Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Real-life Sons of Anarchy plays out in NY streets

Default Real-life Sons of Anarchy plays out in NY streets

I'm thinking this video is going to get deleted soon. A guy apparently clips some biker's back wheel when he gets cut off. When he steps out to investigate, the bikers start beating up his Range Rover, with his wife and child inside it. He jumps in and takes off, various knocked over biker moments occur followed by them (one of them with the helmet cam giving you POV), catching him and crashing in his window. Apparently, they thrashed the driver pretty badly, but he's alive. Link to news story on Huffington Post: Motorcyclists Assault SUV Driver In NYC After Fender Bender, High-Speed Chase (VIDEO)

That's Punks of Anarchy. Real bikers don't ride those. Assholes.
    Kittylady and dilligaf like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I've heard about this one... one of the bikers is in a medically induced coma because this man had to run over some of them to get his family away from them! fucking assholes!
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Gold Member

Not for nothing but I've seen these assholes ride their bikes on the West Side Highway, the BQE, the Gowanus, etc. and they have NO respect whatsoever for other drivers. They cut off people, veer in and out of traffic, take up multiple lanes on the road, and cause accidents. Makes me want to run some of their asses over as well. How terrifying that must of been for the family.
    Last edited by deenz; October 3rd, 2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Shinola likes this.

Well, I will say that these assholes make it bad for the majority (decent and respectful) bikers. Usually, the assholes are in the vehicles that refuse to acknowledge that motorcycles are vehicles too.
    Kittylady and Bluebonnet like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Jalopnik (affiliated with Gawker), has multiple videos by the same guy who posted the posted the first vid. And they took place over a couple of days before this one. What is clear is that the bikers were behaving obnoxiously and dangerously (some riders actually driving into oncoming traffic) prior to the incident. The biker, knowing how bad it looked, deleted his other vids, but a Jalopnik user saved them.

I'm all for sharing the road with bikers, but these guys were just flat-out punk jerks.
    deenz likes this.

I would have run their asses over, too. I've almost clipped a biker because of the dangerous lane splitting they do here in California. Well, not almost but really fucking close. This guy pulled over and these assholes started that shit. Now, the one guys family is claiming he was trying to help the guy in the SUV. Bull fucking shit. Look at these guys. They were looking for trouble. They interviewed a witness on tv last night and he said once the bikers smashed the back window, where the guys two year old was strapped in a car seat, the driver jumped in and rolled over them. I don't blame him.

This story is fascinating to me because of the attitude shifts in the last few days. There were many who wanted the SUV driver arrested for attempted murder and more, saying he hit the biker and started all of this. Then the police admitted they had received more than 200 complaints about these bikers, the man in the SUV began to tell his story, and attitudes shifted.
    whitetigeress and Shinola like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

tuns out the main one hasn't had a valid license since 1999, has loads of violations. and today the local news has statements form some other witnesses that said the bike guys were going after the wife in the car as well.

apparently, these guys were trying to close the road so they could do bike stunts. footage has been coming into the ny news staions of groups of guys on bikes riding on sidewalks. it's pretty wild.
    sluce likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

And it doesn't look like a simple accident started it. The biker stares at the SUV driver as he passes him, intentionally pulls in front of him, looks back at him and slows down. He causes the SUV to hit him. What for? Was he just trying to intimidate other vehicles off the highway? Or maybe something occurs before the video.

i hate bikes, i don't care if they're law abiding or not, it's the noise i can't stand. they're louder than cars and even trucks.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    tuns out the main one hasn't had a valid license since 1999, has loads of violations. and today the local news has statements form some other witnesses that said the bike guys were going after the wife in the car as well.

apparently, these guys were trying to close the road so they could do bike stunts. footage has been coming into the ny news staions of groups of guys on bikes riding on sidewalks. it's pretty wild.
    I saw that footage on the news. So crazy with them popping wheelies even in the wrong lane of traffic. Now that fucking cunt Gloria Allred is representing the biker!!

Bikers Rally at Manhattan Hospital After SUV Dispute | NBC New York

Bikers Rally at Manhattan Hospital After SUV Dispute
    By Shimon Prokupecz, Checkey Beckford and AP
    Thursday, Oct 3, 2013 | Updated 8:38 AM EDT

About 100 bikers rallied near a Manhattan hospital Wednesday where a man was hospitalized after he was run over by an SUV on the West Side Highway, setting off a chase and the driver's beating.

