Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By czb
  • 5 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By Alysheba
  • 4 Post By Beeyotch

Thread: Moron founder of Title Nine espouses on why she does not advocate mammograms

czb

Default Moron founder of Title Nine espouses on why she does not advocate mammograms

ok - this really annoyed me. i get the Title Nine emails because i want to find out about sales. but the company founder used the dist list to send out her opinion of mammograms and clinical research. i really don't care about a non-oncologist's opinions about boob cancer screening. really inappropriate spam.

Why I Have Opted Out of Mammograms | Timeout with Title Nine

Whew, not appropriate at all.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

i know! i was stunned enough to actually send them an email complaining about it.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

lol wut?

dont know who she is. In some respects she makes some good points - about pinkwashing and questioning what all this stupid awareness raising actually does and how it mostly funds its own brand image rather than actual cancer research. She's right. But how she goes from that to "I'm never getting another mammogram" is what I don't get. Wtf?
    Flygirl, olivia, Alysheba and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

she makes a few (like one or two) points, but i think as a company founder, using an email dist list to pontificate is heinous.

and what if some other moron listens to her and doesn't get a mammo and has a positive diagnosis? buh bye.

...until then, i'm opting out of mammograms.

That's rich.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

She makes some decent points, but then jumps to an extreme without explaining her reasoning.

I have read several articles by experts in the field that mammograms lead to early detection of cancers that aren't likely to be life threatening anyway. Even if that's true, I'd rather know it's there and make the choice on whether and how to treat it than to walk around not knowing it was there. Someone else can make a different choice, and that's fine, but it's irresponsible as the face of a company that is ostensibly focused on fitness and health to imply that mammograms are useless. More "awareness" (whatever the fuck that means) is probably less useful in terms of funding than research, but boycotting mammograms doesn't seem like the way to fix that issue.

An acquaintance of mine lost his lovely, vibrant wife to breast cancer that metastasized to her brain last week. He's now a single father of two little boys. She'd have been dead five years ago without early detection, which sadly wasn't early enough for her. So don't get a mammogram if you don't want to, but don't imply that they are useless.

Elite Member

I went through the "your mammogram showed something" over the summer. Then the ultrasound. I've never been so terrified and scared. I'm lucky, benign.

Mammograms does a body good. Just do it!
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

How will not getting a mammogram make sure her dollars go to research? Or affect the pink-washing effect? Wtf is she on?

Brah, KrisNine, sputnik and 1 others like this.

Thread Information