Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Woman won't give Halloween candy to overweight kids

Default Woman won't give Halloween candy to overweight kids

Woman Handing Out Letters, Not Halloween Candy

Posted: Oct 29, 2013 5:52 PM MDT Updated: Oct 30, 2013 9:43 AM MDT

Link to video: Woman Handing Out Letters, Not Halloween Candy - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

A local woman stated her intentions to take childhood obesity into her own hands during a Y-94 radio interview the morning of Oct. 29.

She has decided to give a letter instead of candy to Halloween trick or treaters that she feels are "moderately obese."

"I just want to send a message to the parents of kids that are really overweight... I think it's just really irresponsible of parents to send them out looking for free candy just 'cause all the other kids are doing it," says the author in a Y-94 morning radio interview.

That's where the letter first surfaced and started to spread through social media.

"They were chatting today and got a call from Cheryl out of the blue who really wanted to voice her opinion about obesity and that it really takes an entire community to solve the obesity challenge," says Y-94 Program and Music Director JT.

"I'm contributing to their health problems and really, their kids are everybody's kids. It's a whole village," says the letter's author in the interview.

NDSU Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology Dr. Katie Gordon studies eating disorders and says that children and adolescents in particular are very conscious of fitting in with peers. She says the letter might hurt more than help.

"It's just that kind of thing that for some kids, if they're vulnerable, might trigger major problems,"she says.

Dr. Gordon leaves the matter of an individual child's weight to his or her parents and pediatrician. She says that one should be careful to judge by another's appearance and doesn't believe the letter will have the desired effect.

"That's not something that someone can judge- the health of someone- just by looking at them. I think that's the main thing. Even if a child is overweight, they might be very healthy because of what they eat and how they exercise," says Dr. Gordon. "It's ineffective anyway because it's not likely to help the kid," she says.

Guess this stupid bitch really likes her house being egged and tp'd.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Put your car in the garage tomorrow night honey. The eggs coming your way can wreak havoc on the paint job.
    Kittylady likes this.

Yep, those kids are gonna destroy her house.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yep. I foiled a plot two years ago with my younger son and his buddies. There is a house a block over from us where they give out little slips of paper with bible verses for Halloween. I overheard them planning to put eggs in our shed to rot and I busted them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yep. I foiled a plot two years ago with my younger son and his buddies. There is a house a block over from us where they give out little slips of paper with bible verses for Halloween. I overheard them planning to put eggs in our shed to rot and I busted them.
    Killjoy!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Give out raisin boxes you moron, there's no reason to push your agenda on Halloween.

I'm planning on doing the same, but for the little skanks slutting it up in slutty costumes trying to turn our precious snowflake boys into raging perverts... Once they see a little slut wearing barley anything costume, they wont be able to un-see it!

This bitch is an asshole, I'm sure they know how they look without having this loudmouthed know-it-all telling them and ruining their holiday.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Hit By Ban Bus!

Its funny that she's all het up about about the fat kids but has no problem with the general concept of kids gathering bags of sugary processed candy and junk to shove down their gullet.

I don't have a problem with fat kids trick or treating. Mine's with the teenagers that have beards to go out trick or treating. They get those nasty peanut butter candies in the orange and black wrapper!
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I don't have a problem with fat kids trick or treating. Mine's with the teenagers that have beards to go out trick or treating. They get those nasty peanut butter candies in the orange and black wrapper!
    Ugh, I HATED those things.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    So at least shave off your beard and pretend to be younger than 19.
    Laurent and pinkbunnyslippers like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I know. My brother and I used to feed them to the dog!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Where's the picture of this bitch in perfect health and at her perfect weight???
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Oh God, my parents would buy those disgusting, unholy things (I guess they were cheap) and I never tasted anything quite so horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Killjoy!

Not really. And besides, it was only like 3-4 days until Halloween. The eggs wouldn't have rotted properly anyway and don't ask me how I know that.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information