Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Huge cannabis plant grown by elderly couple seized

Default Huge cannabis plant grown by elderly couple seized

Police stunned by elderly couple's huge cannabis plant

updated 9:08 PM EDT, Tue October 9, 2012

Bedford police posted this photo of the bush on Twitter, described as the "biggest cannabis plant" we've seen.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• British police: Elderly couple unknowingly cultivated cannabis plant in garden
    • Officers said it was "biggest cannabis plant we had seen"
    • Police picture posted on Twitter shows fully grown shrub with thick foliage

London (CNN) -- British police have decided not to press any charges against the elderly couple who had been unknowingly cultivating a huge cannabis plant in their garden.

The plant was seized Monday in Bedfordshire, central England. The police later posted a picture on Twitter with comments: "Elderly couple bought shrub at car boot sale," adding that it was the "biggest cannabis plant we had seen!!"

The police picture posted on Twitter shows a fully grown shrub with thick foliage in the front garden.

Marijuana as medicine

A police spokeswoman told CNN: "The plant was mistakenly bought by the elderly couple. We will not be pressing any charges. We have seized it and will dispose it." She also said that unlike what has been reported in some newspapers there was no "raid."' "The property was not raided," she said.

The police tweet, however, led to many comical reactions including on newspapers sites that carried the story. A Mail Online reader commented: "Don't buy 'pot' plants at car boot sales! Simples."

Cannabis is classified as a Class B drug in Britain under the Misuse of Drugs Act. The maximum penalty for supplying or producing cannabis is 14 years imprisonment and/or unlimited fine.

The cannabis plant has psychoactive compounds with mood and behavior-altering properties. The plant is used both for making recreational drugs and medicine. Organized crime gangs have often used in-house cannabis farms to produce the high-strength "skunk" version of the drug.

Police stunned by elderly couple's huge cannabis plant - CNN.com

Holy shit, gramma got a hell of a green thumb!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

haha. I wonder how the cops found out about it. Some pesky neighbor probably reported it.

That could easily be me or my mother!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That is a very impressive plant.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Aw. Give grammaw and papaw their plant back FFS.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I bet they were a favorite of all the neighborhood kids.
    greysfang likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

that plant took my breath away!!!
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It's beautiful. Too bad it had to be destroyed.

My mother would be creaming her knickers at the very sight of that foliage.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Well, Colorado may legalize marijuana entirely (not just medical) next week. Its on the ballot as a constitutional amendment for any 21 and over.
    chartreuse and shedevilang like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Backwoods Alabama about 30 years ago I saw one almost this big:

Gramma's is really pretty and bushy. Nice job! Too bad it was destroyed. What a criminal waste of a living thing!

My dad set up the officers' tent under one the size of a tree during some army exercises. He didn't know until much later why his soldiers were snickering.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

If that is the biggest pot plant those cops have ever seen then that is damn shame. When I was young, we would wander throught the woods and see some that were huge. A lot of cops don't really even know what they look like. My friend's grandma got accused of growing pot plants in her backyard; turned out to be bamboo.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Well, Colorado may legalize marijuana entirely (not just medical) next week. Its on the ballot as a constitutional amendment for any 21 and over.
    Won't make much difference though. Even here in MI where we legalized medical marijuana, the Feds still come by and raid the clinics and shut down operations. Doesn't matter how many local govts. legalize the stuff, if the Feds keep it illegal there's nothing to stop them from making arrests.

Yes it does matter because that is exactly how prohibition ended. States removed the ban on alcohol and/or stopped enforcing the prohibition law. The Feds can't police everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information