Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook Truther Shows Up at Memorial Run, Screams Shooting Was a Hoax

Default Sandy Hook Truther Shows Up at Memorial Run, Screams Shooting Was a Hoax

Sandy Hook Truther Shows Up at Memorial Run for Slain Teacher, Screams Shooting Was a Hoax

A Sandy Hook truther disrupted a run commemorating Victoria Leigh Soto, the 27-year-old teacher who died protecting her students during the mass shooting at Sandy Hook elementary. Stratford, Connecticut police arrested Matthew Mills, 32, after he traveled from Brooklyn to scream at the runners that the shooting “never happened.”

The Hartford Courant reports that Mills approached Soto’s family members during the run on November 7, telling them “the shooting was staged as part of a conspiracy.” He tried to run when police approached him, and was ultimately detained and charged with breach of peace and interfering with a police officer. He posted a $10,000 bond and will appear in court on November 17.

Soto, a first-grade teacher, died protecting her students from gunman Adam Lanza, pulling them into a closet and putting her body between them and him. The Vicki Soto Memorial holds an annual run in Stratford, Soto’s hometown, in her honor. Participants dress in pink, Soto’s favorite color, and the money goes to a scholarship fund for high school students. (Donations can also be made here.)

Sandy Hook conspiracy theories reached their height around 2013; most of them center around the belief that everyone killed in the tragedy and their families are actors. (Snopes has a handy rundown of the specifics of this particular brand of bullshit, as do thousands of wild-eyed YouTube videos with descriptions in ALL CAPS WITH MANY EXCLAMATION MARKS!!) They are garbage and bad, and everyone involved should feel bad.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Crazy is as crazy does.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ridiculous. How sad for the friends and family of this woman and her students.

What a destructive person.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

There was an article today (can't remember where) where scientists had published findings on whether guys like this suffered from some kind of bona fide disorder. Basically, that everything is a conspiracy because everything "has to be connected somehow" in their world. But the data just wasn't there and apparently guys like this are really just garden-variety monumental a-holes.

Anecdotal: The only truther I know is also a narcissist. She sees herself as smarter than everyone else and I often wonder if the development of these convoluted theories surrounding fairly straightforward events is part of that. In her world, everyone else rejects these ideas because they lack the ability to comprehend. Only she is smart enough to see the truth. But then I'm no mental health pro.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

A*O

I've looked at some of the "evidence" on this and other conspiracy theories and if you really want to see what it purportedly "proves" then you'll see it. These people do think they're smarter than we sheeple and can't just accept the old adage that the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one. Let the crazies believe whatever they like, but inflicting the crazy on grieving families is shameful.
    Fly_On_TheWall and stef like this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

What a shit pile this guy is.

Unfortunately, his arrest will only reinforce his beliefs rather than bring him to his senses.

And yeah, the few "truthers" I've known (marginally) are arrogant. Profoundly lacking in self awareness but absolutely soaked with fear and ignorance.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Not only are they arrogant, but apparently have all the time in the world to argue and post their nonsense all the damn time. The couple that I've known have all had a ridiculous counterpoint to any real point you would make. Always pages and pages and links to conspiracy websites. Mostly men, too. Oh, except for the vaccine conspiracy people. They are mostly homeschooling broodmares with great highlights and Tory Burch flats
    A*O, Bluebonnet and Nevan like this.

so sad that we actually have lunatics that believe this shit. now, who are the sheep assholes?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Anecdotal: The only truther I know is also a narcissist. She sees herself as smarter than everyone else and I often wonder if the development of these convoluted theories surrounding fairly straightforward events is part of that. In her world, everyone else rejects these ideas because they lack the ability to comprehend. Only she is smart enough to see the truth. But then I'm no mental health pro.
    Classic narcissist.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Oh, except for the vaccine conspiracy people. They are mostly homeschooling broodmares with great highlights and Tory Burch flats
    You left out "only shops at Whole Foods Market and buys organic only"
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Not only are they arrogant, but apparently have all the time in the world to argue and post their nonsense all the damn time. The couple that I've known have all had a ridiculous counterpoint to any real point you would make. Always pages and pages and links to conspiracy websites. Mostly men, too. Oh, except for the vaccine conspiracy people. They are mostly homeschooling broodmares with great highlights and Tory Burch flats
    You also have the people who believe that the Boston Marathon attacks were fake and that the guy who lost his legs was already an amputee.
    Bluebonnet and Nevan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    You also have the people who believe that the Boston Marathon attacks were fake and that the guy who lost his legs was already an amputee.
    Are you serious or being funny Mo? Cuz, I'd totally believe it, but be shocked at the same time.

^^^ not Mo, but yes, he's totally correct that there are people out there that believe this shit. Basically, think up the stupidest thing you can think of and you'll find someone somewhere that has a conspiracy theory about it.

The anti-vax people send me into an irrational rage. Their whole argument is wholly delusional. And unlike the other insane people out there like Haulocast deniers and the birthers, the anti-vax people are a threat to society.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    ^^^ not Mo, but yes, he's totally correct that there are people out there that believe this shit. Basically, think up the stupidest thing you can think of and you'll find someone somewhere that has a conspiracy theory about it.

The anti-vax people send me into an irrational rage. Their whole argument is wholly delusional. And unlike the other insane people out there like Haulocast deniers and the birthers, the anti-vax people are a threat to society.
    Being enraged at this shit is not irrational.
    Flygirl likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information