Thread: UK Under Siege From Illegal "Refugees"

A*O

Default UK Under Siege From Illegal "Refugees"

This is serious. Thousands of illegal migrants try to stow away on trucks every day entering the UK via ferry and the Channel Tunnel. Business is grinding to a halt as deliveries/despatches are held up in massive convoys of trucks parked on freeways around Channel ports.

Just days after UKIP leader Nigel Farage called on the British Army to be deployed to help deal with the Calais migrant crisis, it has been revealed the government has indeed started drawing up plans to deploy the army to southern England.

However, despite concerns that the French authorities have ‘lost control’ over the situation across the English Channel where there are now routinely thousands of attempts to cross the tunnel every night, the army will not be deployed to the border. Instead, British troops will be used as highly-trained car parking attendants, opening up a variety of military bases and barracks along the south coast to overflow traffic from the blocked ferry and train terminals to reduce congestion on and around the M20 motorway.

Trucks line up on the M20 during Operation Stack on July 30, 2015 near Ashford, England

The Times reports the Royal Gurkha Rifles barracks at Folkstone, The Princess of Wales’s Royal Regiment in Canterbury, and the former RAF Manston on Thanet could be opened for the purpose. The large parade grounds and other expanses of paved or otherwise hardened ground make them ideal to store hundreds of HGV lorries waiting to board the Euro-tunnel shuttle trains to France.

Kent Police have been responding to the frequent tunnel closures and ferry delays over the course of this year by putting into action ‘Operation Stack’, which turns the arterial M20 motorway into a stationary lorry-park. As well as dramatically increasing congestion in neighbouring villages, it has also had a marked negative effect on the local economy, as businesses are rendered unable to send or receive deliveries, or receive customers.

Speaking on London Broadcasting Company radio on Tuesday night, UKIP leader Farage said the option to deploy the army should be on the table, as he described the situation in Calais as “scary” and “lawless”. He said:

“In all civil emergencies like this we have an army, we have a bit of a Territorial Army as well and we have a very, very overburdened police force and border agency.

“If in a crisis to make sure we’ve actually got the manpower to check lorries coming in, to stop people illegally coming to Britain, if in those circumstances we can use the army or other forces then why not.”

Farage’s view seems to have the support of some in the law-enforcement community. Writing in the Daily Telegraph, Surrey Police and Crime Commissioner Kevin Hurley calls for the army to be deployed to the railhead itself. He writes:

“My police officers are regularly called away from their jobs protecting the citizens of Surrey and sent to the M25 at Cobham services, where they have to run around mopping up hordes of illegal migrants. In the past few months alone, Surrey Police have caught 156 people piling out of lorries as their drivers stop fYor diesel or a coffee”

“These operations take out virtually half of Surrey’s 999 response capability and can tie up our nine prisoner vans for hours, as well the helicopter and all the dogs we can spare, to say nothing of jamming up the county’s cells. The migrants have become a serious threat to our residents: we can’t respond to their needs or patrol adequately.”

“Virtually no exports are now able to leave through our busiest port, they are stuck on the M20. Moreover, many businesses in Britain which depend on imports are at a standstill.”

“Would it really be that much trouble to mobilise [the army]? When it comes to enforcing the law, I suspect that Gurkhas might be made of slightly sterner stuff than gendarmes”.

Home Secretary Theresa May has admitted illegals are succeeding in crossing the English Channel by storming the Euro Tunnel terminal in France en-masse, but has refused to say exactly how many manage to cross this way.

Oliver Lane
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

So now you feel our pain.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's gotta be much more difficult there, really. At least our country was put together with heavy immigration as the norm. And we have a lot more room and far as I know more resources as well.

I'm curious as to why, comparatively suddenly, these people are so frantic to enter the UK? Is the US their ultimate goal, or are they all just genuinely passionate about settling in Netherwallop, Little Puddlebottom or, more realistically, London?
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    It's gotta be much more difficult there, really. At least our country was put together with heavy immigration as the norm. And we have a lot more room and far as I know more resources as well.

I'm curious as to why, comparatively suddenly, these people are so frantic to enter the UK? Is the US their ultimate goal, or are they all just genuinely passionate about settling in Netherwallop, Little Puddlebottom or, more realistically, London?
    The British Red Cross said most migrants wanted to make the move because they believed there was a better prospect of finding work in the UK, or speak English and want to use the language. Others have relatives in the UK, or are drawn by a belief that there is better housing and education available.

The UK is certainly not alone as a target destination. According to the EU's statistics body Eurostat, Germany saw the most non-EU asylum seekers in 2014 - almost 203,000 - followed by Sweden, Italy, France, Hungary, and then the UK.

Why is there a crisis in Calais? - BBC News
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I heard refugees are literally rushing the Chunnel entrance on the French side.

A*O

True. Many of these illegal immigrants (not refugees) are crossing into Europe from North Africa after paying people smugglers thousands of $$$. They arrive in Italy and Greece in leaky boats or are rescued by Navy/Coastguards. Or their leaky boats sink - 700 drowned yesterday apparently. They then make their way north, with little discouragement from local authorities who are happy to see them move on to become someone else's problem, to France towards the UK, land of milk and honey with easy and plentiful public welfare and SOME jobs. They aren't interested in the U.S. Geographically the UK is the end of the line and seems to have a mythical allure for them.

There are some genuine refugees fleeing religious or political persecution from brutal regimes. But the majority are basically economic migrants, single young men, trying to get in via the back door and once they arrive they either "disappear" to work illegally or claim asylum so the law/welfare system kicks in while they are processed which usually takes YEARS.

In order to claim asylum they are advised to say they are gay and therefore fleeing persecution. Then the Offenderati hashtag warriors scream "homophobia" and no doubt "racism" if anyone dares question it.
    Last edited by A*O; August 5th, 2015 at 04:49 PM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information