Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: 4-Year olds accidentally served daiquiris in restaurant

Default 4-Year olds accidentally served daiquiris in restaurant

I've actually been to this restaurant

Children accidentally served alcohol at Clearwater Beach restaurant | TBO.com

Two Bay area moms say a Clearwater restaurant served alcoholic beverages to their 4-year-old sons, sending one to the hospital.

The women, Jamie Goins and Jessica Weatherford, were at Frenchy's South Beach Cafe on Gulfview Boulevard for a Mother's Day outing. They said their children had earned a special treat, so they ordered the kids alcohol-free strawberry daiquiris.

Goins said her son finished his drink in about 10 minutes. She said he then "started acting a little strange, falling asleep, stumbling over things then he started vomiting.

"It was not good."

Weatherford's son didn't have as much to drink.

It wasn't until they looked at the receipt and asked about the $6 non-alcoholic drinks that they suspected the drinks contained alcohol.

"Right then, I told [the waitress] that we had a problem because you served two 4-year-olds, and one of them is extremely intoxicated," Weatherford said.

The mothers contacted police, and Goins' son was taken to a local hospital in an ambulance.

A Clearwater police spokeswoman said it was discovered a waitress had pressed the wrong button for the drink order and the boys were served alcoholic beverages. The spokeswoman said no charges are pending because they believe it was an accident.

The Frenchy's corporate office said it had no comment on the incident.

The mothers said they were contacted by workers at the restaurant checking to see if the children were all right. They say they want to see a system put in place to keep errors like this from happening again.

"Something needs to be done so it doesn't happen to another child, where they die," Goins said.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; May 22nd, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

Lightweight. Kid needs to man up, daiquiris are for chicks

"Something needs to be done so it doesn't happen to another child, where they die," Goins said.
    Well, gee, maybe then parents shouldn't go into a restaurant and order a "non-alcoholic" version of an adult's mixed drink from the bar as a "treat" for their kids without taking a sip first to make sure that the "virgin" daiquiri was not an alcoholic one considering that they look the exact same. Next time, order the kid a fucking dish of ice cream.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

^You got that right.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Uh yeah!! That was ass on the parents behalf!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Well, gee, maybe then parents shouldn't go into a restaurant and order a "non-alcoholic" version of an adult's mixed drink from the bar as a "treat" for their kids without taking a sip first to make sure that the "virgin" daiquiri was not an alcoholic one considering that they look the exact same. Next time, order the kid a fucking dish of ice cream.
    I served drinks for years and this is exactly what I'd do in this situation just because I'm so used to looking at a drink like this and thinking it an alcoholic one (and have seen how often servers fuck up).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I have nothing to contribute really, because it was an honest mistake.

That said, it reminded me of this video, which I don't know how to put on here, so here is the link instead.

Baby trashes bar in Las Palmas - YouTube

^^Embedding your link

[youtube]cds7lSHawAw[/youtube]
    shedevilang and OrangeSlice like this.

Elite Member

^Thanks, I tried to figure it out. I did a preview thread, and it kept showing as an error, so I said meh.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

They say they want to see a system put in place to keep errors like this from happening again.
    The "system" is you, asshat. You're the kid's mother, know what he's drinking. And don't order traditionally alcoholic drinks for your snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    The "system" is you, asshat. You're the kid's mother, know what he's drinking. And don't order traditionally alcoholic drinks for your snowflake.
    THANK.YOU. So tired of punk-ass parents expecting everyone else to do their damn job as a parent.

What a pair of assholes. Gee, who else needs to be held accountable for your shitty parenting?
    hustle4alivin, eboni and holly like this.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    You are right.
    And ordering alcohol-free strawberry daiquiris for little children as a treat... Somehow I don not think 4 year olds would wish for somthing like that... I think its more about mommy and her big ego.
    eboni likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    I'll go even further...they shouldn't be ordering it at all. Quit treating your kids like mini-adults, they're KIDS, so I agree, order them a kid dessert. They'll have enough time in a few years to steal from your liquor cabinet and make their own mixed drinks. Then you won't think it's so cute, but who taught them, dumbasses?
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by anad View Post
    You are right.
    And ordering alcohol-free strawberry daiquiris for little children as a treat... Somehow I don not think 4 year olds would wish for somthing like that... I think its more about mommy and her big ego.

My parents let us order virgin daquiris or pina coladas, even -omg- shirley temples. Who knew they were egomaniacs?
    Sasha and AllieCat like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information