Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sputnik

Thread: Boy, 4, dies after mirror falls on his head at Hugo Boss store

Default Boy, 4, dies after mirror falls on his head at Hugo Boss store

Boy, 4, dies after mirror falls on his head at Hugo Boss store in Bicester Village shopping centre

• Boy was injured on Tuesday night and died at John Radcliffe Hospital today
    • Police appeal for witnesses from the shopping outlet to come forward

A four-year-old boy has died after a shop-fitting fell on his head at the Bicester Village fashion outlet in Oxfordshire.

The boy was injured in the Hugo Boss store at the shopping centre on Tuesday evening and taken to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
    He died in the early hours of this morning following four days of hospital treatment.

The boy was hit by a falling shop fitting at the Hugo Boss store at Bicester Village, seen left (file photo)

Police are appealing to shoppers who may have seen the incident at the Huge Boss store

The boy's family were shopping when the tragedy occurred at 8.40pm on Tuesday night.
    An off-duty doctor treated him until emergency services arrived at the store.
    Police said the boy will not be named until his relatives have been told of his death.

More...

Thames Valley Police has issued an appeal for witnesses to come forward to help the investigation into the death.
    Investigating officer Det Insp Steve Duffy said: 'Our thoughts are with the family at this time.
    'We are currently investigating the circumstances of this boy's death and we would ask anyone who was in the Hugo Boss store at around that time on Tuesday to please contact us as a matter of urgency.'
    A shop fitting fell on the child's head at Bicester Village shopping outlet. He later died in hospital (file photo)

It is understood that detectives and officials from the Health and Safety Executive were looking at the fallen mirror and examining similar fittings in the Hugo Boss store.
    A post-mortem examination is to be carried out this week and an inquest will be opened.
    A Hugo Boss spokesman said: 'Everyone at Hugo Boss is devastated by this tragic accident and we would like to extend our deepest condolences and sympathies to his family. All of our thoughts are with them at this time.'
    He added that the store was assisting the authorities in their investigation.

A notice on the store's website said: 'Please note that the Hugo Boss boutique is temporarily closed. We are sorry for any inconvenience.'

Read more: Boy, 4, dies after mirror falls on his head at Hugo Boss store in Bicester Village shopping centre | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

That's terrible. What a shame.

How horrible , I feel so badly for his mother and family.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

i bet they're gonna sue the shop and i bet the story is the kid was being a little shit and the parents weren't doing anything about it.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That could be it or the mirrors were installed in a shit/have to get it done now manner. An airport sign fell on a family a while back.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I heard about a shop mirror falling because the glue holding it melted under the mirror lights. The chick who told me was more worried about 7 years bad luck.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    That could be it or the mirrors were installed in a shit/have to get it done now manner. An airport sign fell on a family a while back.
    I was just thinking the same thing. Didn't some of the family members die?

So tragic! Poor little guy! Dunno, Bicester gets so hectic, I was there once and got some great deals but it was so busy in some shops I just had to get out. I can't imagine how hard it would be shopping with a kid.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Thread Information