• 1 Post By Brookie
  • 1 Post By Flygirl

Thread: Family Sues N.Y. Nursing Home Over Male Stripper Visit

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Family Sues N.Y. Nursing Home Over Male Stripper Visit

Photo of nursing home patient Bernice Youngblood with visiting stripper

An 85-year-old
    nursing home patient was the victim of "disgraceful sexual perversion" whena male stripper gyrated in front of her against her will at the suburban West Babylon, N.Y., facility, an attorney for the woman's family said Tuesday.

John Ray, the attorney for Bernice Youngblood and her family, displayed a picture of a man in white briefs dancing in front of the woman at East Neck Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in September 2012.

The photo, which Ray said Youngblood's son found during a visit to his mother, shows the woman putting money into the dancer's waistband.

Ray said Youngblood had been urged to participate and did so against her will. The family has filed suit against the nursing home seeking unspecified damages.

Ray said Youngblood, who herself had worked as a health aide for the elderly, had her dignity taken away when "nursing home employees subjected her to this disgraceful sexual perversion."

Youngblood, who attended the news conference in a wheelchair with some of her relatives at her side, mumbled in a barely audible voice that she felt "terrible" and "ashamed" about what happened, but did not remember details.

Howard Fensterman, an attorney representing the facility, said a 16-member resident committee had requested the September 2012 performance and the nursing home paid the $250 fee.

Fensterman said the facility's management reserves the right to reject a request by the residents' committee, particularly if the activity were deemed detrimental.

"But in this instance these are adults who wanted to have this activity, they requested it, they voted on it and the nursing home approved of it," he said.

Franklin Youngblood said he went to a nursing supervisor for an explanation immediately after finding the photo in his mother's bedroom drawer. The lawsuit claims the nurse attempted to grab the photo from him.

Fensterman said the girlfriend of one of Bernice Youngblood's sons had taken her to the stripper show, and not nursing home employees. Ray said Youngblood's son disputed that claim and, in any case, that does not mean Youngblood was not harmed by what she saw.

Fensterman also chided Ray for claiming that Youngblood was suffering from dementia, while at the same time noting the woman signed a power of attorney document claiming she was competent to sign it.

"Ms. Youngblood suffers from partial dementia," Ray said. "She has moments of partial lucidity."

The claims and counter-claims came during a sequence of heated news conferences outside the facility in West Babylon. Reporters and cameramen jostled in a large scrum around Fensterman and Ray when they briefly became embroiled in an argument after Ray presented his counterpart with a copy of the lawsuit complaint.

The state Health Department is investigating the incident, a spokesman said.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20804760,00.html

wait, so was she lucid when she slipped the bill into the stripper's g-string, or when she complained that she had been subjected to sexual perversion?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    wait, so was she lucid when she slipped the bill into the stripper's g-string, or when she complained that she had been subjected to sexual perversion?
    You should see the furious arguments on Gawker over this exact point.
    sputnik likes this.

The son and his lawyer were on TMZ and they were waaaay over the top. The lawyer was saying stuff like what if the old lady got AIDS from sticking her hands in the guy's pants? They are also playing up a racial angle.

The funny thing is, the guy's wife/girlfriend was present when it all happened. If it was so against the family's morals, why didn't she remove her from the situation?
    garysgirl1999 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

the son's a prick.
    twitchy2.0 and garysgirl1999 like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Faux outrage in order to make a quick buck.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^ Exactly.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Maybe he had a small willy. I'd sue if my stripper had a dinky winky.
    Brookie likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Hold the phone... The guy's wife was there too?

Dude is just pissed he didn't get a piece of that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

All I know is if I were "ashamed" and "felt terrible" over something, I sure as hell wouldn't hold on to the photographic evidence in my room for almost two years. Just sayin'........

First off, I think he and his mom have the same stank look on their faces.
    Secondly, I find it pretty cool that a nursing home would even bring strippers there.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Maybe he had a small willy. I'd sue if my stripper had a dinky winky.
    My thoughtful coworkers got me a stripper for my 33rd birthday (don't ask me why) - and the guy came to my desk at Ford, where I was employed at the time, dressed as a cop. He handcuffed me to my chair and proceeded to take lots of things off to the Beatles "Birthday" ditty. Yeah, dinky winky, and he was shorter than me (I'm 5'2"). Didn't look like the guy in these photos at all.

If this had happened to my mom at a nursing home, I'd laugh my ass off. Ma would have enjoyed the hell out of it.
    BelledeJour likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

My grandmother would be sued for sexual harassment after she kidnapped the stripper.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Thread Information