Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gas_chick

Thread: New Jersey Man wins the big lottery

Default New Jersey Man wins the big lottery

He will get 150 millions after taxes. He's a hard working man with 5 kids. I'm happy for him but do not like that he moved to the US when he was 19, that was 26 years ago, and still doesn't speak English. I'm sorry but you should learn the language of the country if you're going to make it your home.

$338M lottery winner to take lump-sum payout

..LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP) New Jersey lottery officials say the Dominican immigrant who won the $338 million Powerball lottery has decided to take the payment in one lump sum.

That means 45-year-old Pedro Quezada will receive about $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes.

Quezada appeared at New Jersey lottery headquarters Tuesday to officially claim the prize, a day after learning he had the winning ticket.

He appeared with his wife, Ines Sanchez, his four brothers, and two nephews. Quezada and his wife, who is from Tlaxcala (tlahs-KAH'-luh), Mexico, have been married nine years.

Quezada says his mind isn't clear enough yet to figure out what he will do with the money. But he says he could use a car. Asked what kind of car he has now, he said, "My feet."

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I feel this guy will be broke quickly. I'd like to see someone offer to help him manage this and not rip him off.
    sluce likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I agree. I'm sure he has family coming out of the woodwork right now.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yeah, I think I'm related to him. What's his name again?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Pedro but the newspaper headlines are calling him PAYdro.

A*O

The "financial advisers" will be circling too with amazing investment opportunities. This guy doesn't stand a chance, especially if he doesn't speak English yet.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The "financial advisers" will be circling too with amazing investment opportunities. This guy doesn't stand a chance, especially if he doesn't speak English yet.
    Yet? After 26 years he is hopeless. Maybe a live-in interpeter.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

NJ's Powerball winner owes $29K in child support

NJ's Powerball winner owes $29K in child support

.....PATERSON, N.J. (AP) — The New Jersey man who won the $338 million Powerball jackpot owes about $29,000 in child support.

Forty-four-year-old Pedro Quezada on Tuesday claimed a lump-sum payment worth $221 million, or about $152 million after taxes.

A spokesman for Passaic County Sheriff Richard Berdnik says the sheriff's office's warrant squad is attempting to find Quezada to resolve the matter.

Spokesman Bill Maer (mayr) also says the state Lottery Division generally satisfies such judgments before winnings are released. He says Quezada is subject to potential arrest like everyone else until the warrant is satisfied.

The unpaid child support payments go back to 2009. It's not known which of Quezada's five children are covered under the payments.

PAY-dro...hahaha.

On a side note - I HATE that they call the town of San Pedro, here in CA, San PEE-dro. It's all kinds of stupid.

He'll do what the other Dominicans in the tri state area do- go home to DR and live like a king. I know many who come here, work and save and head right back home when they've banked a decent amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    He'll do what the other Dominicans in the tri state area do- go home to DR and live like a king. I know many who come here, work and save and head right back home when they've banked a decent amount.
    He speaks the language at least!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information