Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By McJag
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By OrangeSlice

Thread: Man Who Saved Mouse from Being Eaten By Cat Catches Black Plague

Default Man Who Saved Mouse from Being Eaten By Cat Catches Black Plague

An Oregon man has come down with a case of the common Black Death after rescuing a mouse from the clutches of a stray cat.

He is currently in critical condition and is being treated with antibiotics at the St. Charles Medical Center in Bend.

The man was bitten two weeks ago in the process of pulling the mouse out of the cat's mouth, but it remains unknown which animal was infected with the disease. The cat has since died, and its body has been sent to the CDC for analysis. However, the black plague bacterium, Yersinia pestis, is typically transmitted through rodents who are bitten by carrier fleas.

Since record-keeping began in 1934, Oregon hospitals have documented multiple cases of black plague the same disease that reduced Europe's population by as much as two-thirds during the 14th century but only five since 1995. In all those years, only four people have died after contracting the ailment.

"This can be a serious illness," said Oregon's public health veterinarian Emilio DeBess. "But it is treatable with antibiotics, and it's also preventable."

DeBess offered some advice to those looking to avoid coming into contact with the terrible illness: "Taking a mouse out of a cat's mouth is probably not a good idea."

Man Who Saved Mouse from Being Eaten By Cat Catches Black Plague
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

was it his pet mouse or did he just think it was wrong for a cat to eat a mouse?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    was it his pet mouse or did he just think it was wrong for a cat to eat a mouse?
    Since it was a stray cat I'm thinking stray mouse also. This man need to mind his own business and let nature take its course. I guess he knows that now.
    *DIVA! and analyzer like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Tis the summer for rare diseases. The woman that got necrotizing fasciitis, now this guy with the bubonic plague. If there is a smallpox epidemic this year, those Mayans might be on to something.

^or just a couple of lids came unscrewed in some medical research facilities... Maybe on purpose. Maybe not. I am not a rabid conspiratory theorist but this I can imagine happening.

Who stops a stray cat from eating a mouse? Its what they are supposed to do.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Besides Pippin?
    nancydrew likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Dumbass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Reminds me of the guy out here in San Bernadino that dropped off a dead, rabid bat at the police station. Never heard if the guy has been found or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    ^or just a couple of lids came unscrewed in some medical research facilities... Maybe on purpose. Maybe not. I am not a rabid conspiratory theorist but this I can imagine happening.
    Well, I am a rabid conspiracy theorist. But it's viruses, not bacteria, we believe big pharma will disperse to make profit through vaccines. The pestis bacterium just floats around; the occasional person being infected isn't a surprise. I once tried to save a wild bird from the teeth of a domesticated cat, so I won't say anything about bloke trying to save a mouse.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

Stray cats gotta eat, so yeah, he's a dumbass.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

When in doubt, let Mickey get eaten. *everybody sings Circle of Life*
    *DIVA! likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Nature, red in tooth and claw.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Thread Information