Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By Air Quotes
  • 3 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 11 Post By shedevilang
  • 1 Post By Kittylady

Thread: God hates Fred Phelps

Default God hates Fred Phelps

Westboro Baptist Church Founder Fred Phelps May Be Gay, Suggests Former Member Lauren Drain

A former member of the Westboro Baptist Church who recently published a book about leaving the hate-mongering group has also revealed that founder Fred Phelps's anti-gay ideology may have spawned from a gay experience.
    Lauren Drain, 27, was a member of the Topeka, Kan., congregation until she challenged the group's beliefs and had to leave. She sat down this week with the Advocate to discuss her book and her journey from follower to free.
    Drain suggested to the Advocate that founder Fred Phelps might have formed the Westboro Baptist Church and begun his anti-gay crusade because of a gay experience. He was a Boy Scout who graduated with honors and was headed for the military, she said. Then, at 17, Phelps changed his mind and was suddenly set on becoming a preacher to fight against "sexual immorality."
    Via the Advocate:
    I never understood why, when [the media asked him], “Why are you so against the homosexuals? Did you have a homosexual experience? Do you have homosexual tendencies?” And he would get so mad, he would shut down. And he’d be like, “I can’t talk to this person anymore, they’re stupid.” His reaction to that was stronger than any other question you can ask him. So I always wondered that — why does he get so mad? If I’m not gay, I’ll just say I’m not gay. And I’m not going to freak out, like, “Why are you calling me gay?” I always thought that was super strange. … I don’t know what happened there, so [speculation] is all that I can leave it at. But something happened, and something made him change his mind about the military, and in turn have kind of a crusade against sexual immorality and homosexuals.
    Not only did she leave Westboro, but Drain also has become an advocate for gay rightsand anti-bullying. In February, she posed for the NOH8 campaign, a movement that promotes equality.
    "I don't think anyone should judge or persecute another human being or any group of individuals based off of those personal, chosen, beliefs," she told NOH8. "I am against any and all forms of violence, discrimination, bullying or bigotry directed at someone else due to their personal lifestyle."
    March 5 saw the release of Drain's book, Banished: Surviving My Years in the Westboro Baptist Church, in which she describes how she grew up with Westboro during her formative years, after her father developed an obsession with the group and moved his family from Florida to Kansas.
    During a reddit "Ask Me Anything" session last month, one commentator asked Drain, "Do you think Fred Phelps is gay? If not, how do you explain his extreme interest in homosexuality?" She didn't answer the question at the time, but she did say Phelps has managed to brainwash his followers so much that they believe the hate just as staunchly as he does.
    "I don't think Fred Phelps becoming incapable would be the reason the church would collapse," she said when asked if Westboro may crumble after the 83-year-old dies. "I tend to think it is disintegrating as more and more members question things and get kicked out or leave. The brainwashing is so deep that the second and third generation believe just a strongly as the Pastor himself."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Now wouldn't that be somthing if he was gay. LMFAO.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I always thought he must have been a self-loathing gay to reach that level of hatred for homosexuality. He's not just gay-hating and homophobic, he's maniacal about it.
    Sarzy likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Nothing a dick in the mouth won't cure.
    Seth82 likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I thought he might have been molested as a child by a guy and somehow externalized that as an anti-gay crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I thought he might have been molested as a child by a guy and somehow externalized that as an anti-gay crusade.
    That's another possibility I've mulled over before.

I think in the documentary about him, or something I read, that he had alluded to something happening to him when he first got to college, kind of implying he'd spent some time with a guy, maybe experimenting. I can't remember anything else about it though.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    That's another possibility I've mulled over before.

I think in the documentary about him, or something I read, that he had alluded to something happening to him when he first got to college, kind of implying he'd spent some time with a guy, maybe experimenting. I can't remember anything else about it though.
    Some people become real over-the-top zealots to try to atone for past behavior. I would be surprised, though, that some guy that he had a gay experience with wouldn't have outed Phelps by now -- unless the guy is almost as deeply closeted.

Dude is 83, any gay lovers from the past might be long dead.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

God should get in line with the rest of us, who the fuck doesn't hate this sorry motherfucker
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I would hope to hell he was molested or something, and not like he is because he is a self-hating homo. We do not need to add his damn name to the already too long and shameful list of evil self-hating-closeted gays we already have.

I seriously cannot believe someone as not killed his ass by now. Ten years ago my money would have been on someone offing his ass by now. Such is life.

His boyfriend dumped him.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I have a new hero and his name is Billy The Fridge.

Son of Westboro Baptist Church leader attacked on live TV by naked 500lb man who burst out of bathroom, sat on him and shouted: 'Who's your daddy now?'

