• 1 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 1 Post By *Wookie-Chick*
  • 1 Post By czb
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl

Thread: China ends one-child policy: state media

Elite Member

Default China ends one-child policy: state media

China ends one-child policy: state media

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/china-ends-one-child-policy-state-media/ar-BBmzkEm

AFP
    Frederic J. Brown 3 hrs ago

China announced the end of its hugely controversial one-child policy on Thursday, with the official Xinhua news agency saying that all couples would be allowed two children.

It cited a communique issued by the ruling Communist Party after a four-day meeting in Beijing to chart the course of the world's second-largest economy over the next five years.

© Provided by AFP China previously relaxed its one-child policy but the restriction still applied to couples with siblings.

China is "abandoning its decades-long one-child policy", Xinhua reported.

The policy restricted most couples to only a single offspring, and for years authorities argued that it was a key contributor to China's economic boom.

But after years of strict, sometimes brutal enforcement by a dedicated government commission, China's population - the world's largest - is now ageing rapidly, gender imbalances are severe, and its workforce is shrinking.

The concerns led to limited reforms in 2013, including allowing a second child for some couples in urban areas, but relatively few have taken up the opportunity.

The Communist leadership met in Beijing to discuss ways to put the country's stuttering economy back on a smooth growth path as it struggles with structural inefficiencies and social policies left over from an era before it embraced market reforms.

Known as the fifth plenum, the conclave discussed the next Five-Year Plan for China - the 13th since the People's Republic was founded in 1949.

Over four days of meetings the 205 members of the Central Committee, plus around 170 alternates, examined the specifics of the plan, which was largely worked out through a process of national consultations before the leaders even set foot in the capital.

The country's rubber-stamp legislature will officially approve the resulting document next year.

The world's most populous country has enjoyed a decades-long boom since the ruling party embraced market economics and opened up to the rest of the world from the late 1970s.

The process has transformed the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people and propelled the country to global prominence.

But growth has been slowing for several years, and analysts say the party needs to embrace further liberalization to avoid falling into the stagnation of the "middle income trap", when developing countries fail to fulfill their full potential.

The meeting reiterated the Communist Party's goal to double 2010 GDP by 2020, as part of its aim to achieve a "moderately prosperous society" by the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party's founding.
    dougie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

And about fucking time !! this ain't the Draconian age.

Elite Member

And hopefully the girls are treated with respect now too.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by *Wookie-Chick* View Post
    And hopefully the girls are treated with respect now too.
    In another few thousands years...maybe! Urgh lol don't get me started on the injustices of these state of affairs. #rant

Elite Member

Question, not sure how to ask this. If a second pregnancy occurred or how was the second pregnancy avoided? What happened to the second fetus/child? Enforced abortion, tubeligation, babies euthanized at birth? Such a sensitive subject and asking is uncomfortable.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

My office is currently handling a few asylum cases using this policy as reason for asylum. The policy is enforced via forced abortion and sterilization.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

Thank you, JKM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
    Question, not sure how to ask this. If a second pregnancy occurred or how was the second pregnancy avoided? What happened to the second fetus/child? Enforced abortion, tubeligation, babies euthanized at birth? Such a sensitive subject and asking is uncomfortable.
    From what I've heard,because of this policy they generally would abort a child if it was female.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    My office is currently handling a few asylum cases using this policy as reason for asylum. The policy is enforced via forced abortion and sterilization.
    i'm assuming this is female sterization?
    Heidi Ho likes this.

Like everything else in the world money talked in regard to this policy. Wealthy Chinese would pay the equivalent of a tax and they could have additional children.

Many people were allowed a second child as well, as long as the second child was a girl. Girls being needed to marry all the boys that were the result of the one child thing.
    greysfang likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i'm assuming this is female sterization?
    It is actually sterilization of both men and women.

yeah, if you have money and can pay the fines then you're good to go. If not they will do forced abortion and sterilization.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Thread Information