Thread: "Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie splits from wife

Default "Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie splits from wife

Pregnant Man Thomas Beatie and Wife Separate

By Mike Fleeman

Update Friday April 20, 2012 08:15 AM EDT
    Originally posted Thursday April 19, 2012 05:15 PM EDT

"Pregnant Man" Thomas Beatie with family
    Courtesy CBS Television Distribution/Stage 29 Productions

Thomas Beatie, who gained fame as the world's first known legal man to give birth, has split from his wife of nine years.

Beatie revealed the breakup with Nancy during a taping of the syndicated TV show The Doctors in which he also said he had undergone a final female-to-male gender reassignment surgery.

"Nancy hasn’t seen the new me yet," Beatie, 38, says.

"Like all marriages, we have our ups and downs, and we’re going through a rough patch right now. At the moment, we’re separated."

Beatie began life as a woman and legally switched to a male identity, while preserving his female reproductive organs. He made headlines in 2007 after pictures of his bearded face and pregnant belly became public.

Nancy, 49, had two children from a previous marriage but was no longer able to get pregnant following a hysterectomy. The couple have since had two more children.

The Doctors episode with Beatie airs Monday, May 7. Check local listings.
    Pregnant Man Separates from Wife : People.com

I hate the way the media portrays this man, he has woman parts to give birth - so stop spinning it like he was using his testicles instead of eggs. Maybe I'm just pissy bc when this stuff first came out I thought, "FINALLY! I'm off the hook for child birth!"

That being said, I really hate to see marriages with children involved end. Period.
    Dubah likes this.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

No idea why this relationship didn't work. Never seen that one coming
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Yeah, she is a lesbian whose partner turned herself into a himself. What a shocker.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think this guy is just one ol' big famewhore who thought this "pregnant man" schtick would make him rich and famous. He had not one, but three kids, and was quoted as saying he wanted a fourth--even though a year ago, he and his wife lost their business, their home, filed bankruptcy and were a reported 3 million in debt, including $330,000 in credit card debt:

Thomas Beatie (aka the Pregnant Man) wants another baby
    March 29, 2011 at 6:42 am

Thomas Beatie was dubbed the Pregnant Man after becoming the first transgender man to have a baby (in June of 2008). But now he’s making headlines again.

Thomas and his wife Nancy went on to welcome two more children; they are currently parents to Susan, 2 1/2, Austin, 20 months, and Jensen, 7 months. But it’s not another baby announcement that has people talking this time. The family is in severe debt, which has forced them into bankruptcy and has them living on food stamps. According to Celebrity Baby Scoop, “Reports say that the Beaties annual self-employment income dropped from over $300,000 in 2008 to negative $16,000 in 2010. The stock market crash wiped out their savings and their T-shirt printing business failed, leading to their home in Bend, Oregon going into foreclosure. According to their bankruptcy documents, the Beaties are over $3 million in debt, which includes over $330,000 for credit cards and over $14,000 in medical expenses.”

However, Thomas reveals that the family still has plans for a fourth child (despite the fact that they claim to only have $150 currently in their bank account.”

According to Thomas, It has been a very difficult year. We never thought we would leave Bend. We planned on staying there and raising our children. But the children remind me every day what’s important. They are our motivation to succeed and press on.”

He added, “We are staying positive and we’re determined to make this a good family home. We’re both strong people and we’ve been through worse things in our lives. People might think this will have affected us and brought us down, but we refuse to let things beat us, and we don’t want anyone’s sympathy.”

Maybe his thoughts of becoming a surrogate could earn him some cash…

Thomas Beatie (aka the Pregnant Man) wants another baby | Find out celebrity baby news, pregnant celebrities, famous babies, celebrity baby names and more!

He's talking about having more kids, being a surrogate (in another story linked at the one above) oh and I also found an old story on TMZ where he said HE, not Chaz Bono, should have been the first transgender on DWTS.

Where the hell did he get the money for more gender reassignment surgery? A year after losing his house filing bankruptcy, and living on food stamps? He seems as nutty and delusional as Octomom. I can't imagine why his marriage didn't work out.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This whole situation is so screwed up.

I bet he's hoping for a reality show.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Why not? He is the infamous "Pregnant Man" after all. Surely people would be interested in what his day to day life is like.

I refuse to refer to this person as a "pregnant man". If he has female reproductive organs he is biologically a female and there's nothing remarkable about him carrying a child. It's unfortunate that he and his wife split, but I'm sick of him milking the "pregnant man" angle for press.
    OrangeSlice and Seapharris7 like this.

Thread Information