Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Arrestee's 'handsome' mug shot goes viral

Default Arrestee's 'handsome' mug shot goes viral

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A handsome mug shot of a Northern California man arrested on felony weapons charges has gone viral on social media, attracting more than 30,000 "likes" and drawing comments praising his high cheek bones, chiseled face and striking blue eyes.

Jeremy Meeks, 30, a felon, was arrested Wednesday on five weapons charges and one gang charge, according to Officer Joseph Silva, a spokesman for the Stockton Police Department.
    No previous arrest photo has garnered so much positive attention since the department set up the Facebook page in March 2012, Silva told The Associated Press.
    "I have not seen that many likes for a photo before," he said.
    By late Thursday, Meeks' arrest photo had garnered more than 30,000 "likes," and 9,400 comments, and had been shared more than 2,900 times.
    "Wow. That is one good looking mug shot!" one person wrote.
    "Momma, I'm in love with a criminal," another joked.
    Some online commentators even said Meeks looked like he belonged in an Abercrombie & Fitch ad or on the show "America's Next Top Model."
    Still others were disapproving, such as one observer who said, "He may be a tad bit cute, but with six felonies, he ain't that cute."
    Meeks was one of four men taken into custody during Operation Ceasefire, a multiagency mission to curb a recent increase in shootings and robberies in the Weston Ranch area of Stockton, a Northern California city of about 300,000 nestled amid the network of waterways that form the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta.
    Four firearms were confiscated during a sweep Wednesday involving the Stockton police gang unit, the FBI, the U.S. Marshals Task Force and other agencies.
    Silva called Meeks "one of the most violent criminals in the Stockton area," though he declined to provide any details on the crimes that Meeks is believed to have been involved in.
    Meeks, who is being held in lieu of $900,000 bail, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday afternoon.
    Silva did not know whether he had retained a lawyer.

http://news.yahoo.com/arrestees-hand...033406733.html

Goodness, he's pretty. Wonder how tall he is.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

He sure does have some amazing dick sucking lips.

I have a feeling they'll be put to good use where he's headed looking that pretty.

His mother has set up a Go Fund Me page - Free Jeremy by Katherine Angier - GoFundMe
    sprynkles and ConstanceSpry like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

nothing says scuzzy quite like face and neck tattoos.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

He's 6'1'' and 170 lbs according to the information I could pull up. His bone structure is amazing and he could've been a model in another life, oh well. He is handsome, but I detect a hint of batshit crazy beneath those nice features and the tattoos. Like he'd choke you for not fixing his sandwich right or punch you in the throat when he's sleeping type of crazy.

From the comments I've seen from thirsty women and men on Facebook and Tumblr, his prison commissary books will never be empty. He'll have the good top ramen and cool-ranch Doritos all the time!

Someone photoshopped him, and yeah, he had potential:

What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

He is beautiful and I think enough so that all he would have had to do is walk into a modeling agency. Not so beautiful with 6 felonies. Or the tats. Damn.

That tear tattoo on his face .... I thought that was "code" for having a murder under your belt, but I haven't read anywhere about him being indicted for murder at any point in his life. Am I wrong about the meaning?

Why Women Still Love Bad Boys (Like the Hot-Mugshot Guy)

A star was born this week in Stockton, California: Jeremy Meeks, a 30-year-old convicted felon whose hunky mugshot — featuring dreamy slate-blue eyes and chiseled cheekbones — has turned him into a viral heartthrob. “Definitely the sexiest mugshot I’ve ever seen!” gushes one of 16,000-plus comments on the photo, posted on Facebook on Wednesday by the Stockton Police Department. But while no previous arrest photo has attracted this much attention in the two years since the page was set up, according to the department, it’s far from the first time women have gone gaga for a bad guy.

