Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By dolem
  • 1 Post By DeadDwarf
  • 1 Post By SHELLEE

Thread: Unabomber Sorry He Canít Make Harvard Class Reunion But Heís Still In Prison

Default Unabomber Sorry He Canít Make Harvard Class Reunion But Heís Still In Prison

Ted Kaczynski, better known to mail recipients everywhere as the Unabomber, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing three people and injuring nearly two dozen others, so it came as little surprise to his former Harvard classmates that he was unable to attend their 50th class reunion.

Still, Kaczynski was kind enough to send along a very necessary update to his bio for the Class of 1962's alumni report.

In his succinct entry for the so-called "red book," Kaczynski listed his current occupation as "prisoner," and, under "awards," wrote "Eight life sentences, issued by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 1998."

Kaczynski also mentions that his book, Technological Slavery, was published by Feral House in 2010, and is available wherever Neo-Luddite manifestos are sold.

Though it initially said Kaczynski's entry was within the red book's guidelines, the Harvard Alumni Association has since released a statement saying it regretted publishing it, and apologizing "for any distress that it may have caused others."

Susan Mosser, widow of Unabomber victim Thomas Mosser, said she was "disappointed," but acknowledged that not publishing Kaczynski's update would likely have resulted in a lawsuit against Harvard.

Class of 62 alumnus John Higginson said the entry reflects poorly on Kaczynski, not the school. Another one of Kaczynski's classmates, Gary Peterson, said he found humor in the murderer's notoriety, noting that "he's more famous than anyone else in our class."

Unabomber Sorry He Can't Make Harvard Class Reunion But He's Still In Prison
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Ted Kaczynski, better known to mail recipients everywhere as the Unabomber, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing three people and injuring nearly two dozen others, so it came as little surprise to his former Harvard classmates that he was unable to attend their 50th class reunion.

Still, Kaczynski was kind enough to send along a very necessary update to his bio for the Class of 1962's alumni report.

In his succinct entry for the so-called "red book," Kaczynski listed his current occupation as "prisoner," and, under "awards," wrote "Eight life sentences, issued by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California, 1998."

Kaczynski also mentions that his book, Technological Slavery, was published by Feral House in 2010, and is available wherever Neo-Luddite manifestos are sold.

Though it initially said Kaczynski's entry was within the red book's guidelines, the Harvard Alumni Association has since released a statement saying it regretted publishing it, and apologizing "for any distress that it may have caused others."

Susan Mosser, widow of Unabomber victim Thomas Mosser, said she was "disappointed," but acknowledged that not publishing Kaczynski's update would likely have resulted in a lawsuit against Harvard.

Class of 62 alumnus John Higginson said the entry reflects poorly on Kaczynski, not the school. Another one of Kaczynski's classmates, Gary Peterson, said he found humor in the murderer's notoriety, noting that "he's more famous than anyone else in our class."

Unabomber Sorry He Can't Make Harvard Class Reunion But He's Still In Prison
    I read this on NPR earlier today and cracked up laughing. I know I should, as he wasn't a good person and definitely deserves his prison sentence. But, it's funny...right?
    eboni, CornFlakegrl, sluce and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I read this on NPR earlier today and cracked up laughing. I know I should, as he wasn't a good person and definitely deserves his prison sentence. But, it's funny...right?
    It was on the morning news and I laughed out loud too.
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

I feel bad, but it made me laugh too. I don't know if he was trying to be funny, or if its just the crazy coming off as humor to us sane ones. My brother (the crazy one) has a FB and some of his "friends" think his status updates are sarcasm or jokes at times, but he's just batshit crazy and dead serious with his comments and crazifestos!
    eboni likes this.

Harvard University: Educating Unabombers since 1962.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I also LOL'd
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I laughed too. Funny is funny.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Shit, I started laughing when I read the thread title.
    Rusalka likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^Me too...

Also amused.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thread Information