Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KrisNine
  • 1 Post By OrangeSlice
  • 1 Post By yanna

Thread: Teen in Trouble for Tweeting Photo of Dying Man Instead of Helping Him Out

Default Teen in Trouble for Tweeting Photo of Dying Man Instead of Helping Him Out

19-year-old Ikram Choudhury of Edinburgh, Scotland, could face charges for photographing a hit-and-run victim who lay dying by the side of the road, and then driving away without calling for help.

Choudhury, who stopped and exited his vehicle so he could take a photo of the man, set off a local firestorm after he tweeted the pic underneath the caption "Eeeehm wtf? Some guy just casually lying outside Ocean Terminal."

The teen, who had not called emergency services to report the injured man, was asked by his followers if he did anything to assist the man. "what if like i went over n he like tried doin some dodgy shit to me?" he replied. Choudhury later deleted his entire Twitter account.

According to the Daily Record, the injured man was treated by police officers who showed up nearly a quarter-hour after Choudhury's tweet. Paramedics arrived soon after and rushed the man to the hospital, but his injuries were too severe, and he passed away a short time later.

Police are still on the hunt for a silver Vauxhall Astra they believe was responsible for the hit-and-run.

Choudhury was interrogated at his parents' home yesterday, but has yet to be charged with a crime.

Teen in Trouble for Tweeting Photo of Dying Man Instead of Helping Him Out
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Seriously...What in the fuck is wrong with people? I mean, he's 19 not 13.
    zzzz_what likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Young 'uns today, spoilt rotten by all this new fangled Twittery technology stuff. When we found a dead body we had to settle for calling the police to get our entertainment.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

What an epic asshole.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Hit-and-run victim's sister hits out at Twitter idiot

LISA WILLIAMS said her brother Craig “could still be here” if Ikram Choudhury had dialled 999 instead.

Craig Williams was killed in a hit and run
    THE sister of a man who died in a hit-and-run tragedy has hit out at the teenager who tweeted a photo of him as he lay unconscious in a bus lane.
    Lisa Williams said her brother Craig “could still be here” if Ikram Choudhury had dialled 999 instead.
    Craig, 35, fell asleep in a bus lane in the early hours of Sunday after a night on the town in Edinburgh.
    Choudhury, 17, saw the hotel worker and posted his picture on Twitter.
    It remains unclear whether he had already been struck by a car or was run over shortly after.
    Craig, of the capital’s Clermiston, died from his injuries in hospital
    later on Sunday morning.

Ikram Choudhury The dead man’s sister has posted a link to the Record’s coverage of the incident on her Facebook page.
    Lisa, of Barry, south Wales, wrote: “If he had called an ambulance instead of taking a photo and putting it in Twitter my brother could still be here.”
    Her disgust at Choudhury’s actions were shared by her friends.
    Sharon Jones said: “Hope he needs help some day and someone takes pics of him and leaves him.”
    Gayle Sheppard wrote: “Absolutely disgusting. Can’t believe another human being can behave in this manner.”
    Choudhury, who took the picture from the passenger seat as a friend drove him home from a workout at a 24-hour gym, faced a furious backlash from other Twitter users.
    He later apologised for his actions.
    And his distressed uncle told us on Monday: “The boy never thought this could happen and he is in a state of deep shock.
    “He has never been in a situation like that in his life and because it was night time, he did not want to get out the car.”
    Police probing Craig’s death are treating Choudhury, of Canonmills, Edinburgh, as a witness and criminal proceedings against him are unlikely.
    They have quizzed a 25-year-old motorist who came forward following publicity about the incident, near the Ocean Terminal shopping centre in Leith.
    He was released pending further inquiries.

Anger over Twitter pic idot - Daily Record
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

How exactly does one fall asleep in the bus lane?

^^ drunk, i guess.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Well, ok, sue me but I don't call the police for every drunk/junkie etc I see lying on the pavement or the side of the street. I don't post their pic on twitter either but that's just a generation thing, I suppose. Unless the guy had obvious injuries it's not fair to crucify this kid.

That said, if soemone is unconscious and in the path of coming cars I would call emergency services or try to help them move, not sure exactly how dangerous it is to be where this guy was.
    deenz likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

People do fall asleep at the wheel who aren't necessarily drunk or junkies, ya know. Maybe he just worked a 16 hour shift at some job. Maybe he was on meds for a condition.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Awful. Generally people are very disconnected from reality lately. I remember helping out a homeless man who had been thrown out of a bar near where I lived, he was bleeding from his face and incoherent, we bandaged him up. I was in my early 20s. It wasn't a big deal to me at the time to help someone out who was unable to help themself.

Police showed 15 minutes after which seems like a pretty reasonable response time for them to have been called right around the time the kid took the picture. So him being the one to call probably wouldn't have made much difference to the guy's survival.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Silver Member

I thought it sounded like someone saw his twitter picture and called.

That guy is a moron. He obviously knew something was wrong or he wouldn't take a picture.

Thread Information