Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Roadkill-to-go? Chinese Restaurant shuts down after deer carcass found in kitchen

Default Roadkill-to-go? Chinese Restaurant shuts down after deer carcass found in kitchen

VIDEO: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...PMWLcbslyLrdch

Road-kill to go? Chinese restaurant shut down after officials find dead deer in kitchen* - NY Daily News

Environmental health inspector Paul Lawson said that the restaurant may not be closed for good. It can reopen if it passes a health inspection proving that it completely cleaned and sanitized the property.

A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky is closed for business after officials found road-kill in its kitchen.

Health inspectors shuttered the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg after customers saw two employees wheel in a dead deer stuffed in a trash can, WYMT-TV reported.

"It was really disturbing. There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Katie Hopkins told the local television station.

"There was like a tail, and like a foot and leg sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."

The owner claims that the deer, which his son reportedly picked up along Interstate 75, was never going to be served to customers.

Instead, the owner said he intended to take the carcass home.

Environmental health inspector Paul Lawson told Lex18.com that the deer “had already been gutted” by the time he arrived at the restaurant, raising “many health and illness” issues.

"They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to," Lawson told WYMT, adding that he's concerned that the owner may have committed a similar health violation before.

Officials immediately shut down the restaurant and cited the owner's son for possession of a "white-tailed deer without a tag," Lex18.com reported.

The eatery, however, won't be forced to close its doors for good.

Lawson said that it can reopen if they pass an inspection proving that they completely cleaned and disinfected the facilities, WYMT reported.

But customers say it doesn't matter what the restaurant does to clean up its act.
    "I don't think I'll ever eat Chinese food ever again," Hopkins told WYMT.

Read more: Road-kill to go? Chinese restaurant shut down after officials find dead deer in kitchen* - NY Daily News

Chinese Restaurant Closed After Dead Deer Found Inside Kitchen; Customers Repulsed By Roadkill (VIDEO)

A Chinese restaurant in Kentucky has been closed down by officials after roadkill was found inside its kitchen, reports say.

Last week, customers dining at Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ken., reportedly spotted a dead deer stuffed inside a trash can that was dragged into the establishment's kitchen.

"It was really disturbing. There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can,” one customer told WTVR.com. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and leg sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."

Environmental health inspector Paul Lawson was soon called in to verify this gruesome claim.

According to WTVR.com, Lawson said that when he entered the restaurant's kitchen, he stumbled upon "the craziest thing he's ever seen."

"Upon arrival, I confirmed they did have a deer carcass in the facility,” he said.

Lawson told Lex18.com that the animal "had already been gutted" by the time he arrived, which raised "many health and illness" concerns.

Officials say the restaurant owner's son admitted to bringing the deer -- which had allegedly been roadkill found along Interstate 75 -- "into the kitchen of the restaurant in order to clean and dress it," Lex18.com reports.

The restaurant was immediately shut down and the owner's son was cited for having a "white-tailed deer without a tag."

“They said they didn’t know that they weren’t allowed to,” Lawson said, adding that he was concerned this may not have been the first time that the restaurant has brought roadkill onto its premises.

According to WTVR.com, the owners of the restaurant told Lawson that they had intended "to take the deer home and hadn't planned to serve it to a customer."

But this was little consolation to some patrons.

"I don't think I'll ever eat Chinese food ever again," said one customer who says she was dining at the restaurant when the deer carcass was hauled in.

Lawson said the restaurant will be allowed to reopen after an inspection proves that it has been completely cleaned and sanitized, WYMT reports.

Though some customers of this Kentucky restaurant were thoroughly repulsed by the thought of a roadkill feast, dead animals peeled off the tarmac is the food of choice for some daring diners. According to an earlier report by The Huffington Post, a U.K. man named Jonathan McGowan has been living off roadkill for more than three decades.

In the United States, it is legal in some states to harvest roadkill for personal use -- whether that be for the dead animals' pelt or for food.

What? There was dead animal meat in a commercial kitchen? Say it isn't so!
    shedevilang and Just Kill Me like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'd have thought Kentucky was one of those states where eating roadkill was legal. I love the people who won't ever eat Chinese food again because of this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Moo goo gai roadkill. Yum.
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Nonononono!!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm fine with eating deer but I ain't so sure about roadkill, how long was it out there lol?
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Smoked meat?
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hell I ain't sure how the weather is there around here you'd have fried deer if it was left out there longer than an hour lmao
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Bronze Member hunterlovesgossip's Avatar

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

I really don't see anything wrong with eating roadkill (like for at home consumption), why let the food go to waste, but I also wonder about the timing. It seems unsafe to pick up some deer off the road unless you know it was just hit. What is appropriate roadkill etiquette?

Well, road kill deer is probably better than the rat they usually serve.
    shedevilang likes this.

At least roadkill wasn't pumped full of antibiotics and hormones and fed rubbish in some feedlot.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

A lot of cultures are mindful about not wasting anything they consider edible. The deer was dead already and presumably safe to eat, so I don't really see a problem. As for the complaining about hooves and blood, amazing how detached some meat eaters are from the realities of meat harvesting.
    Waterslide likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with eating roadkill (like for at home consumption), why let the food go to waste, but I also wonder about the timing. It seems unsafe to pick up some deer off the road unless you know it was just hit. What is appropriate roadkill etiquette?
    5 second rule.
    Trixie, Brookie and Kat Scorp like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yeah, the only problem would be whether the meat is good or not. I've also heard that in some ways it's more respectful to eat the meat, like constance spry was saying. I've heard people eating roadkill quite a bit and like twitchy said, at least you know there are no factory chemicals in it.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information