Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MontanaMama

Thread: Treasure Hunterís Family Continues $130 Million Coca-Cola Stock Claim

Default Treasure Hunterís Family Continues $130 Million Coca-Cola Stock Claim

Treasure Hunterís Family Continues $130 Million Coca-Cola Stock Claim

0 1

Posted on Apr 08, 2012 @ 01:15PM print it send it
    Courtesy Christopher J. Morosoff

By Radar Staff
    He may have died in 2010 but one manís claim that the Coca-Cola Co. owes him $130 million in stock lives on.
    ABC News reports that the California manís family will continue his battle with the giant soft drinks company.
    In 2008 Tony Marohn bought a box of papers for $5 at an estate sale. He later found a Palmer Union Oil Company stock certificate inside. A person named John Wagner had signed it but the line assigning the certificate to someone was left blank. So the self-proclaimed treasure hunter added his name.
    PHOTOS: A-Listers Before They Were Stars
    Chris Morosoff represents Marohnís estate. He says: ďIt was like a blank check. When Tony bought the box he bought this stock certificate. Whoever holds it, whoever puts their name on it, owns it.Ē
    Marohn did some research and found that the Coca-Cola Co. was Palmer Unionís successor. He calculated the company owed him a massive 1.8 million shares of its stock. He contacted them in 2009 and eventually became embroiled in a lawsuit with the giant company. He died of a heart problem before the case could be resolved.
    Coca-Cola lawyers said Marohnís claim was ďmeritless and unfair to the companyís millions of legitimate shareholders.Ē But his family believes he struck liquid gold and vow to fight on in his memory.
    PHOTOS: Stars Without Make-up
    His daughter Jamie Marohn is the estateís executor.
    Says Morosoff: ďItís not so much about the money. For my clientÖitís about her dad.Ē He adds: ďSheís going to finish the fight for her dad.Ē
    Treasure Hunter

Question - wouldn't the company have to apportion something for all "legitimate" stockholders that have share certificates hidden in the back of drawers, etc?
    Free Charmed.

Unless the records show that the particular certificate was cancelled, because it was lost or whatever, and if the math is correct, I'd take that case.
    greysfang likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Unless the records show that the particular certificate was cancelled, because it was lost or whatever, and if the math is correct, I'd take that case.
    Exactly. The fact that Coke's argument is, "But, it's going to make our other shareholders mad," Instead of "The certificate is invalid or void" certainly makes me think the dead man was on to something.

And I have to laugh about the "It's not about the money." The fuck it is. If the pay out was only going to be $5, there's no way the daughter would continue to pay for lawyers and fight a big corporation like Coke. The payout is a huge motivator.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by venue_26 View Post
    the dead man was on to something.
    coke probably offed him.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Thread Information