Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook Truther Shows Up at Memorial Run, Screams Shooting Was a Hoax

  1. #1
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    32,425

    Default Sandy Hook Truther Shows Up at Memorial Run, Screams Shooting Was a Hoax

    Sandy Hook Truther Shows Up at Memorial Run for Slain Teacher, Screams Shooting Was a Hoax






    A Sandy Hook truther disrupted a run commemorating Victoria Leigh Soto, the 27-year-old teacher who died protecting her students during the mass shooting at Sandy Hook elementary. Stratford, Connecticut police arrested Matthew Mills, 32, after he traveled from Brooklyn to scream at the runners that the shooting “never happened.”


    The Hartford Courant reports that Mills approached Soto’s family members during the run on November 7, telling them “the shooting was staged as part of a conspiracy.” He tried to run when police approached him, and was ultimately detained and charged with breach of peace and interfering with a police officer. He posted a $10,000 bond and will appear in court on November 17.


    Soto, a first-grade teacher, died protecting her students from gunman Adam Lanza, pulling them into a closet and putting her body between them and him. The Vicki Soto Memorial holds an annual run in Stratford, Soto’s hometown, in her honor. Participants dress in pink, Soto’s favorite color, and the money goes to a scholarship fund for high school students. (Donations can also be made here.)



    Sandy Hook conspiracy theories reached their height around 2013; most of them center around the belief that everyone killed in the tragedy and their families are actors. (Snopes has a handy rundown of the specifics of this particular brand of bullshit, as do thousands of wild-eyed YouTube videos with descriptions in ALL CAPS WITH MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!!) They are garbage and bad, and everyone involved should feel bad.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  2. #2
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,330

    Default

    Crazy is as crazy does.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  3. #3
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,156

    Default

    Ridiculous. How sad for the friends and family of this woman and her students.

    What a destructive person.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

  4. #4
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,314

    Default

    There was an article today (can't remember where) where scientists had published findings on whether guys like this suffered from some kind of bona fide disorder. Basically, that everything is a conspiracy because everything "has to be connected somehow" in their world. But the data just wasn't there and apparently guys like this are really just garden-variety monumental a-holes.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,579

    Default

    Anecdotal: The only truther I know is also a narcissist. She sees herself as smarter than everyone else and I often wonder if the development of these convoluted theories surrounding fairly straightforward events is part of that. In her world, everyone else rejects these ideas because they lack the ability to comprehend. Only she is smart enough to see the truth. But then I'm no mental health pro.

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

  6. #6
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    30,275

    Default

    I've looked at some of the "evidence" on this and other conspiracy theories and if you really want to see what it purportedly "proves" then you'll see it. These people do think they're smarter than we sheeple and can't just accept the old adage that the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one. Let the crazies believe whatever they like, but inflicting the crazy on grieving families is shameful.
    Fly_On_TheWall and stef like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

    Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

  7. #7
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    11,970

    Default

    What a shit pile this guy is.

    Unfortunately, his arrest will only reinforce his beliefs rather than bring him to his senses.

    And yeah, the few "truthers" I've known (marginally) are arrogant. Profoundly lacking in self awareness but absolutely soaked with fear and ignorance.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

  8. #8
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,156

    Default

    Not only are they arrogant, but apparently have all the time in the world to argue and post their nonsense all the damn time. The couple that I've known have all had a ridiculous counterpoint to any real point you would make. Always pages and pages and links to conspiracy websites. Mostly men, too. Oh, except for the vaccine conspiracy people. They are mostly homeschooling broodmares with great highlights and Tory Burch flats
    A*O, Bluebonnet and Nevan like this.

  9. #9
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    so sad that we actually have lunatics that believe this shit. now, who are the sheep assholes?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  10. #10
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Anecdotal: The only truther I know is also a narcissist. She sees herself as smarter than everyone else and I often wonder if the development of these convoluted theories surrounding fairly straightforward events is part of that. In her world, everyone else rejects these ideas because they lack the ability to comprehend. Only she is smart enough to see the truth. But then I'm no mental health pro.
    Classic narcissist.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

  11. #11
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Oh, except for the vaccine conspiracy people. They are mostly homeschooling broodmares with great highlights and Tory Burch flats
    You left out "only shops at Whole Foods Market and buys organic only"
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

  12. #12
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Not only are they arrogant, but apparently have all the time in the world to argue and post their nonsense all the damn time. The couple that I've known have all had a ridiculous counterpoint to any real point you would make. Always pages and pages and links to conspiracy websites. Mostly men, too. Oh, except for the vaccine conspiracy people. They are mostly homeschooling broodmares with great highlights and Tory Burch flats
    You also have the people who believe that the Boston Marathon attacks were fake and that the guy who lost his legs was already an amputee.
    Bluebonnet and Nevan like this.

  13. #13
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    22,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    You also have the people who believe that the Boston Marathon attacks were fake and that the guy who lost his legs was already an amputee.
    Are you serious or being funny Mo? Cuz, I'd totally believe it, but be shocked at the same time.

  14. #14
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    ^^^ not Mo, but yes, he's totally correct that there are people out there that believe this shit. Basically, think up the stupidest thing you can think of and you'll find someone somewhere that has a conspiracy theory about it.

    The anti-vax people send me into an irrational rage. Their whole argument is wholly delusional. And unlike the other insane people out there like Haulocast deniers and the birthers, the anti-vax people are a threat to society.

  15. #15
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    17,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ not Mo, but yes, he's totally correct that there are people out there that believe this shit. Basically, think up the stupidest thing you can think of and you'll find someone somewhere that has a conspiracy theory about it.

    The anti-vax people send me into an irrational rage. Their whole argument is wholly delusional. And unlike the other insane people out there like Haulocast deniers and the birthers, the anti-vax people are a threat to society.
    Being enraged at this shit is not irrational.
    Flygirl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. At least 9,900 gun deaths since Sandy Hook
    By witchcurlgirl in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 29th, 2013, 12:16 PM
  2. OPI Launches “Sandy Hook Green” Nail Polish
    By Honey in forum Beauty and Skincare
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 14th, 2013, 08:36 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: November 20th, 2009, 05:55 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 26th, 2009, 03:42 AM
  5. Shooting incident shows Cheney runs the country
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 14th, 2006, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •