Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DeadDwarf
  • 1 Post By MontanaMama
  • 1 Post By greysfang
  • 1 Post By faithanne

Thread: Tennessee Bars Schoolkids From Holding Hands Because It Could Lead to Sex

Default Tennessee Bars Schoolkids From Holding Hands Because It Could Lead to Sex

Tennessee's House of Representatives Friday passed the controversial "Gateway Sexual Activity Bill" by a vote of 68-23, sending it to Gov. Bill Haslam for signing.

The state Senate overwhelmingly approved the bill earlier this month.

Famously ridiculed by Stephen Colbert last month, the bill bans teachers and "outside groups" from "promoting or condoning" what it calls "gateway sexual activity," which opponents say is far too open to interpretation, and could mean anything from a peck on the cheek to a warm embrace to the casual joining of two hands.

The bill puts the onus on teachers and schools to curb these vague "activities," or risk lawsuits from parents. Additionally, sex ed classes are required to "exclusively and emphatically" promote abstinence.

"We want to come and sit on this floor and be arrogant and be aloof, be na´ve, be in denial and say ‘hey we can't tell people what to do,'" Rep. John DeBerry (D-Memphis) told his colleagues prior to Friday's vote.

Memphis had a higher than national average teen sex rate, according to a 2009 Youth Risk Behavior study.

But other legislators, like Rep. Mike Stewart (D-Nashville), feel the bill is too hard on teachers. "It seems like a totally new requirement for teachers and it's a totally new way that teachers can now be subject to discipline," he told The Tennessean.

Tennessee's legislature has spent the last few months debating a slew of eyebrow-raising bills, including the recently ratified "teach the controversy" bill, and the national blight known as "Don't Say Gay."

Tennessee Bars Schoolkids From Holding Hands Because It Could Lead to Sex
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Ah. Another so called slippery slope. These people have too much time to kill.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Lol, this reminds me of the movie plot in Footloose. Let's ban dancing because kids will have sex and become sinners!

How about promote safe sex, spend money on extra curricular activities (arts, sports) in schools and communities to give kids something to do other than sex. In addition to sex-Ed that is realistic about teen sex, send packets home to parents that guide them in having open discussions with their kids about sex and being safe.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

If you don't tell kids about sex, they won't know it's there...be very very quiet.
    BoogsBun likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    If you don't tell kids about sex, they won't know it's there...be very very quiet.
    But they got the Discovery channel, don't they?
    *DIVA! likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

[Youtube]6vxiQ9JCKvE[/Youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Elite Member

What is y'alls problem with this? They are just trying to keep little girls from turning into sluts.

Yea, cause holding hands led me straight to sex!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Yea, cause holding hands led me straight to sex!
    My 4 year old holds hands with her female friends. I think she might end up a lesbian because of it!!! Sound the alarms for preschoolers!!!

The kids won't pay any mind to it. We were allowed to do it in school 20 years ago either. My son said they have to actually stop kids from having sex in between the lockers at his school. And the school just makes it real easy when you can grab a couple of condoms at the health office while changing classes. So I think hand holding is the least of the problems now!

Sounds like another way for parents to not take responsibility for their own shitty parenting and make teachers responsible. Why would anyone want to become a teacher if you could be sued by a parent because their kid gets knocked up?
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Thread Information