Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SHELLEE
  • 1 Post By stef

Thread: Woman Finds Two-Way Mirror in Berwyn Bar Bathroom

Default Woman Finds Two-Way Mirror in Berwyn Bar Bathroom

The mirror was placed on a door directly across from a private stall at Berwyn’s Cigars and Stripes, giving full-length view of whoever was sitting on the toilet

Woman Finds Two-Way Mirror in Berwyn Bar Bathroom | NBC Chicago

Comic Tamale Sepp was performing a set at a bar in Chicago’s west suburbs when she visited the women’s restroom and noticed something strange – a full-length mirror directly across from the toilet. Sepp opened the door behind the mirror and inside found a utility closet large enough to stand in. From the other side she noticed you were able to see through the mirror and into the stall at Berwyn’s Cigars and Stripes.

Shocked, Sepp recorded her findings and posted the video on YouTube. In less than 24 hours it’s garnered more than 70,000 views. The owner of Cigars & Stripes, located at 6715 Ogden Ave., Ronnie Lotz, told Gawker’s Jezebel that “yes, absolutely” they have a two-way mirror in their restroom, and it’s been there for nearly 15 years.

Lotz told the publication they’ve had the mirror's view on customers since 2001, and as for those who have something to say about it? He says he would rather “burn this [bleep] place to the ground” before getting rid of the mirror, adding, “Do you know how much joy that mirror has brought to us?”

As for why they installed the mirror in the first place, he said in the same interview it was because “this is a fun house, honey, and if you don’t like the two-way mirror, go [bleep] yourself.” He invited people to “come see my mirror; eat my chicken wings,” adding that he enjoyed the attention from those outraged by the mirror because, afterall, he's "selling chicken wings.”

The full conversation went in many directions with Lotz, who has owned the bar for “16 miserable years," launching into short-lived discussions on everything from professional wrestling to hauntings to Lenny Bruce and an unidentified man who fell dead. The bar has since shared the article on their Facebook page.

In one of his last comments to Jezebel’s reporter, he asked, “But hey – how do you know this isn’t a publicity stunt I haven’t manufactured? You don’t, do you?” When tried to reach for additional comment, the restaurant’s voicemail box was disconnected. As of Monday afternoon they had not responded to an email request for comment.

The Berwyn Police Department said they are investigating the incident.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

So, could anyone actually see in the bathroom stall? Was it a mirror that just looked at the closed bathroom stall?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

From the comments I read you'd have to go through the single room bathroom to get to the door with the mirror, and on the other side of the mirrored door was a storeroom. I can't find if there was another way to access the storeroom besides through the bathroom.

I just read through a lot of the comments and found it interesting how many men were responding with "who cares? I wouldn't care if someone watched me pee. What's the big deal? It's just a joke" etc.

But if they could see them pee (which I still don't know) it would be illegal.

Then they've probably watched little girls peeing. They need to be crushed.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Don't you think they'd be arrested or closed down if they were showing the toilet? Yes I'm blonde, drunk, whatever but I still don't quite understand what is going on here.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

There were lots of comments that it was apoarently well known to regulars of the bar about the mirror. IDK if that would make me feel better to learn about it after the fact. Who's to say who's possibly been in that room or if there were cameras on the other side? I would never think to check behind that door. If there was nothing posted letting me know there's a 2-way mirror in there, I'd be raising a stink.

I hope if there's anything shady going on, even as simple as there being no notice, that they get fined and are made to make changes. I would assume they'd be shut down or fined or whatever, but only if they're technically or legally doing something wrong AND appropriate authorities have been notified.

the way the owner reacted tells you everything you need to know. if they were spying or even recording people on the toilet, this is a disgusting invasion of privacy and intimacy and they need to get sued.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

That's absolutely disgusting and illegal, I hope they get shut down as well. The owner sounds nuts, who knows if he records the room.

Thread Information