• 7 Post By SHELLEE
  • 4 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 5 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 2 Post By greysfang

Thread: Teacher admits to slapping teen during confrontation over saggy pants

mjw
    Elite Member

Default Teacher admits to slapping teen during confrontation over saggy pants

ANSON COUNTY, NC (WBTV) -
    An Anson County teacher, and decorated military veteran, is facing the possibility that she may not have a job much longer after she admits that she slapped a teen student during a confrontation over saggy pants.

Pat Frost is an English as a second language teacher for Anson County Schools.

Frost, who has been teaching for 13 years, says the confrontation happened back on June 5, 2012 at Anson High School.

She says an 18-year-old student, Jonathan Smith, was walking around with saggy pants and she asked him to pull up his pants.

In a letter from her attorney, Frost says the teen refused to pull up his pants and refused to identify himself. Frost claims that he told her to "get the [expletive] out of his way" and shoved past her.

Frost began to follow the student, who reportedly became agitated and yelled that he would "[expletive] her up" and began to charge at her, according to Frost's attorney.

"I've heard kids cursing, using the f-word […] being disrespectful, but never to this extent," Frost told WBTV.

"Fearing she was about to be hit, Pat tried to create distance with the student and slapped him in the face in that effort," the letter read. "He responded by striking Pat in the head. He then took off his shirt and started pounding on nearby cars in the parking lot yelling that he was going to get her fired and hoped that she would be killed."

Wadesboro Police told WBTV that the incident was caught on tape.

When asked why she followed the teen outside of the school - why didn't she get the principal or the school resource officer, she replied "I didn't know where the principal was. All I wanted to do was get his name and that would have been it."

Frost was suspended by the school district after the incident was reported. Frost and Smith have filed criminal charges against one another.

Frost's attorney, Josh Van Kampen, says her suspension sends the wrong message to teachers.

"It's not going to get better by running away. I believe students get away with things because teachers are scared," Frost told WBTV. "It's not about me keeping my job. It's about teachers being safe. Children need to be safe and teachers need to be safe."

Smith's mom told WBTV that Frost needs to lose her job.

District Superintendent Dr. Greg Firn told WBTV's Sharon Smith that the incident is still part of an active investigation. He has another month to make a recommendation to the school board about Frost's future with the school district.

It's possible the district will wait until the criminal case is resolved against Frost before making a decision. The case is slated to head to court in three weeks.

There is an online campaign to let Frost keep her job and so far, nearly 600 people have signed the petition.

Teacher admits to slapping teen during confrontation over saggy - 14 News, WFIE, Evansville, Henderson, Owensboro

You coudn't pay me any amount of money to be a teacher.
    greysfang, McJag, Laurent and 4 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

You don't "create distance" by slapping someone. That escalates a situation. She followed him and laid hands on him first. Bitch deserves to be fired. I'm not going to feel sorry for some violent hothead because they're a "decorated military veteran". She needs to control herself.
    MsChiff, stef, Muse and 1 others like this.
    "I feel like the red carpet question 'who are you wearing?' has Texas Chainsaw undertones." -- Richard Ayoade

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    You coudn't pay me any amount of money to be a teacher.
    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    You don't "create distance" by slapping someone. That escalates a situation. She followed him and laid hands on him first. Bitch deserves to be fired. I'm not going to feel sorry for some violent hothead because they're a "decorated military veteran". She needs to control herself.
    I agree with you both. One, you couldn't pay me enough to put up with the shit teachers and school faculty put up with. The stories my mother would tell me were scary. Second graders bringing knives to school and calling teachers fucking cunts. I can't imagine high school.

But, I also think the woman needs to control herself. You can't go around hitting students, even if you think they deserve it.

I agree teachers shouldn't lay a hand on kids. However, teachers are human not saints. And dealing with some punkass cursing and charging at you, well, I can't say i wouldn't react defensively and give a smack to get him to stop.

Too bad they took corporal punishment out of schools.
    MsChiff, Beeyotch, dexter7 and 2 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Yeah, because that was never abused by sadistic old bats.
    Jazzy likes this.
    "I feel like the red carpet question 'who are you wearing?' has Texas Chainsaw undertones." -- Richard Ayoade

Yeah, because that was never abused by sadistic old bats.
    Curious, are you speaking from personal experience?
    "Sometimes, I find a finger works just as well."

The strap was alive and well at the elementary school I went to and that was the '70s. It deterred nothing.

Yeah, for me too and I don't recall anyone calling teachers fucking cunts. Maybe in the high school, but not in elementary or middle school. But then back in the day, there was no delusion that every precious snowflake needed a diploma and s degree and they just would have kicked a high schooler out for such behavior. Instead society decided to hand the power to the kids, so now teachers are outnumbered 25ish to 1 and have no recourse for discipline problems.
    Jazzy and MsChiff like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

IMO, too many kids have no concept of personal responsibility, nor respect for others. So I third "you couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher".
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

i agree, especially since this happened because she couldn't deal with him wearing saggy pants. this is such a non-issue, if a 18-year-old wants to look like a douche and wear saggy pants then let him wear his pants and walk away. it's not like she caught him vandalizing school property or beat up a fellow student. this guy sounds like an angry idiot and i hope he faces consequences, too, but slapping him was just wrong.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

The teacher was wrong, that much is clear. However, I do agree that kids don't seem to have any concept of personal responsibility and they need better damn manners /old biddy.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I wonder if she's a properly qualified teacher or simply part of the horrendous Troops to Teachers scheme? It wouldn't be at all surprising if she's part of the latter; it's an abomination.
    Rest in Peace my beautiful little Bonnie

07/01/92 - 12/03/09

Thread Information