Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Captured Jordanian Pilot Burned Alive

Default Captured Jordanian Pilot Burned Alive

Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive' - BBC News

Jordan pilot hostage Moaz al-Kasasbeh 'burned alive'
    27 minutes ago
    From the section Middle East

Media caption
    The BBC's security correspondent Frank Gardner: "Tonight Jordan is coming to terms with the news"
    Jordan has confirmed the death of pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh after a video published online by Islamic State (IS) claimed to show him being burned alive.
    The video shows a man standing in a cage engulfed in flames. Officials are working to confirm its authenticity.
    Jordan's King Abdullah hailed Lt Kasasbeh as a hero, saying Jordan must "stand united" in the face of hardship.
    The pilot was captured when his plane came down near Raqqa, Syria, during a mission against IS in December.
    The video posted on Tuesday was distributed via a Twitter account known as a source for IS propaganda.
    The highly produced 22-minute film includes a sequence showing the Jordanian pilot walking at gunpoint amongst rubble apparently caused by coalition air strikes that targeted jihadists.
    BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner says that in a world already shocked by the calculated cruelty of Islamic State's actions, the horrific video is aimed primarily at Arab populations in Jordan and the Gulf states.
    Jordanian state TV reports that Lt Kasasbeh, 26, was killed a month ago. Jordan had tried to secure his release since then.
    The country has vowed "punishment and revenge" for his death, and the king described IS as a "deviant criminal group".

Media caption
    Jordan's King Abdullah: "It is every Jordanians' duty to stand together"
    Jordan, which has joined the US-led coalition against IS, had been attempting to secure Lt Kasasbeh's release as part of a prisoner swap, offering to free Iraqi militant Sajida al-Rishawi in exchange.
    She is a failed suicide bomber now on death row in Jordan for her role in attacks in the capital, Amman, that killed 60 people in 2005.
    IS had sought Rishawi's release as part of a deal to free captive Japanese journalist Kenji Goto. A video that appeared to show Goto's dead body appeared three days ago.

At the scene: Paul Adams, BBC News, Amman

Relatives had gathered around Lt Kasasbeh's father (centre) in Amman
    Jordanians greeted the news with horror. Many have seen the gruesome video, barely edited, played over and over on television.
    Hundreds gathered in the streets after dark, demanding revenge against Lt Kasasbeh's killers. Some also wanted to know why Jordan was involved in this fight at all.
    The pilot's father was among supporters when the news came through. He and other family members have left the capital to mourn at home.
    King Abdullah said Lt Kasasbeh had died defending his beliefs and homeland. The defence ministry said the pilot's blood would not have been shed in vain. It is promising a fitting punishment.
    For many Jordanians, this has to begin with the quick execution of Sajida al-Rishawi, the failed al-Qaeda suicide bomber, jailed 10 years ago for her part in a spate of bombings against hotels here.
    Profile: Lt Moaz al-Kasasbeh

A spokesman for the Jordanian armed forces, Mamdouh al-Ameri, said Lt Kasasbeh had "fallen as a martyr".
    "His blood will not be shed in vain," he said. "Our punishment and revenge will be as huge as the loss of the Jordanians."
    Jordanian officials were quoted as saying Rishawi would be executed imminently, along with three other convicted militants.

Late on Tuesday, supporters of the pilot expressed their anger at a rally in Amman

Analysis: Jonathan Marcus, BBC diplomatic correspondent
    One thing is clear from this video - Islamic State never had any intention of releasing the young Jordanian pilot. According to Jordanian state media he was killed on 3 January, well before the supposed prisoner exchange talks moved into high gear.
    The cynical manipulation of this episode by IS shows the importance it affords to information warfare - here an attempt to create problems for the Jordanian authorities and to weaken the Arab-Western coalition, at a time when it appears to be struggling to make dramatic headway against IS on the ground.
    This is the problem for the coalition. Its air campaign is in many ways a stop-gap intended to halt the progress of IS, but requiring effective troops on the ground to significantly turn back its advance.

