Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By ConstanceSpry

Thread: Woman who 'died' from cancer heard screaming from inside coffin after being buried

Default Woman who 'died' from cancer heard screaming from inside coffin after being buried

Is the Mirror UK a tabloid/rag NY Post kind of paper?

Totally bizarre.

Woman who 'died' from cancer is heard screaming from inside coffin after being buried alive.
    Cemetery workers claim they heard a woman banging and shouting an hour after being buried.

Cemetery workers raced to a newly-dug grave after they heard banging and muffled shouting an hour after a 45-year-old woman was buried.

As they grabbed tools and anything they could find, they rushed to dig the grave up again after the woman woke up to find herself buried alive in a coffin.

But tragically, the un-named woman died before her would-be rescuers could reach her inside the plot at a cemetery near Greece’s Thessaloniki.

Now police are probing why the woman was pronounced dead by doctors treating her for cancer, only to be found alive.

Her grieving family arranged her funeral at the graveyard in Peraia, a small town 16 miles south of Thessaloniki, Greece’s main city in the north.

Shortly after the last relatives left the cemetery on Thursday, residents and a group of children playing outside reportedly heard a female voice shouting for help from inside the grave.

They called the police, and began digging up the grave to save her but she had suffocated to death inside the coffin, it was reported.

However, a doctor who was at the scene and examined the woman’s body, said she had been dead for hours and could not have been revived.

Dr Chrissi Matsikoudi told Greek TV channel MEGA: "I just don’t believe it. We did several tests including one for heart failure on the body.

"It would have been impossible for someone in a state of rigor mortis to have been shouting and hitting the coffin like that.” A coroner is expected to examine the body.

Meanwhile, relatives of the dead woman say they are considering filing a complaint against the doctors responsible for her treatment at the cancer clinic.

I won't believe it until I see the inside of the coffin. If she were alive, there's no doubt she would have scratched and clawed to get out.

Isn't an embalming, regardless of cause of death, standard operating procedure anywhere but maybe a 3rd world country?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

I wouldn't call Greece a third world country yet but we do not embalm. The dead are buried within 3 days of their death at the most.

I read about this in the news and nobody believes she was actually alive. Probably a very nasty prank or a mass hysteria with everybody thinking they heard something. The police was called and she was taken out of the coffin very quickly, before the funeral was even over but the cops said rigor mortis had set in.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I didn't mean any disrespect yanna. I just assumed the dead were embalmed everywhere. Don't bodies start bloating within hours of death (anyone)?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Total bullshit and paranoia..poor woman,s mouth was stuffed with gaze..she wouldnt be able to scream even if she was alive..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

A*O

Agree. It's bullshit.

And no, embalming isn't standard procedure everywhere. In the UK at least I'd say it was uncommon but open casket "viewings" [shudder] are unusual there too. I think that's more a US/Catholic thing. I've never seen the point of embalming.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    I didn't mean any disrespect yanna. I just assumed the dead were embalmed everywhere. Don't bodies start bloating within hours of death (anyone)?
    Not if they're kept in a freezer, which afaik they are in standard morgues or mortuaries. Regardless of when or if embalming takes place.

Not buying this story either. But what a cruel prank! And it's not even Halloween yet....
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

How deep was she buried? There is no way that someone could be heard screaming through a coffin and six feet of dirt.
    A*O likes this.

Sounds like BS, rigor mortis is well-known to prevent screaming.

Re. embalming, it is really bad for the environment, so thankfully it is not used in most countries. Formaldehyde and phenol seep into the groundwater, plus funeral homes just rinse whatever spills during the "prodedure" down the drains, so it all ends up in our drinking water supply. Really, why not keep the casket closed or, better yet, have a green burial and then a memorial service.
    A*O likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information