Police barricades went up near the hospital as authorities braced for the organized ride. Edwin Mieses Jr. is recovering after suffering broken legs and spinal injuries after he and a group of fellow riders swarmed the Range Rover on the West Side Highway, his family has said.

The Mieses family hired celebrity attorney Gloria Allred to represent him in a potential case against Alexian Lien, the driver who hit him.

On Thursday, Lien's family released a statement through their attorney that offered sympathies to the injured motorcyclist but said Lien was in a "life-threatening" situation and had to take action as he did in order to protect his wife and 2-year-old daughter, who were also in the car at the time.

"We know in our hearts that we could not have done anything differently, and we believe that anyone faced with this sort of grave danger would have taken the same course of action in order to protect their family," the Lien family said.

The bikers that traveled to St. Luke's Hospital to rally for the injured cyclist Wednesday would not say whether they were part of the group that traveled on the highway, but defended themselves against the perception that motoryclists were menacing.

"We're not savages, we're not animals," said one rider. "We're just average people that love to ride."

Another motorcylist said "no one is getting justice for this gentleman in the hospital."

Detectives on Wednesday searched the Long Island home of the biker they believe recorded a video of the chase and beating that has since gone viral. Equipment recovered at the home is now being analyzed, law enforcement officials said.

Two bikers had been arrested since the ride on Sunday, but one has been released.

Allen Edwards, 42, of Queens — believed to be the man seen on video striking the Range Rover's rear driver's side window with his fists, surrendered to police on Tuesday. But the Manhattan DA declined to prosecute, "pending further investigation of the entire incident," the office said Wednesday.

Sources said he has been cooperative and there is no indication he participated in the assault of Lien. He may have even tried to come to the victim's aid, sources said.

The other arrested biker, Christopher Cruz, of Passaic, N.J., was charged with second-degree unlawful imprisonment and reckless driving. Cruz, who was uninjured, was arraigned Wednesday. Prosecutors say he deliberately slowed down in front of the Range Rover on the West Side Highway, trapping him there, but Cruz's lawyer said that was not true.

Meanwhile, the wife of the hospitalized biker said her husband is the real victim in the altercation.

"There's no hope for his back," Dayana Mieses told reporters. "They crushed his spine. They broke it in two different places, so he will be forever, forever paralyzed."

The dispute set off when the group, in town for an unauthorized motorcycle rally, slowed down in front of the Range Rover.

The video then shows a large group of bikers clustering around the Range Rover heading north. One of the bikers then moves into the SUV's lane and rides briefly alongside it, peering in through the driver's side window. It's unclear from the video what the driver might have done to anger the motorcyclist.

The biker then cuts in front of the Range Rover and, still staring at the driver, suddenly slows down. It isn't captured on the video, but the motorcycle and SUV bumped, police said.

The motorcyclists, 20 to 30 in all, then stop on the highway, blocking the SUV's path. Some dismount and approach the vehicle. Police said some of the bikers then began damaging the Range Rover.

The video shows the SUV suddenly accelerating, bouncing over at least one of the motorcycles and its rider as others scramble to get out of the way. The cyclists give chase, pursuing the driver for a few miles.

The chase ended when the SUV exited the highway and got stuck in traffic. The video shows one biker using his helmet to smash the driver's window. Police said the group then pulled the man from the SUV and beat him, although that part isn't shown on the recording posted online.

The SUV's driver was taken to a hospital where he needed stitches for his face. His wife and 2-year-old were not injured. He has not been charged. But Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said they were still investigating.

"Well, it depends on what the circumstances are," Kelly said. "It depends on whether or not your vehicle is being attacked, whether or not you think you're being attacked, whether or not your wife and child's in the car. You have to look at the totality of the circumstances, and that's what we're doing."

The bikers were in town for an event called Hollywood Stuntz, where motorcyclists drive around Manhattan doing tricks. The NYPD received more than 200 complaints over the weekend relating to the event, the department said.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    And it doesn't look like a simple accident started it. The biker stares at the SUV driver as he passes him, intentionally pulls in front of him, looks back at him and slows down. He causes the SUV to hit him. What for? Was he just trying to intimidate other vehicles off the highway? Or maybe something occurs before the video.
    I was trying to figure out if maybe the driver had honked to warn them that they were swerving into his lane or something and the guy on the bike got pissed at that and maybe slowed down in front of him to threaten him...?

On the news tonight a woman had recorded a video with her phone of a separate incident where a group of riders shut down traffic on the Van Wyck.

Did anyone call 911 while this was happening?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information