Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Mary Kay Letourneau: I Want to Get My Name Off Sex-Offender Register

Default Mary Kay Letourneau: I Want to Get My Name Off Sex-Offender Register

Barbara Walters interviewed Mary Kay Letourneau on Friday night. She’s the former teacher who (at age 34) statutory raped her 12-year-old student, Vili Fualaau. She already had four children of her own before she became pregnant with Vili’s child. Mary Kay subsequently served seven years in prison. She and Vili are still together. She’s 53, and he’s 31. They have two teenage daughters and have been married since May 2006 (when Vili was 21). He works as a DJ (under the name
    DJ Headline), and she found employment as a paralegal. Mary Kay and Vili sat down with Barbara Walters to discuss their upcoming tenth wedding anniversary. And because two of these parties are desperate for attention, and I’m not talking about Vili.

Highlights
    from this interview include Mary Kay blaming the media for what happened to her. Mary Kay would also love to go back[ to teaching even though she’s still a registered sex offender. She’s already found some extra work by tutoring and giving piano lessons. Some excerpts:

Mary Kay is delusional “I don’t know if enough time will pass where it will take away what the media did to our story. Because it was so big, and they ran with it so fast. There’s a story of us that has a life of its own. But it’s not our story.”

Mary Kay on their marriage:
    “If it wasn’t strong enough in the beginning, it wouldn’t have carried through those years.”

Vili on their marriage:
    “It was a huge relief to actually get married … [after] just going through all those years and then having so many questions and them not being answered.”

Mary Kay wants off the sex offender list:
    “Recently I said, ‘It’s been 10 years, why don’t I lift that?’ There’s a process, there’s a form, you take it to court and then they grant it if it looks like it should be granted.”

Mary Kay says all her kids are close:
    “When we were first married they were very involved in our home. All of our holidays were always together. And they’re very close with their sisters.”

Vili feels differently:
    “It’s an awkward feeling, for sure, to be close in age with someone technically your stepson or stepdaughter.”

Mary Kay on how their daughters found out:
    “There was never a sit-down chat: ‘Now is the time we’re going to talk to our children about this. They seemed to already know … because they grew up with it. There’s just never been a, ‘Wow, we better explain.’”

Vili doesn’t want his daughters to date: “The reason for me telling them that was just from, out of experience. A relationship could lead to something that you think you wanted back then. You don’t really want it, maybe, years later … I don’t support younger kids being married or having a relationship with someone older. I don’t support it.”

[From ABC]

Cele|bitchy | Mary Kay Letourneau blames the media & wants to start teaching again

Am I wrong to think he's still being victimized by her and he's just not that into her?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

He still sounds traumatized.
    greysfang likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I'm sorry, I don't care if they're in love now. She met him when he was in second grade, began a sexual relationship with him when he was 12. If this were a man with a girl he raped, I don't think we would be seeing these interviews with Barbara Walters. She's gross. She even had the chance to avoid prison and she still went off with him again. She has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

Vili doesn’t want his daughters to date: “The reason for me telling them that was just from, out of experience. A relationship could lead to something that you think you wanted back then. You don’t really want it, maybe, years later … I don’t support younger kids being married or having a relationship with someone older. I don’t support it.”

[From ABC]
    Just...weird. He does it, but he doesn't support it? Way to set an example, dude.

Or, you know, experience could have showed him that it's not a good idea. Like parents that have dropped out of college and want to make sure their kids don't make the same mistake. Or teen moms who struggled and want to make sure their children don't, etc.
    holly likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Mary Kay wants off the sex offender list: “Recently I said, ‘It’s been 10 years, why don’t I lift that?’ There’s a process, there’s a form, you take it to court and then they grant it if it looks like it should be granted.”
    Fuck no.
    holly likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Fuck no.
    Yeah, she wants to be removed from the sex offender list and possibly go back to teacher. Sounds like Vili is too old for her now.

She is like the textbook example of someone you DO NOT take off the list. Even now, she cannot bring herself to admit she did something wrong. Somehow it's the media's fault that her relationship with a 12-year-old child was "blown up into something bad". A lot of offenders who don't actually feel remorse will at least PRETEND that they see the error of their ways so that they can get out of jail or get less social opprobrium. Letourneau apparently is do delusional she can't even bring herself to do that.

She earned her spot on the sex offender list, so she should stay on it until she is taking her dirt nap.
    Bluebonnet, Trixie, holly and 2 others like this.
    LeAnn looks like she was born down wind from an outhouse.