“This is a really great example of an evolutionary lag — how women still find things attractive that don’t necessarily translate well into the modern world,” Vinita Mehta, a Washington, D.C.–based psychotherapist, tells Yahoo Shine. Because while being muscular and tough enough to thrive in dangerous situations might have been necessary for human survival back in caveman times, “these are not the things that help us survive and reproduce today,” notes Mehta, who is writing a book titled “Paleo Love” about how Stone Age genes can complicate modern relationships.

A spate of studies, including a small one in 2012 by psychologist Kristina Durante called “Ovulation Leads Women to Perceive Sexy Cads as Good Dads,” have found hormones to blame for putting looks and edgy charisma over niceness and reliability. Another in 2013 found that a majority of women, perhaps because of those old Stone Age values, most desired men possessing what’s called the “Dark Triad” personality traits of narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism — a seemingly repellant combo of duplicity, insincerity, self-importance, and callousness.

And then, Mehta notes, there are women whose own realities simply draw them to the dark side. “Especially for women who are living on the edge, or under stress, there’s a push toward the bad boy,” she says. “Some follow a ‘faster life’ strategy and are living amid instability, both financially and relationship-wise, and are thinking about the now rather than the long term.”

The mugshot loved round the world. Photo: Facebook/Stockton Police DepartmentOther recent criminal objects of affection have included Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzokhar Tsarnaev, who was declared as being “too pretty to be guilty” by one of his slew of online fans; Aurora, Colorado, shooter James Holmes, who inspired a Facebook fan page and piqued the interest of women who found him attractive; and a string of high-profile convicted murderers from Scott Peterson to Ted Bundy to brothers Lyle and Erik Menendez, both of whom have married since entering prison to serve out their life sentences for killing their parents.

Meeks, arrested Wednesday on five weapons charges and one gang-related charge as part of a sweep responding to regional shootings and robberies, was deemed “one of the most violent criminals in the Stockton area” by a police department spokesperson, according to the Associated Press. Though the nature of his previous convictions has not been divulged, his fans on Facebook — where his mugshot has garnered nearly 56,000 likes — don’t seem too concerned with the details.

“I'll bail him out. His sentence will be to live with me for the rest of his life....not to [sic] bad if you ask me,” noted one woman. Other choice comments: “Such a babe,” “He could’ve been a supermodel with those looks,” “OMG boy toy, LOL,” “That’s a good-lookin’ convict,” and “Felon-crush Friday?”

A Jeremy Meeks Facebook community page set up on Thursday already has nearly 33,000 likes. It features various photos of the convict with his son, wife, and mother, Katherine Angier, and projections about his future in the modeling industry. There are also several memes, including one that swaps his face into a Calvin Klein ad, and another that declares he “Steals your heart — and your DVD player.” Angier, meanwhile, has set up a “Free Jeremy” page on GoFundMe in an attempt to raise money toward her son’s $900,000 bail and a "fair trial." She claims he has no gang affiliations and “is being stereotyped due to old tattoos.” Though the tats don’t seem to faze Meeks’s growing collection of admirers.

https://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/why...170852977.html

Edit to add....

Last edited by Icepik; June 20th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Goodness, he's pretty. Wonder how tall he is.
    Retracted.
    Cinnamon*Girl and sluce like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Retracted.

LOL... not that it matters now, but 6'1

Yeah, it doesn't matter now that I've seen him looking like a CRACKHEAD
    Sylkyn, levitt and Seapharris7 like this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Or living proof that sometimes you just take a bad picture..I've seen others of him and he still hawt!!

I think he got lucky with that one picture. I went to that Facebook link and he's just ok... not at all gorgeous like he is in the mugshot.
    Jazzy likes this.

he's gorgeous, until he smiles. those gold teeth are hideous.
    HWBL likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

'stone age genes'
    i have a couple of friends who are guilty of that. they can't for the life of them find non-asshole abusive men attractive and they go for the same dominant douche time and time again.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Purdy is as purdy does, and this guy has a rap sheet that goes back to the dinosaur days. I've seen much handsomer convicts.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information