Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Family Stumped by Fired Live-In Nanny Who Won't Leave

Default Family Stumped by Fired Live-In Nanny Who Won't Leave

Damn - this old broad is nuts!!! There is no way I would be allowing her to stay in my house and eat my food. I would change the locks as soon as she left the house and put her stuff on the front porch. She could sue me all she wants.

Family Stumped by Fired Live-In Nanny Who Won't Leave - Yahoo

Family Stumped by Fired Live-In Nanny Who Won't Leave

By SARAH FIGALORA | Good Morning America – 1 hour 47 minutes ago

A California family is stumped about what to do with a live-in nanny they say refuses to work, refuses to be fired and refuses to leave.

In fact, Marcella Bracamonte claims that the nanny, Diane Stretton, has threatened to sue the family for wrongful firing and elder abuse.

Marcella and Ralph Bracamonte of Upland, California, say they hired Stretton, 64, as a live-in nanny on March 4 to help with their three children, ages 11, 4, and 1. According to the couple, the terms of Stretton's employment were that Stretton was to nanny for the family and help around the house in exchange for room and board.

“We’ve done it before and have never had a problem,” Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News. “I was a stay-at-home mom and thought it would be good to have someone around to help out.”

“The first few weeks she was awesome,” Bracamonte said. “She would come places with us, help out the kids. She was really great.”

Then things changed.

“All of a sudden she stopped working, she would stay in her room all day and only come out when food was ready,” said Bracamonte.

Stretton then told the couple she had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, which prevented her from helping around the house.

After what Bracamonte said was weeks of failed attempts to encourage Stretton to perform some of her agreed upon duties, the couple approached her on June 6 with a “last chance letter” reiterating the conditions of her job and stating the consequences if she continued to ignore her responsibilities. Stretton, Bracamonte said, refused to sign the letter, saying that the job was too much for her and she would be leaving in 30 days.

The Bracamontes approached her with a second letter putting her 30-day notice in writing, which, they said, she also refused to sign.

“When I asked her why she wouldn’t sign the letter she said ‘It’s not legal,’ and slammed the door in my face,” Bracamonte recalled. “Once she said the word legal, I knew it wasn’t going to be fun.”

Bracamonte called the police, but the cops declined to do anything, saying it was a civil matter. Lt. John Moore of the Upland Police Department confirmed to ABC News that there is no immediate action that can be taken against Stretton, saying "generally, once somebody has established residency, you have to go through a formal eviction process.”

Bracamonte soon realized that this was not Stretton’s first time with legal matters. Stretton reportedly has been involved in 36 lawsuits, landing herself on California’s Vexatious Litigant Lists for repeatedly abusing the legal system.

“Anyone who looks at her crooked, she sues,” said Bracamonte.

She claims that Stretton is now threatening to sue for wrongful firing and elder abuse.

Stretton is still living in the family's home, eating the family's food and Bracamonte said Stretton told her she wanted the family out of the house from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

“I’m not going to bend for her,” said Bracamonte. “I’m in charge, this is my house. She’s not going to scare me out of my own house.”

But Bracamonte fears for her three children staying in the house with Stretton, saying “I worry there’s obviously something not right in her mind, and the police won’t protect us until someone gets hurt.”

“You don’t know what you’re opening yourself up to when you open your house to someone,” said Bracamonte.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Call the cops.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^She did and they won't do anything!!

I'd move my kids out and do some serious mind fucking on this piece of shit bitch.
    Honeythorn and Jazzy like this.

A*O

The "landlord" has no obligation to feed this parasite but it will take lawyers and money to get her out. These board and lodging in exchange for housework and nanny duties NEVER work unless both parties sign a cast iron contract.

If they try to play mind games or other "harassment" she will call the cops on her hosts. She's obviously a real piece of work and they should have googled her before swallowing.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I know the old broad is crazy and completely in the wrong, but working for room and board sounds like indentured servitude - don't they have to give her some kind of monetary compensation for basically working 24/7 (even though she never actually did)?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

and hiring her off Craigslist? good grief.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'd be insane with anger. Can't believe the cops can't do anything. But then again, yes I can.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

A*O

It is totally whack but these professional litigants know the system inside out and she does have a long track record. These naive fools obviously didn't do any due diligence or simple background checks before letting her move in so shame on them, and shame on her for being such a bitch. They will get her out eventually but it will take a lot of time and money.
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I know the old broad is crazy and completely in the wrong, but working for room and board sounds like indentured servitude - don't they have to give her some kind of monetary compensation for basically working 24/7 (even though she never actually did)?
    Chances are, they were paying her cash under the table. It's pretty common out here in CA to pay someone a few hundred a week and give them room, board, and meals. I know a few people that do it. The "nanny" doesn't work 24/7, usually just during working hours and is off on the weekends. Of course, not everyone does that.

I wouldn't feed her at all and I would set up a stereo that played loudly at the door of her bedroom all day. I would remove TV from her room and all my furniture. I would make her life a living hell.

Faithanne - I have seen many who provide free living in exchange for housework, childcare, etc. with no compensation. My friend has a carriage house and let's a couple live there for free (they pay their own utilities) in exchange for cleaning her pool, mowing her lawn and the weeding, and snow removal in the winter. She spends most of the winter in Florida and feels better knowing someone is at her home. They get a 2 bedroom carriage house that would rent for about $1600 in exchange for about 10-12 hours of labor each month.
    *DIVA!, darksithbunny and BITTER like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Mrs. Cantfire

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

So they didn't even google her name or what?!?!? And this woman lives with them and would care for the children? Gahhhhhh, that's insane!
    sluce likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post

Faithanne - I have seen many who provide free living in exchange for housework, childcare, etc. with no compensation. My friend has a carriage house and let's a couple live there for free (they pay their own utilities) in exchange for cleaning her pool, mowing her lawn and the weeding, and snow removal in the winter. She spends most of the winter in Florida and feels better knowing someone is at her home. They get a 2 bedroom carriage house that would rent for about $1600 in exchange for about 10-12 hours of labor each month.
    But they would have the rest of the month (outside those 10-12 hours) to earn money. If this woman lives with them and looks after their 3 children, is she allowed to have an outside job as well? Otherwise how does she pay for personal items, clothing etc?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

A*O

Up the workers!
    Dame Edna Everage

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    But they would have the rest of the month (outside those 10-12 hours) to earn money. If this woman lives with them and looks after their 3 children, is she allowed to have an outside job as well? Otherwise how does she pay for personal items, clothing etc?
    At 64, she is only one year from collecting Social Security, so, if she actually had a continuous history of decent employment, then this arrangement would have paid for her place to live while SS would have paid for her personal items and clothing.

On the other hand, I'm not sure several decades of swindling and suing people would have resulted in many contributions to her social security fund.
    sluce likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information