Jordan's King Abdullah is cutting short a visit to the US after news of Lt Kasasbeh's death, but will meet President Barack Obama before he heads home.
    Mr Obama earlier said in a statement that if the video was real, it would be "one more indication of the viciousness and barbarity" of IS.
    "I think it will redouble the vigilance and determination on the part of the global coalition to make sure they are degraded and ultimately defeated," he added.
    The Jordanian king has already met US Vice-President Joe Biden who "reinforced America's ironclad support" for Jordan, the White House said.

Timeline: Jordanian pilot held hostage
    24 December 2014: Jordanian Lt Moaz Youssef al-Kasasbeh captured by IS after his plane crashes
    25 December 2014: Pilot's father urges IS to show mercy
    20 January 2015: IS threatens to kill two Japanese hostages unless Japan pays $200m ransom within 72 hours
    24 January: IS releases video of Japanese hostage Kenji Goto holding a picture apparently showing Haruna Yukawa's decapitated body
    24 January: IS calls for release of Sajida al-Rishawi, an Iraqi militant sentenced to death in Jordan
    28 January: Jordan offers to release Rishawi in exchange for Lt Kasasbeh
    29 January: Deadline to kill Lt Kasasbeh and Mr Goto expires
    31 January: Video released appearing to show Kenji Goto's body
    3 February: Video released appearing to show Lt Kasasbeh burnt alive, with Jordanian media suggesting he was killed weeks earlier

I'm running out of cuss words for this shit.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Fucking animals.
    Alysheba likes this.

They are worse than animals. My husband is Jordanian and watching him cry over this broke my heart.

These assholes just did a major disservice to their own cause. Fucking pigs.

A*O

Make no mistake, WW3 is here.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

It's just going to get worse. They see the reaction they're getting around the world. Fear, disgust, outrage, etc. Tomorrow, Jordan may possibly execute the lovely woman ISIS wanted in return for the Japanese journalist and this poor guy. i can't even imagine. Considering ISIS wouldn't provide proof of life for Moaz al-Kasasbeh, the Jordanians are working on the theory that he was executed shortly after he was captured.

I just can't believe a human being has such depravity to do this to another human being.

I've been following this for a while and ISIS was trying to trade this Jordanian pilot with a failed suicide female bomber that was being held on death row in Jordan, with negotiations still ongoing at least until yesterday, I believe. Jordan apparently doesn't have the US's strict rule (which I think is bullshit, I think there have been negotiations that we just don't know about) about not negotiating with terrorists. They were willing to do a trade, but wanted proof of life first, and I watched a news report that they burned him alive in early January, all the while "negotiating" for a trade still. Not that we can expect terrorists to be honest .... but the fact that he's been dead for about a month and they were still trying to get their suicide bomber traded all that time just disturbs me even more. I "think" King Abdullah of Jordan was here (I'm pretty sure that was part of the news report I saw today), I'm guessing at the UN or something, when it was announced the Jordanian pilot was burned alive early last month. He made a strong speech and left the US immediately/early to return to Jordan (Jordan is a US ally). The news report said the no-holds-barred video of the burning of the pilot is running rampant all over the internet.

I don't even know what the answer to this is. ISIS is a terrorist group, Syria is a bunch of terrorists. Whichever group we support are still terrorists. Every time we support the "underdog" and train and weaponize them, it never fails to bite us in the ass because that "underdog" always comes back 10-15 years later and terrorizes us (see: Taliban, Al Queda, Iraq, etc.).
    Alysheba likes this.

NEWS
    MIDDLE EAST

Jordan king cites Clint Eastwood in revenge vow

Jordan’s King Abdullah in an army uniform taken from the King’s Facebook account after he swore to increase war against ISIS.

