Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Teen faces federal charges for bad science project

Default Teen faces federal charges for bad science project

WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, 2013 03:46 PM MDTTeenager charged for science project gone awry

No one was hurt, nothing was damaged, but 16-year-old faces federal charges for "science project gone bad"

BY STEVEN HSIEH

(Credit: WTSP-TV via Alternet)

This article originally appeared on AlterNet.

A Florida teen with an exemplary record is facing federal charges after conducting what a classmate calls “a science project gone bad.”

Sixteen-year-old Kiera Wilmot is accused of mixing housing chemicals in a small water bottle at Bartow High School, causing the cap to fly off and produce a bit of smoke. The experiment was conducted outdoors, no property was damaged, and no one was injured.

Not long after Wilmot’s experiment, authorities arrested her and charged her with “possession/discharge of a weapon on school property and discharging a destructive device,” according to WTSP-TV. The school district proceeded to expel Wilmot for handling the “dangerous weapon,” also known as a water bottle. She will have to complete her high school education through an expulsion program.

Friends and staffers, including the school principal, came to Wilmot’s defense, telling media that authorities arrested an upstanding student who meant no harm.
    “She is a good kid,” principal Ron Richard told WTSP-TV. “She has never been in trouble before. Ever.”

“She just wanted to see what happened to those chemicals in the bottle,” a classmate added. “Now, look what happened.”

Polk County Schools stands by its decision to expel Wilmot, asserting in a statement, “there are consequences to actions,” and calling Wilmot’s experiment a “serious breach of conduct.”

Teenager charged for science project gone awry - Salon.com

Can people get any fucking dumber?

FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This just can not be happening. The world has gone mad.
    00Kimmi00 likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Lilo runs free while this exemplary student faces felony charge. This world sucks.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I'm sure a simple conversation with the student explaining why she shouldn't have conducted her experiment on school property would be much more effective than federal charges. Hoping her future doesn't get ruined by this crap.
    00Kimmi00 likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

This is a crock of shit. How did "the authorities" even find out about this?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

We used to do shit like that IN our science classes - you know, like an ASSIGNMENT.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Let's lock up smart kids...
    Last edited by *DIVA!; May 2nd, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

^^ Seriously. On my tinfoil hat days, I wonder if that's the plan.

That picture of her cracked me up. That has to be the most innocent looking 16-year old I have ever seen.
    sprynkles likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Why did they give the address of a 16 year old girl in their article? WTF!?!?!??!?!?

Anyway, my son's teacher has conducted crazier experiments in his 2nd grade classroom.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

just ridiculous.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

how on earth can a science experiment be classified as a "weapon" or a "destructive device"? this has got to be a joke, right?
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

How did this even become common knowledge? Did someone's mommy report this kid cause their snowflake got scared by some smoke?
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^^ from another article

Like Trayvon's tale, Kiera's story still has many unanswered questions. This much is clear: Wilmot's trouble began April 22, when the assistant principal at Bartow High heard a small explosion. When he ventured outside, he found the teen near a gazebo on campus next to a plastic bottle. Wilmot admitted she'd mixed toilet bowl cleaner with aluminum foil — a "science fair experiment" her friend had suggested, she said.

Wilmot, a good student with a clean record, was immediately expelled for having a "bomb" on campus. What's more, a local prosecutor named Tammy Glotfelty OK'ed police to arrest the girl on felony charges of possession of a weapon on school grounds and discharging a destructive device — even though her principal admitted she wasn't trying to hurt anyone and had made a "bad choice."

Kiera Wilmot's Story Blows Up, but Where's the Herald? - Page 1 - News - Miami - Miami New Times
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

This is so fu**ed up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information