• David Phelps was being interviewed when the man ran at him
    • He is understood to call himself Billy The Fridge
    • Kansas-based church has caused controversy by preaching gay-hate

The son of gay-hate church leader Fred Phelps has been attacked live on TV by an obese naked man who sat on him and shouted 'who's your daddy now?'
    Westboro Baptist Church member David Phelps was being interviewed in a mobile studio when a 35-stone man, who was wearing no clothes, suddenly burst out of a loo to confront him.
    Mr Phelps was angrily commenting on a forthcoming live crucifixion, which U.S.-based TV station Battlecam intends to broadcast on Easter Sunday.
    Scroll down for video

Westboro Baptist Church member David Phelps (foreground) being interviewed in a mobile studio as a 35-stone man, who was wearing no clothes, suddenly burst out of a loo to confront him

The interview quickly descended into a farce when the naked man, who is understood to call himself Billy The Fridge, burst in on proceedings

The camera blurs as the 35-stone man, known as Billy The Fridge, burst in on proceedings and jumped on the church member

Flattened: The 35-stone man wearing no clothes sat on David Phelps during the interview

But the interview quickly descended into a farce when the naked man, who is understood to call himself Billy The Fridge, burst in on proceedings.
    A video of the incident was posted on YouTube and has run up nearly 30,000 hits over the last 48 hours.
    An eye-witness later claimed that he saw Phelps being pursued down the street outside the mobile studio by a naked fat man.

Rob Cutler, from Topeka, Kansas, where the church is based, said: 'I was amazed, first I see David run out of a motor home and the next thing I know he's been sat on by this giant naked man who is screaming "who's your daddy now Davey?"'
    The Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church has previously caused controversy in the U.S. by preaching anti-gay messages.
    Battlecam is meanwhile planning to stream live footage across the internet of a man being publically crucified in Beverly Hills on Easter Sunday.

The Kansas-based Westboro Baptist Church has previously caused controversy in the U.S. by preaching anti-gay messages

Naked man attacks church member David Phelps

Founder: Fred Phelps established the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka in 1955. A placard in the background demonstrates the group's attitudes

Robert Garrison, described as 'a 30-year-old sado-masochist from Florida', will be hammered onto a giant wooden cross behind a glass window in view of passersby at Battlecam TV's headquarters in Los Angeles.
    The event is billed as 'honouring the sacrifices made by our Lord, Jesus Christ' - but it as been dismissed as inappropriate by some internet users in The States.
    During the crucifixion a gospel choir will be sing Easter songs and chant Psalm 22 which starts with the immortal words 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?'
    Mr Garrison will be left impaled by 12in nails for several hours while users of Battlecam TV's social networking website are invited to comment.
    When asked if he was worried whether the event would be criticised as being sacrilegious, Battlecam boss Alki David said: 'This is not disrespectful. We are bringing awareness of religion to online social networking.'
    But one web user in The States commented: 'I just think there's better ways to honour him than to crucify someone.
    'To me the best way to honour him is to help the kinds of people he did back when he was alive; like the poor, the sick and the starving for example.'
    Mr Phelps was not available for comment.
    SHELLEE likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^ I have tears in my eyes I am laughing so hard . That is the best thing I have seen in a really long time , the Fridge is my new hero .

"Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Excuse the necro, thought it was worth it.

Jul 18, 2013 3:24pm
    A group of satanists say they’ve given the controversial Westboro Baptist Church a taste of its own medicine, performing a same-sex ritual at the grave of the mother of the church’s founder.
    Members of the Satanist Temple performed on Sunday what its spokesman describes as a “pink mass” an admittedly made-up ritual, celebrating gay love, at the grave in Meridian, Miss.

Spokesman Lucien Greaves doffed a headdress made of horns as two male couples, and a female couple recited scripture, lit candles and made out over the grave.
    Members then posthumously declared Catherine Johnston, the mother of Westboro’s founder Fred Phelps, a lesbian.

The ritual was designed to get a rise of the WBC, the satanists said, an organization that’s earned a national reputation for getting a rise out of others.

Phelps is the leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, a fundamentalist congregation infamous for picketing at the funerals of celebrities, victims of disaster and terrorism, and U.S. soldiers killed in combat.
    The church, located in Topeka, Kan., believes that the whole of the United States is in a state of sin because of gays. Members often protest at funerals carrying signs that read “God hates fags.”

The idea to stage a counter-protest by the New York based Satanist Temple after WBC members threatened to picket at funerals for those killed in the Boston Marathon bombings, Greaves told ABCNews.com.

The ritual took place at Magnolia Cemetery near a busy road, but Greaves said no one bothered the group of Satanists.

“Our right to believe that Fred Phelps now must believe that his mother is gay is inviolable,” said Greaves. “No one can question our beliefs,” he said, mocking a Westboro talking point that was recently at the heart of Supreme Court case, which the church won.

A spokesman for Westboro, which has never shirked from publicity, told ABC that the “pink mass” only gave the church another moment to preach against gay people.
    “I don’t care whether you’re dancing on a grave, in a hot air balloon, or standing on Mt. Kiliminjaro, homosexuality is a sin. And the punishment fixed for that sin is the death penalty,” said Westboro spokesman Steve Drain.
    Satanists Perform ‘Gay Ritual’ at Westboro Gravesite - ABC News

Free speech is a bitch when it doesn't agree with you, eh, Westboro? Eat shit.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Thread Information