Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Inconceivable: Flight Passenger Asked to Remove ‘Intimidating’ Inigo Montoya Tee

Default Inconceivable: Flight Passenger Asked to Remove ‘Intimidating’ Inigo Montoya Tee

Inconceivable: Flight Attendants Ask Passenger to Remove ‘Intimidating’ Inigo Montoya T-Shirt

You may be able to quote the entirety of Rob Reiner's classic 1987 romcom The Princess Bride word for word, but the movie is entirely foreign to at least a few highly sensitive passengers aboard a recently Qantas flight from Sydney to Auckland.

New Zealand-born, Australia-based movie lover Wynand Mullins was only trying to show his love for the cult comedy when he put on a T-shirt emblazoned with arguably the film's most famous line, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

But the joke was lost on his fellow air travelers, who complained to the crew that Mullins' shirt was making them nervous.

"The flight attendant said to me: ‘Are you able to remove it because some of the passengers are quite intimidated by it,'" Mullins recalled to Stuff.co.nz. "I thought it was all a bit silly. The person next to me was laughing, because they knew the movie."

The situation appeared to resolve itself after the flight attendant went looking for a replacement T and never came back. But Mullins, who said he thought the reaction was "a bit over the top," says he had the distinct feeling "they had someone watching me the whole time."

Qantas released a statement saying it was not aware of this particular incident, but the airline "does have dress standards for passengers...particularly for slogans which other passengers may find offensive or threatening."

Booooo.

Inconceivable: Flight Attendants Ask Passenger to Remove 'Intimidating' Inigo Montoya T-Shirt
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Oh for fuck sake, the assholes who were complaing need to get a fucking life.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is my favorite quote ever and I'm always shocked when people have never seen the Princess Bride!! But in this case I can see with the way it is set up on the "hello" thing people who haven't seen the movie may have gotten weirded out. Common sense dude, don't get on a plane with a shirt that says "Prepare to die." If it had turned out that he had done something on the plane, people would probably have been like "Hello??? He had a shirt on that said prepare to die, how much more of a hint do you need?"

Still my favorite quote. Off to find where I can buy this online.

Whatever, fuck the other passengers they're clearly just ignorant of an awesome movie.

They should have played the Princess Bride as the in-flight movie. Tards.
    birdie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Whatever, fuck the other passengers they're clearly just ignorant of an awesome movie.

They should have played the Princess Bride as the in-flight movie. Tards.
    Yeah, probably lots of us aren't that familiar with the movie, so a shirt like this isn't funny. Sorry, it's inappropriate for flying anywhere.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Yeah, probably lots of us aren't that familiar with the movie, so a shirt like this isn't funny. Sorry, it's inappropriate for flying anywhere.
    are you fucking serious?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

At the very least I would expect someone to realize that this is not intimidating. Even if you don't find it funny or know where it's from, most people would realize it's not a threat.

Whatever, I'm of the opinion that if my time is up, it's up. And the whole ridiculous airport thing really pisses me off, I think it's pretty much useless.

Booooo indeed.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Prepare to die on an airplane? No way that won't make some passengers nervous,even those who already know it. Like me!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I saw The Princess Bride for the first time 2 weeks ago. Awesome movie. But I bet there are other virgins out there who might wonder wth with this guys shirt.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    are you fucking serious?
    Dead serious - there are some really nervous flyers out there and the last thing some of them need to see is a guy in a "prepare to die" shirt. I'm not a fan of the movie and I'm completely unfamiliar with any of the lines. I don't take fashion "messages" seriously so I don't care really, but some people might be concerned. They obviously were.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Because they're idiots. Was he going to bring down the plane with a shirt? Were people feeling threatened because they'd killed a Mr. Montoya and they feared revenge from his son?
    A*O, greysfang, Quat and 3 others like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Because they're idiots. Was he going to bring down the plane with a shirt? Were people feeling threatened because they'd killed a Mr. Montoya and they feared revenge from his son?
    This just cracked me up. I'd never thought about it that way lol.
    Kittylady and Snarker like this.

faithanne, Sleuth, A*O and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information