I remember the two of them doing some club gig when I lived in Seattle. It was called Hot for Teacher Night. I have to admit, it was pretty surreal hearing the radio ads for it. When the whole trial and whatnot was happening I lived in another city. Washington always has the best weirdos. If you click on the picture, a short news video about from KOMO will play. They have a bunch of fun pics and video of the 2 lovebirds.

Mary K. Letourneau hosts 'Hot Teacher' night

By KOMO Staff Published: May 21, 2009 at 1:11 PM PDT Last Updated: May 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM PDT

»PLAY VIDEOMary Kay Letourneau and her former student, Vili Fualaau, appear with two models in this publicity photo for "Hot Teacher Night" at Fuel Sports Bar. (Photo used by permission of Locke Dauch, Locked Photography.)SEATTLE - The odyssey of Mary Kay Letourneau, which began years ago when she was a 34-year-old teacher who raped a sixth-grade student, has now evolved into "Hot for Teacher" night at a Pioneer Square bar.

But the bar's owner says the event is all in fun, and he hopes people take it in the right spirit.

Letourneau, who eventually served time for raping her former student then later married him after her release from prison, will be hosting the event Saturday at Fuel Sports Eats & Beats on Washington Street.

Letourneau's former student, Vili Fualaau, will be there, too. He'll be the DJ, spinning Top 40 and club classic hits all night.

Fuel's owner, Mike Morris, said he realizes having Letourneau host a "Hot Teacher" night could be touchy and might rub some people the wrong way.

But the way he figures it, "Mary's done her time. She's served her sentence. They're now married; they have kids together."

"It's turned into sort of a love story," he says. "I realize it had a sick twist at the beginning, but they're both adults now. They're both married by the state of Washington. So, it's just go and have fun on a Saturday night - and if people are looking to have some fun, just come check us out."

Morris said this is actually the third time that Letourneau and Fualaau have hosted a "Hot for Teachers" night at the nightclub. The first two events were low-key, and he said patrons really warmed up to the couple.

"We get lots of people who want to come meet them. And once they do meet them, they're like, 'Oh my God, she's so down-to-earth and so nice, and he's such a good DJ,' that it's creating like a stir or a buzz, and its bringing people back," Morris says.

Letourneau's role is to make people feel welcome and comfortable, he says.

"She meets people, she greets people, she dances to music, she hosts the party," Morris says. "And she's an absolute sweetheart. And everyone who meets her realizes that and is kind of flabbergasted by how nice she is."

Morris says the idea for "Hot Teacher" night was cooked up between him and Fualaau.

"It was sort of a joke but sort of real, and it was just something that we thought was a good name for it, and of course we got Mary's permission to do it," he says. "She's really trying to kick-start his career."

Morris says the passage of time since the original crime should blunt any criticism.

"It wouldn't be funny if it was a situation that was happening right now. By all means, that wouldn't be funny," he says. "But it's a situation that happened a long time ago, she served her time, now they're married, they had kids together, and we're just having fun."

The couple first met when Fualaau was in the second grade. Their relationship became sexual when he was 12 and she was a 34-year-old married mother of four, a teacher at a suburban elementary school.

Letourneau was pregnant with Fualaau's first child when she was arrested in 1997. She pleaded guilty to second-degree child rape and was sentenced to 7½ years in prison, with all but six months suspended.

Within weeks of her release, she was caught having sex with Fualaau in her car and ordered to serve the remainder of her sentence. She gave birth to the couple's second daughter while serving time.

She was released from prison in August 2004 and the two were reunited. They got married in May 2005 at a tightly guarded ceremony at the Columbia Winery in Woodinville.

Since then, they've kept a fairly low profile - until now.

Mary K. Letourneau hosts 'Hot Teacher' night | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

The whole interview was kinda strange. She talks almost in baby talk like she's a 12 year old kid. She did say that when she was in prison, he wasn't faithful and had other woman.

They just didn't seem IN LURVE in the interview, like it was a marriage of convenience. Personally, I think of the whole thing, he was looking for a parent, a mother figure, which is what he ended up with, and she's a delusional 12 year old who really never matured.
    Trixie and holly like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

It's just so screwed up--he's closer in age to his own kids than he is to his wife!

And speaking of kids, didn't she have 3 or 4 with her first husband? I wonder if they ever reconciled or have anything to do with her. (I suppose I could google but too lazy at the moment)
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I think she has four children with her ex-husband. She claims that they are close to her sister, but I read that they really don't have anything to do with her.

There is no grey line on the sex offender list.There are people that don't belong on it imo. She should not be removed. Almost like Stockholm syndrom.
    kasippu likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information