Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By SuriCruise
  • 5 Post By Rusalka
  • 2 Post By sluce
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 3 Post By faithanne

Thread: Hooters Hostess Gives Korean Couple Receipt That Reads ‘Chinx’

Default Hooters Hostess Gives Korean Couple Receipt That Reads ‘Chinx’

A Korean-American is suing Hooters for racial discrimination after a hostess giggled and gawked at him and his girlfriend while taking their takeout order before handing them a receipt that read "chinx."
    Kisuk Cha told the New York Times that he was so shocked and distraught by the employee's behavior he lost his appetite and threw his buffalo shrimp and chicken wings away.
    "He was so overwhelmed that he just wanted to go to bed to sleep, but was too angry to do so," his lawyer wrote in a lawsuit filed Monday afternoon. "This incident has continued to cause him mental anguish. He is haunted by the ridiculing giggles and stares of his persecutor. He does not feel welcome at Hooters and indeed questions whether he is welcomed at any non-Korean establishments."
    Hooters' local HR director apologized profusely and the 17-year-old hostess responsible for the racial receipt slur identified herself to management and resigned, but Cha is still upset. "Recently I got my U.S. citizenship," he said, "and I realized, like, this isn't something I expected when I became a U.S. citizen."

Yesterday, we wrote about the restaurant chain's sad, sad plans to appeal to the ladies. Maybe they need to take a few steps back and train their employees how to be basic human beings, first.

Hooters Hostess Gives Korean Couple Receipt That Reads 'Chinx'

What an immature little bitch the waitress is.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

That waitress can fuck off back to the gutter she came from.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Kisuk Cha told the New York Times that he was so shocked and distraught by the employee's behavior he lost his appetite and threw his buffalo shrimp and chicken wings away.
    "He was so overwhelmed that he just wanted to go to bed to sleep, but was too angry to do so," his lawyer wrote in a lawsuit filed Monday afternoon. "This incident has continued to cause him mental anguish. He is haunted by the ridiculing giggles and stares of his persecutor. He does not feel welcome at Hooters and indeed questions whether he is welcomed at any non-Korean establishments."
    Ok, the waitress is a dumb racist fuck, but does the above not seem ridiculous to anyone? I mean, the girl isn't working there anymore, Hooters has issued an apology, is it really necessary to initiate a lawsuit and moan about the mental anguish this has caused him? Seems like overkill to me.
    sluce, Ravenna, Bluebonnet and 2 others like this.

Who are these waiters and waitresses that continue to write shit like this on receipts? Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Ok, the waitress is a dumb racist fuck, but does the above not seem ridiculous to anyone? I mean, the girl isn't working there anymore, Hooters has issued an apology, is it really necessary to initiate a lawsuit and moan about the mental anguish this has caused him? Seems like overkill to me.
    I agree the complaints in the lawsuit are over the top, but I can't get past the racist part of this. I think I just purposely ignore the lawsuit parts of stories and move on to the why at this point. Obviously, plenty of people have been on the receiving end of even worse racism and they don't go around suing everyone that giggles at them.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Why is anyone allowing their 17 year old daughter to work at Hooters?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Why is anyone allowing their 17 year old daughter to work at Hooters?
    I was really ignoring that part. I know I shouldn't make generalizations, but in this case the kind of parents who have brought up a 17 year old to act like this?
    sluce likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Hooter's has takeout??? What's the point of that? Isn't the whole point of the place to sit their eating greasy wings and ogling waitresses???

Here is a copy of the receipt... It also looks like the hostess/waitress name is Shenika, she should be found and made to feel ashamed for being a racist bitch. But noooo lets sue sue sue!
    Last edited by Butterfly; September 12th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Oh the fight to keep my fingers still.......
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Wasn't there a story a few months ago of a customer writing on the receipt telling the waitress she needed to lose weight?
    Last edited by Butterfly; September 12th, 2012 at 03:25 PM.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

I thought her name was going to be Jazmine or Kandy, but Shenika works too.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Well, let's see what thoughts 4chan has on Shenika.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Maybe, but it's not up to me to tell someone to suck it up. I'm not Korean and don't have to constantly deal with this racist bullshit so I can't really judge somebody else's reaction.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Thread Information