re: Anti Gay Cincinnati Group Gives Up Bid To Put Gay Rights Issue On Ballot

Equal Rights Not Special Rights
    We're not even asking for special rights, geez. We're a minority group and because of RETARDS like these we need minority protections.

Maybe if the 90% majority would leave us the fuck alone, we wouldn't need minority rights protection, and thus this group would have no reason to exist!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Default Re: Anti Gay Cincinnati Group Gives Up Bid To Put Gay Rights Issue On Ballot

^^the people pushing this stupid shit are a minority group too apparently: the bigot-tard minority group
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Are you fucking kidding me? Since when is stupidity in the minority!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information