Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Hong Kong billionaire offers $64 Million for man who will marry his gay daughter

Default Hong Kong billionaire offers $64 Million for man who will marry his gay daughter

REUTERS / Bobby Yip
    Gigi Chao, the daughter of Hong Kong property tycoon Cecil Chao Sze-tsung, poses in the conference room of her office in Hong Kong on Sept. 27, 2012

Hong Kong real estate tycoon Cecil Chao Sze-tsung has offered a bounty of almost $65 million for any man who will woo and marry his 33-year-old daughter Gigi Chao. Since then, offers to take Gigiís hand in marriage have been pouring forth from all over the globe. Thereís just one slight problem: Gigiís already taken.
    According to reports, the announcement came on the heels of Gigi Chaoís nuptials to her longtime girlfriend, Sean Yeung, in April. The two reportedly were married in Paris and not in Hong Kong, where gay rights are limited.

In a recent South China Morning Post article, the tycoonís daughter criticized the territoryís conservative views toward homosexuality, saying that it lagged behind the U.S. and even mainland China. (Homosexuality was officially decriminalized in Hong Kong in 1991, but same-sex unions are still not recognized.)
    In an interview with the Telegraph, Gigi said she understood the reasons behind her fatherís actions. ďItís not that he canít accept me,Ē she told the newspaper. ďItís that he canít accept how society would view me and the status that it would incur. Marriage is still a form of social status. I do understand him. I understand why heís doing this.Ē
    Her father, meanwhile, has not publicly acknowledged his daughterís marriage. As he told the Post:
    I do not mind whether [the man who marries Gigi] is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kindhearted. Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work.
    Gigi, who was initially amused by the monetary offer, told the Telegraph she appreciated the gesture. ďAt first I was entertained by it, and then that entertainment turned into the realization and conviction that I am a really lucky girl to have such a loving daddy, because itís really sweet of him to do something like this as an expression of his fatherly love.Ē
    She added, ďBut I donít appreciate getting 1,500 e-mails.Ē

Read more: Hong Kong Billionaire Offers $64 Million for Man to Marry Gay Daughter | NewsFeed | TIME.com

Fuck, I'll marry her.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hustle? Grimm? Here is your big chance!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

This guy's daughter married that crazy woman from "Bladerunner"??? I'd be beside myself, too.
    witchcurlgirl and Laurent like this.

Too much importance placed on social status and impressing others. It's sad he can't just let her live happily with her partner because it would be 'shaming'.

eta: how is offering a bounty going to find a kind and good hearted man like he says he wants?
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

A*O

$65 million to marry a woman you'll probably never even have to talk to? Great logic daddy. I'll do it!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

If I was dude, I would do it. That is a shitload od money.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I'm glad she's amused by his actions rather than hurt. It seems they have a loving relationship otherwise.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

She is very pretty and seems to take this in stride.
    Don't understand the dad though. She would rather her daughter marry someone that didn't love her instead of a woman that obviously does. What is the point? To say "My gay daughter married a man"?

Thread Information