Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Parent Files Bullying Complaint Over Football Game...

Default Parent Files Bullying Complaint Over Football Game...

I wanted to title the thread "The Further Pussification of the United States"... and then I couldn't decide if I should put it in parenting... Anyhow, this shit is just ridiculous. Your kid lost and now, you're making his humiliation worse!
    PARKER COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – There was little chance of defeat, when Aledo’s undefeated Bearcats faced Fort Worth’s Western Hills on the football fieldFriday.
    The final score, 91 to 0, though, led one parent to file an official complaint of bullying against the entire coaching staff.
    Aledo ISD administrators say the complaint suggests the coaches should have told players to take it easy on the competition. “I would never ask our kids not to play hard,” said Aledo football coach Tim Buchanan. “I would never tell them, ‘Go out and let them score’. That’s not what you want to teach kids.”
    Buchanan said by halftime, when his team was up 56 points, he began actively trying to keep the score down, subbing in backup players, letting the clock run continuously, and instructing players to make fair catch calls.

“You don’t want to embarrass… I’ve been on the other side of those scores. In 2011, Lake Travis scored 62 points on us. That doesn’t feel good. It doesn’t make the kids feel good,” said Buchanan.
    As for the bullying allegations, Aledo Superintendent Derek Citty said the district is following the same procedure it does with all bullying complaints. “We have to do an investigation and make sure there’s no legitimacy to it.”
    The superintendent said, however, he’s confident his coaches acted appropriately… something the football staff has asserted all along. “There was nothing unfair about it [the score] other than the fact that our players were better than their players,” Buchanan said.
    CBS 11 calls made to the Western Hills coaching staff were not returned.
    Aledo ISD administrators are hopeful the University Interscholastic League (UIL) will place them in a different district next year, matching them against tougher competition.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I couldn't believe this either. Clearly they were mismatched,but what was the other team supposed to do? Tap dance for the next 30 minutes? Stop and let the weak team play themselves? I don't get it.
    greysfang and southernbelle like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It's never too early for a little life lesson. Well kids, life sucks and you all suck at football. Hey, let's go get some ice cream!
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ooh, ice cream! *waddles off field*
    A*O, MmeVertigina and Trixie like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

We've got a new mom on our team this year who is like that. Ugh. She gets all upset when we're on the sidelines yelling "pick up your blocks.". I mean, really?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Ridiculous! Just another life lesson that kids have to learn at some point, even though it sounds like one kid's mommy didn't learn it.

I would have died of humiliation had that been my mommy.

I laughed out loud when I read this in the news today. The way people throw around the term "bullying" these days is ridiculous. The mother is a lunatic, and based on this, I'm pretty sure she's raising her son to be a massively entitled, socially crippled asshole.
    badgers!, BoogsBun, stef and 2 others like this.

A*O

Think on SB.... Think on...... Luckily neither of my kids were even slightly interested in sport (a crime in Australia) so I avoided Soccer Mom Syndrome.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

My Dad's side of the family is super competitive, and that's very evident in me too. We play to win, and if we don't win, we sulk, we make up excuses, and are generally terrible losers. But we're all used to it, we all do it, and we accept losing as part of the game. If you are mismatched when it comes to a sport, suck it up, play your best, learn how to lose and possibly learn a little from your superior competitors. You can't win them all, and thank god, otherwise there would be even more entitled, arrogant pricks in the world.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

oh, I do NOT lose well either. but, I was taught that IF you lose, you go back, fight harder and win next time. the whole world (and especially America) is so damn litigious any more. THIS is why most sports don't even bother keeping score anymore - because the delicate little snowflakes and their douchenozzle parents canNOT take it...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Why wasn't the game ended under a "mercy" rule? And the mom is a major douche nozzle.

For one thing they didn't have a mercy rule. And stop blaming Moms! This was a whiny Dad. He has since retracked but since he filed with the state they are not allowed to drop it. Stupid all the way around.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    For one thing they didn't have a mercy rule. And stop blaming Moms! This was a whiny Dad. He has since retracked but since he filed with the state they are not allowed to drop it. Stupid all the way around.
    Moms generally, imo, get the blame because they're all, "Og my precious snowflake". Men are more, "Well you got your ass handed to you. Better luck next time."

And to not have a mercy rule is ridiculous. I'd rather be mercy'ed out than humiliated by a score like that.

I'm of the thought that you should take the ass whooping you get.. if it's 90 to 0, then that's what you get. I don't think it's ridiculous, I think it's accurate. I've been to fucking tee ball games where they'll turn the scoreboard off if it gets embarassing but these kids are in high school, they need to learn that sometimes you fucking LOSE... BADLY
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm of the thought that you should take the ass whooping you get.. if it's 90 to 0, then that's what you get. I don't think it's ridiculous, I think it's accurate. I've been to fucking tee ball games where they'll turn the scoreboard off if it gets embarassing but these kids are in high school, they need to learn that sometimes you fucking LOSE... BADLY
    I can see your point. I, too, firmly believe in learning to lose- it's like it's a lost art now. Everyone is a winner.

I grew up playing softball and basketball. There were a few times where we mercy'ed or were mercy'ed and I was annoyed by it. I still wanted to PLAY. But I was taught how to handle defeat and victory graciously. I think that's something we're missing today as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information