• 1 Post By BoogsBun
  • 1 Post By Quazar
  • 1 Post By ConstanceSpry

Thread: Officer cleared after shooting kittens

Default Officer cleared after shooting kittens

Officer cleared after shooting litter of kittens in front of kids

By David Edwards
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 9:20 EDT

A police department in Ohio on Tuesday defended a humane officer who shot and killed a litter of feral kittens and told nearby children that the animals would be going to “kitty heaven.”

An executive with the Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals told the Sun News that Humane Officer Barry Accorti had responded to a complaint from a Vista Lake Way homeowner on Monday about a litter of kittens living in her woodpile.

“He informed her that shelters were full and that these cats would be going to kitty heaven,” Ohio SPCA Executive Director Teresa Landon explained to the paper. “She assumed he would be trapping them or something and taking them to a shelter and they would be humanely euthanized if they were not adopted.”

“Instead, he went to his truck and got a gun, which she thought was a tranquilizer gun, and walked around to the back of the house and approximately 15 feet from her back door shot and killed the 8- to 10-week-old kittens.”

Landon said the officer began shooting the animals in front of the homeowner and within in range of her young children.

“Her children were upstairs in view of the windows. They started screaming and crying because they heard the gunshots. They started screaming, ‘Mommy, he’s killing the kittens,’” Landon noted. “It’s heartbreaking… There is no excuse for it. It’s absolutely shameful that someone with the title of humane officer would do this.”

The SPCA called for Accorti to be fired, but North Ridgeville Police Department Chief Mike Freeman released a statement defending his actions.

“The cats were located within the wood pile and euthanized,” Freeman wrote. “The cats were removed from the wood pile and taken from the residence.”

The police chief added:

The complainant urged better communication in the future. NRPD recognizes the concerns of those who believe feral cats should not be killed for simply trying to survive but also acknowledges other research that recognizes the risks associated with these animals and the need to manage feral cats. Research and other animal organizations accept shooting as an acceptable means of euthanasia.

After visiting the scene, talking with the responding officer and re-interviewing the complainant, I have decided his actions were appropriate and have decided not to impose any disciplinary measures for the incident. We will talk with the humane officers about improving their communications with the public. We are here to help those who seek our assistance. Our agency prides itself on not telling people, “It’s not our problem or there is nothing we can do for you.” This would be the easy way out. To walk away and leave a safety issue unresolved is irresponsible. At no time does this agency condone or allow the indiscriminate killing of animals, but we will continue to assist residents when there is a safety or nuisance condition.

The North Ridgeville Police Department said it was forced to take down its Facebook page for hours on Monday due to “overwhelming abuse.”

“We are firm believers in everyone having their right to express their opinions about what we do, even dissenting, but they must maintain a level of common decency,” the department wrote on its page on Tuesday. “We created this post to give you a place to speak out for or against what is being reported. Please be respectful of others and use the manners that you were all raised with. Thank you.”

By Wednesday morning, that the department’s Facebook page was still up, but that post had been deleted.

Officer cleared after shooting litter of kittens in front of kids | The Raw Story

Watch this video from WKYC, broadcast June 11, 2013.
    - See more at: Officer cleared after shooting litter of kittens in front of kids | The Raw Story
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

This is someone that should be trusted with a gun and the safety of the public??? Yeah, ok.

What an ass.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I hope that he is ever afflicted with mouth ulcers and coldsores and that his dick drips with a burning puss for the rest of his life and not even the scabbiest crackwhore would be desperate enough to suck him off in return for a fix.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

What kind of sick fuck do you have to be to shoot kittens? I would really like to have him investigated down to his last dna strand. I would be forever side eyeing this creature.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

Oh my god. I'm horrified by this. Those kids will be traumatized forever - a guy they're supposed to trust to take care of things kills what he's supposed to take care of. I guess I'm thankful he's not a paramedic.

link to their Facebook page. I gave 'em my two cents worth.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I hope his asshole grows shut!!

Humane Officer my fat ass. He needs to be taken behind the woodshed and shot in the fucking face.
    Honey and ConstanceSpry like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

If only it were legal to shoot feral humans........
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

What I'm getting out of this story is - that's it's not just this guy. This department is rotten all the way to the top. Which means the head of the department needs to be disicplined or fired, not just the "humane officer".

sickening and heartbreaking.

I couldn't read the whole article right now because I have a meeting and I don't want to go into it a sobbing mess. The title and the comments are enough. Anyone who could shoot one of the most innocent and defenseless creatures on this Earth should have their cold dark heart ripped from their body and shoved down their throat. And then people can be told that he went to human Hell.

RIP kittens.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

What the actual fuck?!
    We will talk with the humane officers about improving their communications with the public.
    Research and other animal organizations accept shooting as an acceptable means of euthanasia.
    I can pretty much bet that if this asshole told this woman, "Hey, I can get them out of your woodpile, but the only idea my ignorant ass has is to blow their fucking heads off. Ya better go hide 'yo kids." I am thinking she would have told him to politely go fuck himself.
    If he maybe gave her an option to either, let him complete his journey to the dark side and kill those babies, or let her figure something else out, I bet ya this wouldn't of happened.
    Feral cats/kittens are a pain in the ass. I get that. There is a thing called a live trap that could have been set up. Kittens could have been caught and either taken to the Humane Society to get HUMANELY Euthanized, or put a fucking ad on Craiglist for them! Something!
    I'm thinking if this woman went so far as to file a complaint, I am SURE if she knew what was going through this dipshits head, she would have told him to GTFO.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

This demented fuckhead needs to be euthanized, along with the pondscum who let their cats run wild and procreate because they don't give enough of a shit to spay/neuter.
    faithanne likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

They're deleting all of the comments off of the fb page as soon as they're added.

Follow Brookie's link and leave a message. I did and it's gone. I'm going back again and again.

Thread Information