Text size A A A

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News
    Thursday, 5 February 2015
    While local reports revealed Wednesday that the Jordanian King Abdullah will authorize airstrikes against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) group, a U.S. official described the Arab monarch as citing a Hollywood movie character when expressing his wrath upon hearing that the militants had burned his countryman pilot alive during his captivity.
    “He mentioned ‘Unforgiven’ and he mentioned Clint Eastwood, and he actually quoted a part of the movie,” Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter Jr., a Marine Corps veteran of two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, who was in the meeting with the king, told Fox News Channel in an interview aired Wednesday.
    King Abdullah had to cut his U.S. trip short after hearing the news that Moaz al-Kasasbeh was burned alive.
    During a private session with members of the House Armed Services Committee lawmakers, the king expressed his anger by citing American movie icon Clint Eastwood.
    “He said there is going to be retribution like ISIS hasn’t seen,” said the Marine Corps veteran.
    However, Hunter would not say which part of “Unforgiven” the king quoted, but noted it was where Eastwood’s character describes how he is going to deliver his retribution.
    “He’s angry,” Hunter said of King Abdullah. “They’re starting more sorties tomorrow than they’ve ever had. They’re starting tomorrow. And he said, ‘The only problem we’re going to have is running out of fuel and bullets.’”
    “He’s ready to get it on,” Hunter added. “He really is. It reminded me of how we were after 9/11. We were ready to give it to them.”
    Hunter also said that the lawmakers and King Abdullah did not make any mention of U.S. President Barack Obama.
    He added: “ISIS is now going to regret this … because King Abdullah is not Barack Obama.”
    The Jordan Times reported that thousands of Jordanians gathered on Wednesday to receive King Abdullah.
    The Jordan times also reported that mosques and churches around the Kingdom held prayers on Wednesday in memory of al-Kasasbeh.
    Meanwhile, a Jordanian government official on Thursday denied social media reports that King Abdullah flew missions against ISIS earlier on Thursday.
    Last Update: Friday, 6 February 2015 KSA 23:30 - GMT 20:30

TOPICS

CLINT EASTWOOD UNFORGIVEN JORDANIAN KING JORDAN KING ABDULLAH

RELATED STORIES

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...ng-wrath-.html

A*O

He added: “ISIS is now going to regret this … because King Abdullah is not Barack Obama.”
    Vouch
    Nevan, Sylkyn, cherrypye and 2 others like this.
    Dame Edna Everage

I wouldn't even call ISIS terrorists. They are basically a gang of criminal sadists. Anyone who leaves their country to join them, should be permanently locked out of their country and stripped of citizenship, because there is no way at this point to NOT know that you are basically signing up to an organization that exterminates ethnic minorities (Yazidis), crucifies and beheads men, women, and children, and is on the constant lookout to see how they can eclipse previously known achievements in depravity.
    Alysheba, Nevan, sparkles and 5 others like this.

I am almost certain that I remember a news report recently that Jordan is storing a shitload of our (US) fighter jets, bombers, tanks and other weapons on their soil. I think it included some UK military might too. I wonder if we're going to finish this finally. I've always liked King Abdullah and I wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

A*O

Ohhhhhh the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Aussie human rights activists and other social justice warrior wankers bleating about not removing citizenship/passports from misguided, naive, oppressed young men who don't know any better. They are victims too, waah, waah. Oh, and it has nothing to do with Islam either and if you say it is you're obviously a racist (ahem, Islam is a religion, not a race).

Here's an idea, release the jihadi prisoners back to their IS comrades but infect them with Ebola first.
    Dame Edna Everage

Ooooh, A*O, I like the way you think!!! Lol

Even the Muslim Brotherhood leader in Jordan has condemned ISIS saying they are un-Islamic. What we need to do is continue to build a coalition of countries surrounding the area that will ceaselessly bomb the crap out of these guys and take back territory, mile by mile. The problem with all of this is that Bashar Assad is still in power, and (in my opinion) you can't get rid of him and ISIS at the same time.
    sparkles, A*O and Lalasnake like this.

I agree, Mo. It's a solution-less nightmare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information