Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Police search for Leonardo DiCaprio's 'abducted' six-year-old niece

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Police search for Leonardo DiCaprio's 'abducted' six-year-old niece

Police search for Leonardo DiCaprio's 'abducted' six-year-old niece after her father who fled California with her is arrested in Texas on drug charges

Leonardo DiCaprio's niece has been kidnapped by a member of her family, police revealed after arresting her father on drug-related charges in Texas.

Normadie Farrar, six, who was last seen on Saturday, last week, has now been declared abducted as authorities try to establish where she is.

Her father Adam Farrar, who is DiCaprio's oldest sibling, is accused of concealing the missing child, according to Los Angeles Police Department.

Abducted: Normadie Farrar, left, is thought to have been abducted and concealed by her father Adam Farrar, right, who was arrested in Texas on drugs charges, according to Los Angeles Police Department

He was reportedly detained in Collin County Friday on 'two Class A Misdemeanors...for possession of a dangerous drug and theft', reports RadarOnline.

According to the website, both charges were outstanding warrants issued in Los Angeles. He was also reportedly charged with phone harassment.

If convicted, the 43-year-old faces a lengthy prison sentence, reports Radar.

Farrar's girlfriend Charity Moore, 38, was also arrested nearly a week before him on a slew of charges, including two counts of possession of a dangerous drug, theft and a misdemeanor involving a parent contributing to the child's failure to attend school, according to her Collin County Jail arrest record.

The couple are apparently both still being held at the correctional facility, a spokesperson for the sheriff's office told MailOnline.

\\

Role model: Leonardo DiCaprio, pictured here in 1997 with Farrar, was inspired to go into acting after seeing his step-brother build a career in film and TV

A source told Radar: 'Adam and Charity have been hiding with Normadie in Texas, away from the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Service, who have long been involved in their cases due to their criminal pasts.

'They had been staying in North Dallas. Now, no-one in the family is sure where their daughter is, at this time.'

Trouble with the law: Farrar's girlfriend Charity Moore was also arrested nearly a week before him on a number of charges

DiCaprio and Farrar used to be close and the pair were seen attending Los Angeles Lakers games together and hitting the Hollywood party scene Ė although in recent years itís thought their relationship has turned sour.

Sources told RadarOnline that Farrar and his Oscar nominee step-brother 'have had zero contact in recent years and do not get along.'

It is widely reported that DiCaprio was inspired to go into acting after he saw his step-brother carve a career for himself in commercials, movies and TV in the 1980s.

Farrar is best known for his roles in the science fiction series Battlestar Galactica and the ABC comedy-drama Eight is Enough.

However, as DiCaprio's career took off in the late 90s and Farrar's came to a standstill, things ended up rather differently for the brothers, who grew up together in LA after DiCaprio's mother, Peggy, married Farrar's father, cartoonist George DiCaprio, when he was just one.

Since 2010, Farrar has been in and out of courts on charges of harassment, possession of controlled substances, driving without a license and domestic violence.

In 2000, as DiCaprio was riding the success of his blockbuster Titanic, Farrar was arrested on charges that he attempted to kill his then-girlfriend and made terroristic threats.

At the time, Peggy DiCaprio said of her troubled stepson: 'Adam is one of the most nonviolent people I know,í according to New York Daily News.

Farrar was released within 48 hours of his March 2000 arrest, and the charges against him were eventually dropped.

People Magazine reported that two years earlier, the struggling actor landed in trouble with the law after allegedly assaulting a photographer who was pursuing his superstar sibling. Charges were never filed in that case.

Read more: Leonardo DiCaprio's brother arrested on drug charges in Texas | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Whoa....I hope the little girl is okay. Not a great sign that the Dad and girlfriend have both been arrested and no one knows where the little girl is located. Scary....

What is with Leonardo in that picture above? He looks scared out of his mind, like he could cry at any minute!

I thought that was the kid from eight is enough! He looks like he's on meth.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I wonder what Leo thinks? This is a step-brother and they say the two haven't been close for years. I wonder if Leo is close to his niece, or knows her at all?

I hope that little girl is ok, but it doesn't look good.

I doubt they hurt the girl. They ran away from LA so they wouldn't lose her. I just hope whoever is caring for her will come forward.

This confuses me. She married DiCaprio when Leo was one. So did DiCaprio then adopt Leo or did Leo take his last name? Why does Farrar have a different last name if DiCaprio is his father?? who grew up together in LA after DiCaprio's mother, Peggy, married Farrar's father, cartoonist George DiCaprio, when he was just one.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I doubt they hurt the girl. They ran away from LA so they wouldn't lose her. I just hope whoever is caring for her will come forward.

