Thread: 100 lb woman wins biscuit eating contest

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default 100 lb woman wins biscuit eating contest

'Black Widow' wins U.S. ham biscuit eating contest

Sonya Thomas, right, weighs about 100 pounds, but she can put away plenty of food. She has set several world records for eating, including 46 dozen oysters in 10 minutes, 11 pounds of cheesecake in 9 minutes, 48 chicken tacos in 11 minutes and 56 hamburgers in 8 minutes. (AP)

LYNCHBURG, Virginia -- The Black Widow strikes again.
    Sonya Thomas, a 45-kilogram woman who earned her nickname by outeating many of her heavyweight male opponents on the competitive eating circuit, ate 60 ham biscuits Saturday to win an eating contest at the 16th Annual Virginia State Harley Davidson Owners Group Rally.

The 37-year-old from Alexandria, Virginia beat out 11 other competitors from International Federation of Competitive Eating and Harley Davidson owners from throughout the state.

Her final competition, Eric "Badlands" Booker, of Copiague, New York, ate 42 ham biscuits. The buttermilk biscuits stuffed with ham are a Southern favorite.

With their cheeks stuffed at the five-minute mark, Booker and Thomas continued to dunk the biscuits into pitchers and cups of water to help speed up the act of swallowing.

"Sometimes the water taste makes me feel a little bit sick," Thomas said.
    In the final minutes, Thomas started hopping, an action she says helps push down the food.

The Virginia rally, which ran from Thursday through Saturday, featured organized motorcycle rides and other events. (AP)

source:
    http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai...dm003000c.html

It seems like skinny ppl tend to win this type of eating contest.
    <-- International champion of hot dog eathing contest, Takeru Kobayashi of Japan. He weighs 131 lb
    http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/07/04/hotdog.contest/

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: 100 lb woman wins biscuit eating contest

reminds me of someone I knew in the hospital for eating disorders. tiny woman who was maybe five feet tall and less than 100 lbs..way less. she won contests like these..the one I remember was when she won a pancake eating contest by eating 47 pancakes..more than any of the huge men could. Of course later she threw alot of it up..and the only reason she could do it was because her bulemia had stretched her stomach to ridiculous limits. I wonder what the REAL story is with this woman? she has a freakishly huge stomach, either born that way or from some other reason.

tapeworm

Re: the hot dog eating champion Mr. Kobayashi

Training and techniques

Kobayashi expands his stomach for a competition by eating larger and larger amounts of food, and then exercises to ensure that fat will not impede expansion of his stomach during a competition.[5] According to a 2006 documentary on MTV's "True Life," Kobayashi has a condition called gastroptosis, an abnormal downward displacement of the stomach.[citation needed] It is unclear whether this condition plays a factor in his eating ability.
    Physically Kobayashi has undergone drastic change from his earlier appearances on the competitive eating circuit (weighing in at a mere 110 lb in his beginning competitions and then 144 lb in later events.) This is due in large part to his more recent endeavors in weight training. By training with weights and working out Kobayashi has increased his metabolism, which in turn has helped him to burn more calories. This training is used by Kobayashi to maintain his overall health as well as helping him to elude excess calories from being stored as fat. Takeru Kobayashi tipped the scales at a lean, muscle bound 172 pounds at recent events.[citation needed]
    Kobayashi is also known for his trademark body wiggle, affectionately known as "The Kobayashi Shake" which he uses to force food down his esophagus and settle more compactly in his stomach.[6] He eats the hot dogs by splitting the frankfurter in half, swallowing both parts at once, and then dipping the buns in water, Sprite, or 7-Up and stuffing it in his mouth. He calls this the Solomon method.[7]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takeru_Kobayashi

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

This boggles my mind. Where the fuck do they put it all? And how can this not affect other body systems, their bloodwork, etc. adversely?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

That Kobayashi guy started out as a little skinny pipsqueak, but he is RIPPED now!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

no gag reflex?

Mr. Kobayashi sets a new record.

Kobayashi crams down 53-plus hotdogs to wins 6th straight Coney Island contest
    Takeru Kobayashi
    (AP)

July 5, 2006

NEW YORK -- A 72-kilogram wonder from Japan set a new record by devouring a sickening 53 3/4 frankfurters in 12 minutes to win the annual Independence Day hot dog eating competition on Coney Island.

The feat earned Takeru Kobayashi, 27, his sixth straight title in the event, held at the original Nathan's Famous hot dog stand on Brooklyn's seashore.

He broke his own record of 53 1/2 hot dogs, set at the same competition two years ago.

Thousands of raucous spectators jammed the streets in front of the hot dog stand, a block from the famed Coney Island boardwalk, to watch the competition and Kobayashi -- a top-ranked eater who once ate 8 kilograms of pan-seared cow brains to win $25,000.

His strongest competition was Joey Chestnut, a 99-kilogram civil engineering student from San Jose, California, who set an American record by eating 50 hot dogs during a qualifying tournament in Las Vegas.

Chestnut jumped out to an early lead in the competition, sometimes jamming franks into his mouth with two hands as the crowd roared.

But as Chestnut struggled, red-faced, with veins bulging in his forehead, the Japanese star methodically chomped dog after dog, often dipping them in a soft drink before cramming them into his mouth. Kobayashi passed Chestnut with about three minutes left in the contest.

When the clock expired, Chestnut had swallowed 52 Nathan's franks -- not quite enough.

"I hit a wall. I just felt tired," Chestnut told an interviewer from ESPN, which broadcast the competition live.
    Takeru Kobayashi of Japan celebrates winning Nathan's Famous Fourth of July hot-dog-eating contest in Coney Island, New York. (AP)

Kobayashi, his hair dyed yellow like a Nathan's billboard, said through a translator that he would be back next year to eat even more hot dogs than he did this time.

"I can definitely beat the record," he said.

Among the other competitors were another favorite, 45-kilogram Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas, of Alexandria, Virginia, who once ate 65 hard boiled eggs in a little more than 6 1/2 minutes, and a local favorite, Eric "Badlands" Booker, a 191.25-kilogram subway conductor from Long Island who holds speed-eating records for pies and matzo balls. (AP)

source:
    http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai...dm006000c.html

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um ok seriously; how come ppl of asian descent always win these damn contests? and how come everytime I eat Chinese; I'm hungry 20 minutes later?!

coincidence? I think NOT!

Thread Information