Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shooting at Texas A&M

Unhappy Shooting at Texas A&M

Multiple people, officers shot near Texas A&M campus; Suspect in custody

A gunman shot multiple people near the campus of Texas A&M University early Monday afternoon before being taken into custody (KHOU)

(CBS/AP) COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas police took a shooter into custody Monday after receiving reports of multiple injuries near the Texas A&M University campus, officials said.

College Station Police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton told The Dallas Morning News that law enforcement officers are among "multiple injuries" at the scene, which she says is within a block or two of campus. Seaton says she does know the extent of the injuries. Multiple calls to Seaton's cellphone from The Associated Press went straight to voicemail Monday afternoon. Text messages and emails also were left for the spokeswoman.

A witness told CBS affiliate KHOU by phone that the suspect was firing shots from a house near the campus.

The university issued an alert on its website just before 12:30 p.m. warning of an active shooter near the campus football stadium, Kyle Field. The warning told residents and students to avoid the area, and was later updated with the shooter taken into custody.

Texas A&M spokeswoman Sherylon Carroll could not confirm any injuries or details about the shooting, but said most students were not on campus Monday and the fall semester does not begin until August 27.

"It appeared to be fairly quiet," Carroll said of campus. "It didn't appear to be a lot of people out and about at that particular time."

College Station is about 90 miles northwest of Houston. Texas A&M is home to more than 50,000 students, according to its website.

Multiple people, officers shot near Texas A&M campus; Suspect in custody - CBS News

We can only pray injuries are minor...
    MsChiff likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So sad! Thank god no one was killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    So sad! Thank god no one was killed.
    Our news says one police officer died. Another wounded. Police trying to serve an eviction notice,apparemtly.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

MSNBC says a constable, a civilian and the shooter are all dead. Several other officers injured, but not by gun fire.

People are flipping crazy nowdays. Wonder what this guys excuse or problem was that he needed to open gun fire? Sickening,...

God, there was a similar story that happened here in California not too long ago.

I think a sheriff deputy, a landlord or maintenance man were shot and killed by the guy they were trying to evict. Then he set fire to the house and I think he died, too.

Tragic.

Scary! We drop off my middle daughter at college on Sunday. (freshman year) She plays soccer so she has to go a week and a half before school starts. I always hate hearing stories like this,....but especially now.

We moved my nephew to College Station on Sunday...this was a little scary for me.

At least they got the word out fast,that should make you all feel better.

How did they notify the students, Mel? I would assume they send out a mass text message to the students. That would be scary knowing your loved one is at that college and that shit going down so close. Glad he is safe.

He found out when his mom called him and said "WHERE the hell are YOU! Have you heard about this shooting??!" and he was all "What shooting, mom?"... So, maybe because he doesn't start school for another 1.5 weeks, they haven't set him up as a current student to be notified, I don't know how they handle that. He went to Mary Hardin Baylor last year so, this will be his first semester at A&M.

This is so sad, all over an eviction too! Not worth it.

When I was a senior in college our school sent out emergency text messages to students who signed up for notifications. The bank across the street was robbed and the man ran to our campus and was spotted with a gun near the first floor of my building. We were on the 3rd floor and since the doors didn't lock for fire reasons, we had to stack every chair and desk against the door to block it, then hide in the corners and be silent as possible. I was actually cool as a cucumber and was calming other students who were crying. It was a stressful situation. The police came, SWAT, etc. I think we were locked down for 2 hours. It was scary, they caught they guy somewhere on campus and cancelled classes for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    We moved my nephew to College Station on Sunday...this was a little scary for me.
    Shit, i would have freaked out. Actually I did a little after the batman shootings, and that was when I already knew my boy was alright.

Actually I'm surprised that eviction shootings don't happen more often. More than half of this country is fucking broke and at the end of their ropes. Yes, the landlords are entitled to their money, but what can people do when they can't find work? They have to live somewhere. Its just a no win situation.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Shit, i would have freaked out. Actually I did a little after the batman shootings, and that was when I already knew my boy was alright.

Actually I'm surprised that eviction shootings don't happen more often. More than half of this country is fucking broke and at the end of their ropes. Yes, the landlords are entitled to their money, but what can people do when they can't find work? They have to live somewhere. Its just a no win situation.
    I'm afraid this is one of many to come, you know? Shit is just getting really bad for some people - that doesn't justify killing people - and they are reacting BADLY!

On HLN this morning, it's come out that this guy seemed to be suffering from some kind of long-standing psychosis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information