Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: University of Texas Students Are ‘Bleach Bombing’ Their Black Peers

Default University of Texas Students Are ‘Bleach Bombing’ Their Black Peers

Students at the University of Texas in Austin — Texas' last bastion of hope — rallied earlier this week, in response to what they call a rash of racist behavior in Austin's West Campus neighborhood, home to many students at the nearby university. According to The Horn, several people (all minorities) have reported having had bleach-filled water balloons thrown at them— known as "bleach bombing" — as they walked to and from campus in the last few weeks.

Police tell KVUE they are investigating, but proving the attacks are hate crimes can be difficult. In response to the incidences, the university has set up a task force called Campus Climate Response Team with a website to report biased behavior.

Bleach bombing is not the only racially-charged incident to happen recently at UT: The school's Greek community is also tossing its hat in the racist ring by hosting a rash of "racially-themed parties." Reports The Horn:
    UT's Greek community, specifically member organizations of the Inter-Fraternity Council and University Panhellenic Council, has recently drawn sharp criticism for racially-themed parties at which sorority and fraternity members and their guests - who, for the most part, are white - dress up in stereotypical clothing associated with a minority group. The local chapters of Tri Delta and Zeta Tau Alpha have recently apologized for a 'Fiesta'-themed party where two party attendees wore shirts that read 'Illegal' and 'Border Patrol.'
    However, not all students at UT believe bleach bombing is a racially-charged attack, which is like saying the Stonewall riots were not in response to homophobic police, but just overenthusiastic ones.

"I see it from my balcony," Pete Desai told KVUE. "I think it is just who ever happens to walk by at the time."

Even if the bleach bombing can't be considered a hate crime, police tell KVUE it is assault.

University of Texas Students Are 'Bleach Blombing' Their Black Peers
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; October 4th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

yay, texas...

you misspelled bleach "bomb" as "blomb" ...

I copied it. Damn Gawker! Freaking proofread, you lazy bastards!
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

fucking gawker!

I'll fix the headline, but the link will still be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    I copied it. Damn Gawker! Freaking proofread, you lazy bastards!
    Sure,blame it on the other guy!
    I am fond of that though...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've never heard of bleach bombing before. They drop actual balloons of bleach on you? That will ruin your clothes? And temporarily damage your eyesight? Bleach is a caustic substance. Isn't that like a criminal assault?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've never heard of bleach bombing before. They drop actual balloons of bleach on you? That will ruin your clothes? And temporarily damage your eyesight? Bleach is a caustic substance. Isn't that like a criminal assault?
    It would take out every persons clothes in a 50 feet radius. This isn't making sense. Whoever tried that would be tackled and beaten on the spot.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You're telling me people are like throwing balloons full of bleach at people, and NOTHING is being done about it? *throws bullshit flag*

Or is it the campus police are on some bullshit and aren't doing shit about it?
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Yeah, them Texans are particular about their colored clothes!

This just makes me sick to my stomach.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Disgusting

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've never heard of bleach bombing either but this is disgusting. What's taking the authorities so long to find someone? There's CCTV everywhere these days and someone, somewhere must know something.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

In the UK there is CCTV everywhere, not so in the U.S.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If this is for real, look for the person with the most clorox splatters. He will not escape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information