Like Tree22Likes
  • 5 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 3 Post By sputnik
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 7 Post By Chilly Willy
  • 3 Post By Kathie_Moffett
  • 1 Post By Geest

Thread: 'Black people are like animals': Racist Facebook rants get 911 operator fired

Silver Member

Default 'Black people are like animals': Racist Facebook rants get 911 operator fired

Racist Facebook rants gets 911 operator April Sims fired | Mail Online

'Black people are like animals': Racist Facebook rants gets 911 operator fired

By Rachel Quigley
    PUBLISHED: 09:37 EST, 6 June 2013 | UPDATED: 12:50 EST, 6 June 2013
    3,482 shares
    View
    comments

A 911 operator has been fired for allegedly posting numerous racist remarks on her Facebook page.
    April Sims, from Dallas, Texas, compares black people to 'animals', says they have 'sh** for brains' and blames them for wasting time calling 911.
    The posts on her page were not available but one of her Facebook friends sent them to a local news station.
    One read: 'Black people are outrageous! They are more like animals, they never know how to act, just loud [expletive] Always causing problems.'
    'I can count on one hand the black people I know who don't have [expletive] for brains. I can count on one hand the black people I know who aren't selfish.'
    SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

Racist: April Sims, from Dallas, Texas, compares black people to 'animals', says they have 'sh** for brains' and blames them for wasting time calling 911

Remarks: The posts on her page were not available but one of her Facebook friends sent them to a local news station

Unacceptable: The Dallas Police Department announced last night that Sims had been terminated for violating the departmentŅs social media policy

Another said: 'You want to call 911 cause your boyfriend put his hands on you and you want to press charges when you don't even know his real name?!
    'Sure let's make a police report for Dino, that is his street name.'
    The Dallas Police Department announced last night that Sims had been terminated for violating the departmentís social media policy.

More...

The policy prohibits employees from posting items or information that may adversely affect the morale, confidence, and public respect of the department.
    She was hired by the department in December.

No remorse: Sims is said to have contacted a News8 reporter last night to say that nothing on her page has been deleted and she stands by ever word

Dallas City Councilman Dwaine Caraway told WFAA that the incident 'embarrasses not just the department, it embarrasses the city'

Dallas City Councilman Dwaine Caraway told WFAA that the incident 'embarrasses not just the department, it embarrasses the city.

'Number one, I am shocked and it saddens me to know that this is going on and still taking place in today's time, especially here in 911.'
    Sims is said to have contacted a News8 reporter last night to say that nothing on her page has been deleted.
    On her Facebook postings, someone asks her if her page was hacked. She responds by saying she stands by every word.
    Also on her page, in response to someone who challenged the remarks, she hinted at some of the difficulties facing 911 operators and callers.

'You should be more worried about the fact that there is often no Spanish speaker on duty. We have to call a 3rd party language line therefore causing those citizens to wait over a minute for emergency assistance.

'All because the city doesnít want to pay employees more speak Spanish. Thatís what you should be worried about.'

Her page still states that she works as a '911 CALLTAKER at Dallas Police Department'.

Video | News | Weather | Sports Wed Jun 05 15:42:00 PDT 2013
    Dallas 911 operator fired for racist Facebook posts

A News 8 source showed us recent derogatory comments about African Americans and Hispanics on former 911 operator April Simsí Facebook page. The posts have since been deleted. view full article

This shirt and tie combo is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen!

Dallas City Councilman Dwaine Caraway told WFAA that the incident 'embarrasses not just the department, it embarrasses the city'

Racist cunt.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

racist cunt but you know what? at least she's standing by what she said and not pretending that it was taken out of context or that she didn't mean it or that she's sorry she offended anyone. not that it makes her any less execrable but at least she's not a hypocrite and admits to it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    racist cunt but you know what? at least she's standing by what she said and not pretending that it was taken out of context or that she didn't mean it or that she's sorry she offended anyone. not that it makes her any less execrable but at least she's not a hypocrite and admits to it.
    I thought that she would go with the "someone hacked my account" defense. But she must have quite a track record at this point.

And that councilman makes Willy Wonka look like a funeral director.

I say let's get her DNA tested!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

How come they didn't show the people that liked her comments?

She looks about 14.

And if she's still working as a 911 call taker, then she wasn't fired, just demoted.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I wonder how much hate mail she is getting on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/TheAprilSims#!/april.sims.98
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

^She evidently deleted her FB. Personally, I prefer open racist like her rather than the one that smile in people's faces.
    "Boredom's not a burden
    Anyone should bear."
    -Tool "Stinkfist"

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I say let's get her DNA tested!
    Best idea ever

NOT!! a defense of her inexcusable statements, but people in those kinds of jobs can get terribly jaded and lose their perspective completely--often with disastrous results like this. Literally, they spend all day every work day never talking to anyone but dysfunctional idiots and criminals. If they work in neighborhoods/cities concentrated with one ethnicity or another the disgust becomes focused. You begin to think everyone, or at least everyone of that race/culture etc., is like that. It's not healthy and I hope employers are at least beginning to evolve counseling strategies to deal with the issue.

Anyway, that's why I'm not surprised it was a 911 dispatcher. I've heard African American cops say shit like this and they MEAN it, incomprehensible as that may seem! A corrections officer once told me, because I asked lol, "okay, here's why I haven't been divorced six times and I'm not crazy--because I spent my whole career, every off-hour I had, mixing with people who are NOT in this profession and NOT like the guys in here (the prison.) I have friends who are artists, bricklayers, teachers, shop clerks, friends who are black, white, whatever. My wife isn't from the whole law enforcement world--she's a realtor. It's a healthier way to do this job."

Very true and it's why I try to break down the fucking "blue wall" every chance I get.

I hope this dispatcher is able to rethink her opinions and become a saner and wiser person in the future.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Best idea ever

NOT!! a defense of her inexcusable statements, but people in those kinds of jobs can get terribly jaded and lose their perspective completely--often with disastrous results like this. Literally, they spend all day every work day never talking to anyone but dysfunctional idiots and criminals. If they work in neighborhoods/cities concentrated with one ethnicity or another the disgust becomes focused. You begin to think everyone, or at least everyone of that race/culture etc., is like that. It's not healthy and I hope employers are at least beginning to evolve counseling strategies to deal with the issue.

Anyway, that's why I'm not surprised it was a 911 dispatcher. I've heard African American cops say shit like this and they MEAN it, incomprehensible as that may seem! A corrections officer once told me, because I asked lol, "okay, here's why I haven't been divorced six times and I'm not crazy--because I spent my whole career, every off-hour I had, mixing with people who are NOT in this profession and NOT like the guys in here (the prison.) I have friends who are artists, bricklayers, teachers, shop clerks, friends who are black, white, whatever. My wife isn't from the whole law enforcement world--she's a realtor. It's a healthier way to do this job."

Very true and it's why I try to break down the fucking "blue wall" every chance I get.

I hope this dispatcher is able to rethink her opinions and become a saner and wiser person in the future.

This was a really interesting read, thank you. Makes sense.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Thread Information