Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mary Kay Letourneau & Vili Fualaau: One Year Later

Default Mary Kay Letourneau & Vili Fualaau: One Year Later

Ten years ago Vili Fualaau, then a sixth grader in suburban Seattle, and Mary Kay Letourneau, his 34-year-old teacher and a married mother of four, began an affair that produced two children and became a national scandal. This month, the couple will celebrate their one-year wedding anniversary.

Although Letourneau spent seven years in prison for second-degree rape of a child, she and Fualaau never stopped professing their love. Last May, nine months after her release, they were married at a Seattle-area winery.

In its new issue, PEOPLE offers an exclusive look at their life together after a year of marriage. "We do normal things," says Letourneau, 44, who shares a rented three-bedroom beachside house in Normandy Park, Wash., with Fualaau, 22. Recently "we all went out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant, then over to Blockbuster to get a movie."

But there are challenges. Letourneau, who lost her teaching license, and Fualaau, who hopes to become a tattoo artist (they rely on the substantial six-figure fee they received for the TV rights to their wedding), are focused on getting full custody of their daughters Audrey, 8, and Alexis, 7.

For now Fualaau's mother, Soona, who raised the girls while Letourneau was in prison, has custody of them, but in June Letourneau and Fualaau hope a Seattle court will give them custody. "It'll be nice to take the girls to Disneyland and not have to ask the state or notify Vili's mom," says Letourneau.

Her four other kids, from her marriage to Steve Letourneau, are slowly re-entering her life. Last October Steve Jr., 21, told his mother he was moving to Seattle from Anchorage and asked if he could live with her. Mary Claire, 18, a freshman at the Art Institute of Seattle, stays over frequently, and Jacqueline, 12, and Nicholas, 14, also visit regularly.

Still, the situation is complicated for Fualaau. "I feel like I don't really have a place except that I'm their mother's husband," he says. His wife's children "had a mom and dad and then I came into the picture and they think, 'I hate that guy; if he hadn't come along this would never have happened.'"

http://people.aol.com/people/article...191338,00.html

SVZ

Default Re: Mary Kay Letourneau & Vili Fualaau: One Year Later

Source added...

i like his tattoo. The rest is ick.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I agree. Gorgeous tattoo. Apart from that, I'm creeped out by everyone involved in this.
    2 years...

I don't give them to anniversary #2.....

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

The photos are making my skin crawl but I do remember reading an indepth analysis of MKL and her various relationships. She grew up in sick twisted ways and I think she's acted out of that, not that it excuses what she's done..

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

It's kind of weird but in a strange way, since they've managed to stick together through thick and thin, perhaps it really was and is love? *ducks, runs, hides, tries to avoid massive barrage of rotten fruit thrown her way*
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

What on earth could a 13 year old child have to offer a 35 year old woman? Sexually or otherwise? I'm sorry, but to me I just don't think I would have enough in common with someone 22 years my junior to fall in love with them. I think it is sick. You shouldn't have anything more than a maternal feeling towards a child of 13 if you are 35. I think she should have been in jail far longer than the 7 years that she served.
    Sure-he seduced her. Okay-what is wrong with this picture? She is a grown ass woman with kids older than him-she should have known it was wrong-said no-and stayed the fuck away from him. Apparently he stroked some sick ass part of her ego. How would she have felt if someone did that to one of her kids?
    Love. Right. Sorry, but I don't buy the 'good for them-they stuck it out'...they stuck it out against the court's rulings and by any moral law there could possibly be.

I dated a man way older than me when I was 25 (he had just turned 60). I had absoulutely nothing in common with him. Nothing. We didn't like the same music, the same movies, the same anything. What I thought was 'hip' he thought was outrageous. What I thought was old fashioned and outdated, he thought was good. I guess it happens everyday, but I just can't wrap my head around it...
    Last edited by sweetrebel; May 8th, 2006 at 04:33 PM.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch
    It's kind of weird but in a strange way, since they've managed to stick together through thick and thin, perhaps it really was and is love? *ducks, runs, hides, tries to avoid massive barrage of rotten fruit thrown her way*
    i agree with this...it IS totally creepy and abnormal, but these two obviously share something. it's been ten years.

SVZ

I don't think "Hey you're that chick that fucked the 13 year old" is a good way to start a date.

HAHAHA. indeed, svz. indeed.

that said, who the hell woulda thunk they'd outlast all of the trials, tabloids, and prison sentences? i agree it's twisted...VERY twisted...but surprising.

Sweetrebel about summed it up for me.

I feel really strongly about this. Ok, they're together after ten years. So? What else was MKL going to do? Her entire life was bulldozed by this profound lack of judgment (or sociopathic disregard for societal norms & the feelings of others, depending upon your perspective). This MUST work for her, or it will all have been in vain, and she will have to look in the mirror & acknowledge herself as the selfish unstable person she really is. She will have to admit that she sacrificed her career, her children and her reputation for this molestation. (Her marriage was apparently already kaput.)

Vili? His motivations seem a little more obscure to me, but MKL is the mother of his children, there IS some chemistry there, and the more he's associated with her, the more $$$ & attention he gets.

I abhor this woman and what she did. She was in a position of trust, and as a parent, I am beyond horrified and offended at her breach. My son is 12, and someone had better hold me back if a grown woman decides that she's in love with him, and that she will decide the course of his future by having children with him.

I could keep going, but I gotta stop somewhere.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus!

They actually both look good. I never thought they would last this long so who knows?

^^^5 more minutes, or 50 more years, she's still a child molester.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Plain and simple. I agree, Lob...she is a predator just like the crusty old man that lures a child with the promise of candy. Is she a registered sex offender? She would have to be, wouldn't she?
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information