I've actually been to this restaurant
Children accidentally served alcohol at Clearwater Beach restaurant | TBO.com
Two Bay area moms say a Clearwater restaurant served alcoholic beverages to their 4-year-old sons, sending one to the hospital.
The women, Jamie Goins and Jessica Weatherford, were at Frenchy's South Beach Cafe on Gulfview Boulevard for a Mother's Day outing. They said their children had earned a special treat, so they ordered the kids alcohol-free strawberry daiquiris.
Goins said her son finished his drink in about 10 minutes. She said he then "started acting a little strange, falling asleep, stumbling over things … then he started vomiting.
"It was not good."
Weatherford's son didn't have as much to drink.
It wasn't until they looked at the receipt and asked about the $6 non-alcoholic drinks that they suspected the drinks contained alcohol.
"Right then, I told [the waitress] that we had a problem because you served two 4-year-olds, and one of them is extremely intoxicated," Weatherford said.
The mothers contacted police, and Goins' son was taken to a local hospital in an ambulance.
A Clearwater police spokeswoman said it was discovered a waitress had pressed the wrong button for the drink order and the boys were served alcoholic beverages. The spokeswoman said no charges are pending because they believe it was an accident.
The Frenchy's corporate office said it had no comment on the incident.
The mothers said they were contacted by workers at the restaurant checking to see if the children were all right. They say they want to see a system put in place to keep errors like this from happening again.
"Something needs to be done so it doesn't happen to another child, where they die," Goins said.