Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By McJag
  • 3 Post By Kathie_Moffett
  • 1 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Abandoned baby with umbilical cord still attached miraculously survives chilly Texas

Default Abandoned baby with umbilical cord still attached miraculously survives chilly Texas

Abandoned baby with umbilical cord still attached miraculously survives chilly Texas night in a handbag

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

A newborn baby is miraculously 'doing fine' after spending a freezing night outside in Texas wrapped in a towel inside of a pillowcase, inside a handbag.

The baby was abandoned Sunday night near a North Texas home as temperatures dropped into the 40s, said local authorities.

The baby's identity is still unknown and Corsicana police are appealing to the public for information that could lead to finding the mother.

Survivor: Police are still searching for the mother of an unidentified newborn abandoned in a handbag with its umbilical cord still attached

The infant was discovered by Mihoko and Phillip Brown outside their home when their cat, Stinky, started sniffing around the door near where the handbag was dropped.

The Browns live on the corner of a dead-end street off busy State Highway 22.

The infant was discovered by Mihoko (pictured) and Phillip Brown outside their Texas home

'I put my ear to the door and heard something, and I barely opened the door and saw the bag,' Phillip Brown told the Corsicana Daily Sun.
    'I said, "Somebody's left us a puppy in this bag." Then it started crying and I said, "This is a baby".'

Mihoko said she was grateful that the baby had enough energy to cry loud enough for them to find him.

'I was trying to make him quit crying. I just went, kind of swinging and holding him and singing a little bit,' she told NBC.

Police said the baby's umbilical cord was still attached.

'He's stable and appears he's going to be fine,' Police Chief Randy Bratton said. 'We're very fortunate because it got pretty cold last night. If the baby hadn't been found quickly there's a good chance the baby might not have made it.'

Police suspect the baby's mother may not have known that Texas has a Baby Moses law granting legal immunity to any mother who leaves her infant at a hospital, fire station, or police station.

Authorities are searching for the mother at area hospitals and checking with local schools in case she was a student.

When the baby is discharged from the hospital he will be placed in the custody of Child Protective Services.

Read more: Abandoned baby with umbilical cord still attached miraculously survives chilly Texas night in a handbag | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

poor baby.
    glad he's alive. stinky the cat deserves a yummy dinner for finding him.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

The couple that live there are childless. They are right between a fire station and the hospital. I wonder if someone they know was trying to leave the baby with them. Anyway, the baby was all wrapped up in a towel,so the mother tried to keep him warm.
    Seapharris7 and MmeVertigina like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    poor baby.
    glad he's alive. stinky the cat deserves a yummy dinner for finding him.
    Three cheers for Stinky!!!
    Waterslide, Kat Scorp and stef like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Glad the baby survived somehow.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    They are right between a fire station and the hospital. I wonder if someone they know was trying to leave the baby with them. Anyway, the baby was all wrapped up in a towel,so the mother tried to keep him warm.
    the baby would have been a lot warmer inside the fire station or the hospital...
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

No friggin' excuse. Take the baby anywhere. A store, a fire station, a fucking Walmart for fucks sake. Don't leave a newborn on a doorstep in a towel.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

aww thats is so sad , glad the baby is safe now . thts too harsh .

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    No friggin' excuse. Take the baby anywhere. A store, a fire station, a fucking Walmart for fucks sake. Don't leave a newborn on a doorstep in a towel.
    I agree, but McJag has a point... anyone could have left that baby at a hospital or firestation (but it risks getting caught)... She chooses a childless family? Down an endless road? Its just weird...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Silver Member

I agree, sounds like the mother may have known this couple. I wonder if they have an idea who she might be and are just keeping quiet for now.

Thread Information