Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Homosexuality 'can be cured by yoga'

Default Homosexuality 'can be cured by yoga'

...says one yoga guru

A recent judgement by the Delhi high court that homosexuality should be decriminalised is being challenged.

Swami Baba Ramdev, a yoga guru, filed the challenge saying homosexuality was a “disease” and could be cured by yoga.

According to the Indian Express, he said: “It can be treated like any other congenital defect. Such tendencies can be treated by yoga, pranayama (breathing exercises) and other meditation techniques.”

Ramdev is an influential figure among middle-class Hindu families, who regularly watch his health programmes on television. According to previous reports, he has made various claims as to the benefits of yoga, saying it can cure diseases such as AIDS, cancer and leukaemia.

His challenge comes just after an astrologer, Suresh Kumar Kaushal, also filed a petition against the decision, He argued that if gay sex is legalised, “tomorrow people might seek permission for having sex with animals”.

The Delhi High Court ruled on July 2nd that a ban on gay sex between adults violates India’s constitution.

Section 377 was enacted in 1860 under the British Raj, in line with the anti-sodomy laws in England at the time.

It punishes anyone who “voluntarily has carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animal” by imprisonment and criminalises a whole range of sexual acts from mutual masturbation, to fellatio and anal sex.

Chief Justice A P Shah and Justice S Muralidahr said the ban violated fundamental human rights.

The ruling said: “In the Indian Constitution, the right to live with dignity and the right of privacy both are recognised as dimensions of Article 21. Section 377 IPC denies a person’s dignity and criminalises his or her core identity solely on account of his or her sexuality and thus violates Article 21 of the Constitution. As it stands, Section 377 IPC denies a gay person a right to full personhood which is implicit in notion of life under Article 21 of the Constitution.”
    Source: http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/07/09...ured-by-yoga/#
    "Sometimes, I find a finger works just as well."

Is he planning on running for political office in the US? He'd fit right in, but I'd need to have confirmation that he hates women too in order to take him seriously.
    TheFarSide likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

ORLY now?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

"Sometimes, I find a finger works just as well."

Christian "pray the gay away" is useless, but with this method, you'll be toned, limber AND straight!
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

OF course it does! Dur!

[YOUTUBE]1ytCEuuW2_A[/YOUTUBE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Well Ms. Diva goes to Yoga twice a week with my bff's wife and it isn't working dipshit Guru!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I am trying to picture Grimm or Hustle in a yoga suit. It is just not working.
    MsChiff and hustle4alivin like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

You know what's a disease? unkempt beards and orange robes from last season.
    McJag, Serendipity, MsDark and 3 others like this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

He argued that if gay sex is legalised, “tomorrow people might seek permission for having sex with animals
    Yes, passing that law would cause many people who currently have no inclination towards sex with animals to develop the urge. It's magic.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I'm just a bill
    Yes, I'm only a bill
    And if they vote for me on Capitol Hill
    Well, then I'm off to the White House
    Where I'll wait in a line
    With a lot of other bills
    For the president to sign
    And if he signs me, then I'll be a law.
    How I hope and pray that he will,
    But today I am still just a bill.
    Waterslide and hustle4alivin like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Ugh! Bitch!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

greys, I'm feeling some tension. Do we need to hug it out in this thread 'o hate?

Call me crazy, but for some reason I don't think being in a room full of men, dressed in spandex or the like, while they are doing the "downward dog" is going to make me less gay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information