Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Yet again, Vegas' Heart Attack Grill lives up to its name...

Default Yet again, Vegas' Heart Attack Grill lives up to its name...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyl...-attack-grill/

The Heart Attack Grill in Las Vegas has lived up to its name, yet again. A woman is recovering after she collapsed at the restaurant Saturday night.

The woman, a Las Vegas resident in her 40s, was eating a double bypass burger, smoking cigarettes and having a margarita, said the restaurant’s owner, Jon Basso.

She was found unconscious at the restaurant and during the resuscitation, said Basso, who’s been following her condition. She’s doing okay and is now recovering at the hospital he said.

With customers from around the world, “It’s the mecca for unhealthy lifestyles,” he said.

The seven-year-old restaurant was just awarded the Guinness World Record for “Highest Calorie Hamburger” for its 9,983 calorie “Quadruple Bypass Burger.”

The Heart Attack Grill offers menu items like the Butterfat Shake and fries deep fried in lard. They let anyone eat for free who weighs over 350 pounds, determining their weight after they step on one of the restaurant’s cattle scales.

A year ago, the restaurant’s nearly 600 pound spokesmodel died at the age of 29 years old. In February, a male customer in his 40s suffered a heart attack after eating the 6,000 calorie “Triple Bypass Burger.”

Surprisingly, little medical evidence proves that eating one of the over-the-top burgers can cause an immediate heart attack.

“There is some evidence that a high-fat meal can transiently affect the blood vessels – but little support for the idea that a high-fat meal can trigger a heart attack,” said Dr. Harlan Krumholz, professor of medicine at Yale University.

“Poor diet certainly does seem that it can contribute to risk over time, but no one has yet shown that it has an immediate effect that can precipitate the heart attack,” said Krumholz.

The Heart Attack Grill’s owner has had a single bypass burger every day since the restaurant opened.

“It’s a lifestyle issue,” said Basso. “We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers.”

I eat shit sometimes, but even I wouldn't eat there!! Lard?? Lard??
    hustle4alivin likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I eat shit sometimes, but even I wouldn't eat there!! Lard?? Lard??
    Okay? Even my country relatives who live in the backwoods of Mississippi don't even fool with lard anymore.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Heart Attack Grill Menu 1

Heart Attack Grill Menu 2
    BITTER likes this.

They deep fry the fries in lard, boggles my mind!! I haven't seen or heard of anyone cooking in lard since the 80's!! WTF??
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Actually, from what I've read, you are much better off eating stuff made with lard than with that hydrogenated fat crap.
    WhateverLolaWants and Sasha like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

My great-grandparents cooked with lard . . . back in the middle 20th century. They also worked like dogs out in the fields from sun-up to sundown, which most people don't do now. It's just unnecessary to cook with that shit, and it doesn't make anything taste worth a heart attack or stroke.

6000 calorie burger? That's fucking disgusting.
    *DIVA! and hustle4alivin like this.

We used to have chip wagons in the city I lived and they deep fried all their home cut fries in lard and they were the most delicious fries ever.

my daughter and I were in Vegas in Feb, took some pics of this place but didn't go in. Hub and i are going to Vegas in October, and he wants to eat there. So, i'll go, but i won't eat.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Yuegh, I can't even imagine. My body feels like crap after a single at Five Guys, much less all this
    Brookie likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I had a hamburger on the weekend that was topped with tons of cheese, bacon, deep fried spicy shrimp AND poutine. I NEVER eat shit like this, but just couldn't resist trying it. After I ate it I felt sick as a dog. I think it actually put me off hamburgers forever.

They let anyone eat for free who weighs over 350 pounds, determining their weight after they step on one of the restaurant’s cattle scales.
    Not to sound ~sensitive~ or anything but that sounds really degrading. :/
    Serendipity and hustle4alivin like this.

I want to eat there once.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    I had a hamburger on the weekend that was topped with tons of cheese, bacon, deep fried spicy shrimp AND poutine. I NEVER eat shit like this, but just couldn't resist trying it. After I ate it I felt sick as a dog. I think it actually put me off hamburgers forever.
    But how did it taste?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    Not to sound ~sensitive~ or anything but that sounds really degrading. :/
    And why ENCOURAGE bad eating habits? Give it away for free! Gee, GREAT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information