This confuses me. She married DiCaprio when Leo was one. So did DiCaprio then adopt Leo or did Leo take his last name? Why does Farrar have a different last name if DiCaprio is his father?? who grew up together in LA after DiCaprio's mother, Peggy, married Farrar's father, cartoonist George DiCaprio, when he was just one.
    I was confused by that as well, and that's because it's wrong. According to Adam Farrar's mini-bio in IMDB, George DiCaprio is Leo's father, and Peggy is Farrar's mother, and since the mini-bio was written by Farrar, I'm assuming it's more accurate
    sluce likes this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Yea,...I read up on that too, because how the article is written, it doesn't make sense.

Leo's Mom and Dad (George DiCapro) divorced when Leo was one, and then George met Adam's Mom, Peggy, and they got married. So the boys were raised together as step brothers when ever Leo was with his Dad. But in Leo's bio, it says he was raised primarily by his Mom and her parents. I have never heard Leo talk like he was very involved with his Dad while growing up,...he always talks about his Mom and Grandparents.
    sluce likes this.

Looking at those stats: A six year old is 85lbs?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

That's crazy. My almost 5-year-old is barely over 40 lbs and she's in the 50th percentile for weight.

That being said, I hope they find the little girl. I didn't even know Leo had siblings - half or bio.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I thought that was the kid from eight is enough! He looks like he's on meth.
    Who did he play on Eight is Enough? Adam Rich played the youngest kid. And Farrar's imdb doesn't list it as a credit.

Adam Farrar - IMDb

I agree he has serious scary methface. Hope they find that child safe.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I would think that weight has to be a typo. I know a set of triplets that are in 6th grade, and they are tiny and slim, and they are 64 pounds.

*mutters something inappropriate about how fat kids are harder to kidnap*

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Why do they have plush towels around Charity and Adam's necks for their mug shots??

mjw
    Elite Member

Worried family members and friends are searching for the six-year-old niece of Hollywood megastar Leonardo DiCaprio, whose whereabouts have been declared unknown, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

Normadie Farrar, the daughter of DiCaprio’s jailed step-brother Adam Farrar, was last seen on July 25, last year, according to law enforcement authorities in California.

She is the subject of “parental/family abduction,” according to the Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit of the California Department of Justice.

But as RadarOnline.com has reported, despite the declaration, the tiny tot has been covertly living in Dallas, Tex., at least until her dad and mom were arrested last week inseparate drug-related incidents.

Farrar, 43, was detained by police in Collin County on two Class A Misdemeanors last Friday for possession of a dangerous drug, theft and a further charge of harassment.

Normadie’s mother, 38-year-old Charity Moore, was arrested five days earlier and slugged with a slew of offenses, including three counts of possession of a controlled substance, two counts of possession of a dangerous drug, theft of property under $500 and a Class C Misdemeanor of a parent contributing to the child’s nonattendance at school.

One family friend told Radar: “Adam and Charity have been hiding with Normadie in Texas, desperately avoiding the Department of Justice.

“It’s now very worrying. With both of them locked up in jail, no-one in the DiCaprio family is sure where Normadie is, at this time. They didn’t even know that Adam and Charity had been arrested.”

Said another source: “Leo’s mom Peggy has been at war with Adam and Charity for sometime. She is worried about her granddaughter and her well-being.”

Late on Tuesday night, Moore’s father, Don, insisted to Radar that Normadie’s well-being was fine.

“This is all so bizarre. If it was anybody’s business what’s going on, we would tell it. I can tell you that Normadie’s safe and that’s all I’m going to tell you,” he said, in an exclusive interview.

“She’s a beautiful child and she’s not ‘missing.’ She was with her mother and where she is now is nobody’s business.”

Don Moore added that he had not talked to his daughter for months, but would not elaborate on her most recent run-in with the law.

He said: “The last time I talked to her, I just told her she needs to straighten up and do the right thing and that’s probably the reason she doesn’t call me.”

As Radar previously reported, Normadie’s dad Farrah, a former child actor, has been in various courts in recent years on charges of harassment, possession of a controlled substance, driving without a license and domestic violence.

Farrar, who appeared in TV series Galactica 1980, and his step-brother DiCaprio, 39, were once considered best friends and were often spotted attending Los Angeles Lakers basketball games together, as well as hitting the Hollywood party scene.

But they have “had zero contact in recent years and do not get along,” the result of what one source said was as a “very bitter family feud.”
    The Secret Pain Behind Leo‚€™s Award Season Glory: DiCaprio‚€™s 6-Year-Old Niece Is Declared ABDUCTED By Department of Justice | Radar Online

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information