• 1 Post By McJag
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By Seth82
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 1 Post By Karistiona
  • 1 Post By sprynkles

Thread: DJ Peter Rauhofer Diagnosed with Brain Tumor

Default DJ Peter Rauhofer Diagnosed with Brain Tumor

my thoughts go out to Peter and his family.
    I love his mixes.
    DJ Peter Rauhofer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor / Queerty

LET THE MUSIC PLAY
    DJ Peter Rauhofer Diagnosed With Brain Tumor

Today brings more somber news to an already difficult week with word that DJ, label owner, and in-demand remix artist Peter Rauhofer has been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Rauhofer’s manager posted a message on the DJ’s Facebook page saying:

Dear Friends and Loyal Fans,

As Peter Rauhofer’s manager and dear friend for many years, it is my sad duty to announce that Peter was rushed to the emergency room several weeks ago. After confirming that Peter had a seizure, further testing has revealed a large brain tumor, something that has gone undiagnosed for quite some time.

At this time, Peter’s family is working closely with a team of talented Neurologists to determine the overall best treatment option. Please be assured that he is getting the absolute finest care possible, twenty-four hours a day.

I know Peter would appreciate your kind consideration and positive energy during this extremely difficult period. We will post any updates and progress reports as they become available.

Feel free to post your condolences as well as check into this page for updates.

Sincerely,

Angelo

Among the most prominent DJs at gay circuit parties, Rauhofer’s other bona fides include winning a Grammy Award in 2000 for Best Remixer of the Year for his remix of Cher’s “Believe” and remixing numerous dance hits for Madonna and Britney Spears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

I have afriend who had a brain tumor removed about a month ago. He posted pics on FB which showed A lot of big staples right in the middle of his skull. Like ear to ear, but just on the top of his skull. He started posting a few days after his operation. Amazing.
    Hope this guy does as well.
    Seth82 likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I hope he does well. Poor man.
    Seth82 likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

who?

also, it makes sense. only a tumour could explain his choice of outfit in that picture.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

LOVE his remix of Aguilera's "Beautiful". I do hope he recovers.
    Seth82 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    LOVE his remix of Aguilera's "Beautiful". I do hope he recovers.
    that's definitely a good one.
    BITTER likes this.
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Christina - Beautiful (Rauhofer Mix)
    Seth82 likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Sorry but that's a horrendous remix. I hope this guy can receive treatment and recover from this, scary stuff.
    sputnik likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

damn this sucks

I was really hoping Peter would pull through and recover.

DJ Peter Rauhofer Dead At 48 / Queerty

Famed DJ, label owner and Grammy Award-winning remix artist DJ Peter Rauhofer, noted for his work with Cher, Madonna and the Pet Shop Boys, has died of cancer at age 48. Last month Rauhofer’s manager announced the popular circuit party DJ had been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

A message posted on Rauhofer’s Facebook page reads:

Today the music industry has lost one of its true heroes.

With a heavy heart I must now report that Peter Rauhofer has lost his battle with brain cancer.

He passed quietly today and is survived by his mother, Helga, who resides in Austria.

She will transport Peter back home to his final resting place there, but to all that knew Peter, his heart will always be in New York City.

It makes me sad, not only that I have lost a friend, but that the world has lost an amazing talent and that future generations will never get to understand the magic that Peter created night after night all over the world.

He is gone too soon but we will always have the vast body of music that Peter left for us.

Through his music, Peter will live forever. The brightest stars always burn out too soon. Peter, you were loved and you will be terribly missed. Goodbye my friend. Please rest in peace knowing that you have brought so much joy to so many of us. I ask that his true fans keep his legacy alive by sharing his music with anyone who may not have had the opportunity to experience it for themselves.

Last edited by Seth82; May 7th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.
    @NickoMoralesXXX

Poor guy. Rest in peace.
    Seth82 likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Thread Information