Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "World's Worst Tattoo" gets fixed

Default "World's Worst Tattoo" gets fixed

The man with the "world's worst portrait tattoo" finally got his happy ending on Thursday when he had the opportunity to fix the botched ink job of his late wife that had plagued him for so many years.
    More on Yahoo! The Worst Tattoos in Hollywood

In 2007, on the one-year anniversary of his wife Mindy's death, Chad Stahl, 38, owner of Cutright Lawn and Landscaping, LLC, visited On the Edge Tattoo Studio in Bowling Green, Ohio to honor her with a portrait tattoo. The couple had been dating for 10 years, had 3 children, and were married for less than 3 months when Mindy died in a household fire.

Tattoo artist Dennis Foust inked the $450 portrait tattoo. "I had seen Faust's portrait work on his website and he even tattooed some of my in-laws with designs in honor of Mindy so I was confident going in," Stahl told Yahoo! Shine in his first media interview. "But when the swelling subsided, it didn't look like Mindy at all—her teeth looked evil." To add insult to injury, a friend had emailed him a link to a blog post titled "Worst Tattoo Ever" with a photo of Stahl's tattoo posted by a disgruntled On the Edge ex-employee. A few months later, Stahl returned to the studio and Faust tried to fix it, adding the words, "In loving memory of Mindy" but the damage was too great. "I was embarrassed to wear sleeveless shirts and didn't want anyone to see the tattoo but everyone in my town knew about it," says Stahl.

Foust told Shine: "This was my very first portrait tattoo done years ago. I've since moved forward, improved my skills, and my work has been featured in magazines."

Recently, a friend of Stahl's recommended that he visit Scott Versago at Empire Ink in Akron, Ohio, who had heard of the infamous tattoo and on Thursday Versago fixed it—for free. Vergaso wrote on his Facebook page: "I got to tackle the official '#1 worst portrait tattoo in the world' today. I'm sure you've all seen it a million times online, as had I. I couldn't believe my eyes when this guy walked in and showed me this project. I think my jaw literally hit the floor. He went on to tell me the story behind the portrait; He had just married his beautiful wife and not even three months afterwards she was killed in a horrible house fire accident leaving him to raise their three children alone. Shortly after he went to a local tattoo studio to memorialize his wife and was left with this abomination. He later returned to that studio for one more session, thinking that perhaps 'he had done something wrong in the healing of the tattoo' and they butchered it even more the second time. Finally, he drove all the way to my studio, Empire Ink, just to meet me and to see what his options were. Touched by his story, I gifted the entire project to him for free. Now he has closure and I have an amazing story to add to my portfolio!"

The fix-it job took just three hours. "I'm so happy and want everyone to see it," Stahl told Shine. "I'm going to enter the tattoo in a contest hosted by On the Edge to see if they recognize me."
    World's Worst Tattoo is Fixed | Healthy Living - Yahoo! Shine

Good for him. I can't believe somebody actually mangled something so sentimental, must've been hell for the man.

The artist who fixed that tattoo is a wizard.
    Kittylady likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

IKR? What an amazing job
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

too bad they didn't call out the shop that did the original tattoo.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

They did
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I can't believe the tattooist's excuse that it was his first portrait. If you don't have the skills, don't accept the job.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    too bad they didn't call out the shop that did the original tattoo.
    Someone fetch MsDeb some coffee, stat.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    They did
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Someone fetch MsDeb some coffee, stat.
    shit, i really am tired. i re-read that thing twice and didn't see it.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Not a tattoo fan, but whoever fixed it did an amazing job!

That Scott Versago dude got mad skillz.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

"I had seen Faust's portrait work on his website and he even tattooed some of my in-laws with designs in honor of Mindy so I was confident going in," Stahl told Yahoo! Shine in his first media interview.
    Foust told Shine: "This was my very first portrait tattoo done years ago. I've since moved forward, improved my skills, and my work has been featured in magazines."
    Something doesn't add up here.

Tattooist possibly posted work on his website that was not his own, making his abilities look better than they were.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

it's still awful, just technically more proficient. couldn't he have bought her a commemorative bench at their favourite park or something?
    even after the fix, it's still the tattoo equivalent of these beautiful headstones:

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I tend to give grieving people a pass and let them deal with it in the way that helps them the most. If he gets solace out of carrying her picture around on his body, then I'd sooner see the perfect portrait than that other insulting abomination. And I really hate tattoos.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

it's still weird, man. Her face is all black, wouldn't that remind him of the fire?
    sputnik likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

fgg

OMG, manx! so bad!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information