• 7 Post By sluce
  • 1 Post By Quazar
  • 1 Post By HWBL
  • 3 Post By SillyME54
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By Trixie
  • 2 Post By KrisNine

Thread: 16-Year-Old Malala Yousafzai Leaves Jon Stewart Speechless W/Comment About Pacifism

Default 16-Year-Old Malala Yousafzai Leaves Jon Stewart Speechless W/Comment About Pacifism

16-Year-Old Malala Yousafzai Leaves Jon Stewart Speechless With Comment About Pacifism

Read more: Malala Yousafzai Left Jon Stewart Speechless - Business Insider

Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old Pakistani advocate for womens rights and access to education, appeared on the Daily Show last night, ahead of Friday's pending announcement for the 2013 recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Her answer to one of Jon Stewart's questions left him speechless.

An outspoken critic of the Taliban's tactics in her native Swat Valley from a young age, Malala was the subject of an attempted assassination at the hands of a Taliban gunman because she was unafraid to speak out.

Then, at just 14 years old, a Talib fighter boarded her bus, pointed a pistol at her head, and pulled the trigger. But she survived, made a full recovery in England, and has become and transformative figure in human rights.

Now, she is poised to become the youngest Nobel Peace laureate ever.

In the key moment of the interview, Stewart asked her how she reacted when she learned that the Taliban wanted her dead. Her answer was absolutely remarkable:

I started thinking about that, and I used to think that the Talib would come, and he would just kill me. But then I said, 'If he comes, what would you do Malala?' then I would reply to myself, 'Malala, just take a shoe and hit him.' But then I said, 'If you hit a Talib with your shoe, then there would be no difference between you and the Talib. You must not treat others with cruelty and that much harshly, you must fight others but through peace and through dialogue and through education.' Then I said I will tell him how important education is and that 'I even want education for your children as well.' And I will tell him, 'That's what I want to tell you, now do what you want.'

Read more: Malala Yousafzai Left Jon Stewart Speechless - Business Insider
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

She made me laugh when she said she'd hit the Taliban with her shoe, then made me cry when she said she would not. What a noble and dignified spirit she is.

Now this is the kind of role model our young people should look up to. Hell - I'm 50 and I look up to this young woman.
    SillyME54 likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

Maybe she's Ghandi reincarnated.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

What an amazing young woman. I wish more young girls would aspire to be like her instead of trash like Miley Cyrus. Sadly, most girls these days probably don't even know who she is.
    ribbit, Clubber Lang and Quazar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    Sadly, most girls these days probably don't even know who she is.
    and the real question is- whose fault is that?
    Laurent likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Obama's!!! And somehow his fake birth certificate has something to do with hit.

This reply has been sponsored by the Sioux Falls, SD Tea Party.
    HWBL likes this.

I blame Canada.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    and the real question is- whose fault is that?
    You know what's kind of funny, when I was growing up we watched the local evening news every night, followed by the "world" news. My mother read the paper every day and my grandfather read two papers every day. We would always talk about current events, usually at dinner. Do families do that anymore?

I taught my daughter the name of the president, vice president and secretary of state. When we were at a bbq, one of the girls laughed and said she didn't even know that. She's 15 or 16.
    Kittylady and witchcurlgirl like this.

Thread Information