• 2 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By whitetigeress

Thread: Japan finally Settles Korean "Comfort Women" Disgrace

Default Japan finally Settles Korean "Comfort Women" Disgrace

South Korea, Japan reach agreement on 'comfort women'

By Holly Yan, KJ Kwon and Junko Ogura, CNN
    Updated 8:16 AM ET, Mon December 28, 2015

Story highlights

• An advocacy group for the former sex slaves says the deal is "almost humiliating"
    • Japan says it will give 1 billion yen ($8.3 million) to a fund to help former comfort women
    • The women were used as sex slaves by Japanese soldiers in World War II

(CNN)Japan and South Korea have reached an agreement over the long-standing issue of "comfort women," a term that describes sex slaves used by the Japanese military during World War II.

Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida said his government will give 1 billion yen ($8.3 million) to a fund to help those who suffered.

South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se said that as long as Tokyo sticks to its side of the deal, Seoul will consider the issue "irreversibly" resolved.

In addition, the two governments "will refrain from criticizing and blaming each other in the international society, including the United Nations," Yun said at a joint news conference Monday.

Kishida said Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe "expresses anew his most sincere apologies and remorse to all the women who underwent immeasurable and painful experiences and suffered incurable physical and psychological wounds as comfort women."

But an advocacy group for former comfort women said the deal announced Monday is "almost humiliating."

"Even though the Japanese government revealed they feel strongly of their responsibility, it is hard to find the fact that the Japanese military's 'comfort women' crime is systemically self-organized by Japanese government and the military in this agreement," said the Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Military Sexual Slavery by Japan's War & Women's Human Rights Museum.

Previous aid and criticism

Japan helped establish the Asian Women's Fund in 1995, which is supported by government funds and provides assistance to former comfort women.

But Tokyo had resisted direct compensation to the victims, prompting activists and former comfort women to say Japanese leaders were avoiding officially acknowledging what happened.

Today, only a few dozen of the women are still alive.

One comfort woman's story

Kim Bok-dong was a 14-year-old girl when the Japanese came to her village in Korea.
    She said they told her she had no choice but to leave her home and family to support the war effort by working at a sewing factory.

"There was no option not to go," the 89-year-old woman told CNN's Will Ripleythis year. "If we didn't go, we'd be considered traitors."

But instead of going to a sewing factory, Kim said, she ended up in Japanese military brothels in half a dozen countries.

There, Kim said, she was locked up and ordered to perform acts no teenage girl -- or woman -- should be forced to do.

She described seemingly endless days of soldiers lined up outside the brothel, called a "comfort station."

"Our job was to revitalize the soldiers," she said. "On Saturdays, they would start lining up at noon. And it would last until 8 p.m."

Kim estimated each Japanese soldier took around three minutes. They usually kept their boots and leg wraps on, hurriedly finishing so the next soldier could have his turn. Kim says it was dehumanizing, exhausting and often excruciating.

"When it was over, I couldn't even get up. It went on for such a long time," she said. "By the time the sun went down, I couldn't use my lower body at all."

Kim believes the years of physical abuse took a permanent toll on her body.

"There are no words to describe my suffering," she said. "Even now. I can't live without medicine. I'm always in pain."

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

$8.3 million and an agreement for S. Korea not to mention it again? After several hundred thousand women were seized, approximately three quarters of whom died because of the horrors inflicted on them and that's it?

Disgrace isn't the word for it.
    stella blue likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I couldn't think of a better one. Still can't. Horror maybe?
    Kittylady likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

A couple of years ago, I posted a story on here about my Filipino grandmother's best friend who eventually killed herself after several months of being brutalized sexually. At that time, the surviving comfort women told my grandma that they "comforted", on average, thirty or more men a day. The comfort women praised my grandma's friend for ending her misery.
    BITTER likes this.
    Rock the fuck on!

Words, just mere words.

How about this.... all the surviving men "soldiers" <--- and I use the term soldiers lightly because real men don't abuse women.... step forward and publicly apologize to all the comfort women, alive or deceased and thier families who have had to watch them suffer.

I visited Korea, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Macao, Thailand and Singapore. Just about everyone in those countries at the time I visited felt resentment in some form towards Japan because of their WW2 atrocities. I used to double-date with one of my shipmates and his girlfriend and mine in Japan. Both of them pretty much turned their noses up at any Asian who wasn't Japanese. And ironically, my buddy's girl had a bff who was of Korean descent, and she was so patronizing towards her. It's like they are the Germany of Japan.
    heart_leigh and whitetigeress like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

When my Chinese bff married her Japanese husband, I didn't realize the significance of that unionship until she explained it to me.
    My naive ass is still stuck on that "It's a small world after all" ride back at Disneyland ( went @ age 10), thinking the whole world got along.

They've celebrated 10 years this past xmas.
    BITTER likes this.

Thread Information