• 1 Post By levitt
  • 2 Post By BoogsBun
  • 2 Post By Ravenna
  • 2 Post By Laurent
  • 3 Post By gas_chick

Thread: PETA seeks to turn Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home into vegan eatery

mjw
    Elite Member

Default PETA seeks to turn Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home into vegan eatery

An animal rights group is taking a stab at buying the childhood home of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer in an effort to transform the Ohio house into a vegan eatery.

In a letter last week, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk asked a real estate agent about the Bath Township home and proposed making it a restaurant “to respond to the past with something positive,” the Akron Beacon Journal reported.

Newkirk compared the way animals were slaughtered to the way Dahmer treated the 17 victims he was convicted of killing.

“We are always looking forward to ways to draw attention to the violence inherent in the production of meat, eggs and milk — which involve processes that would shock all but the most hard-hearted person,” Newkirk wrote, according to the newspaper.

“Dahmer’s old house gives us a way to evoke sympathy for these victims and to suggest that a life-affirming diet can change everything.”

The 2,000-square-foot home on the outskirts of Akron — where Dahmer killed the first of his 17 victims in 1978 — has been on the market since last month.

But a PETA spokesperson told the paper that the animal rights group is serious about the offer and is willing to take whatever steps necessary to open the new food joint. Ingrid Newkirk, president of PETA, sent a letter proposing to buy Dahmer’s childhood home and turn it into a vegan restaurant.

They even revealed a name for the restaurant and listed some of the items they would likely serve.

The eatery, Eat for Life: Home Cooking, would offer entrees like chipotle barbecue tofu kebabs and a vegan creamy chicken casserole — made from faux-chicken and dairy-free sour cream.

Richard Lubinski of Stouffer Realty, who is handling the sale of Dahmer’s former house, said he was not sure if the offer was serious or if the offer was part of a publicity stunt.

Dahmer was notorious for raping, torturing and dismembering his victims. But the deal could help to remove a longtime stain in the community.

“I think it’s great,” Lubinski told the paper. “If they want to buy it and repurpose it, that’s phenomenal.”

source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - PETA seeks to turn Jeffrey Dahmer’s childhood home into vegan eatery
    Last edited by Tati; April 10th, 2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: removed bolding

It's also a way to evoke a lot of publicity. Also I'm pretty sure that a "life-affirming diet" can't really change the fact Jeffrey Dahmer murdered a fuck load of people.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Well that's not creepy at all.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

PETA can fuck right off. I think it's rather demented, that they compare the two. Why doesn't PETA buy it and turn it into a no-kill shelter, since PETA shelters like to euthanize the animals that go to their shelters.
    witchcurlgirl and Kittylady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    It's also a way to evoke a lot of publicity.
    Could be wrong, but I think this kind of publicity is more likely to compel people to order a double hamburger out of spite than to make them interested in becoming vegan.
    Bluebonnet and Kittylady like this.

Uh yeah cause the thought of any kind of food in that place is super appetizing.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Could be wrong, but I think this kind of publicity is more likely to compel people to order a double hamburger out of spite than to make them interested in becoming vegan.
    Except for the fact that Dahmer ate some of his victims, so I'd probably stay away from any meat dishes in this joint anyway.
    Bluebonnet and levitt like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

So I shouldn't order the leg of lamb?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Stay away from anything labeled Asian.
    levitt, A*O and sputnik like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

And don't even think about trying the brains.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I'm obviously hugely sick and twisted, but I thought this was funny. You know, awful and creepy, but yeah. I guess I have a dark sense of humour.

STFU Peta. No way I'd eat in a joint that reminds me of Dahmer.

Thread Information