Thread: Child Forgotten At Chuck E. Cheese's

Default Child Forgotten At Chuck E. Cheese's

This was in the news a few days ago, but I just read about it.

Chuck E. Cheese's, "where a kid can be a kid," especially if there are no grown-ups around. Shine's worst parent of the week award goes to three-year-old girl Harmony's unnamed mom who left her at the franchise in Bel Air, Maryland around 8 o'clock pm on Sunday, March 4, and didn't realize she was missing until she spotted her on the even o'clock news.

Reportedly, Harmony and her mother were at party of about ten kids and four adults at the restaurant, which began at 4 PM. When they left, the group forgot a little something…Harmony. Luckily, she had the nerve to approach a staff member and ask for something to drink, and when they realized she was unsupervised, the police were contacted. Deputies waited at Chuck E. Cheese's for about 90 minutes. When no one showed up to bring the girl home, they took her to a local precinct.

Police reached out to the media. Shortly after an image of Harmony was broadcast on the local television news, both of her parents, who share custody of the girl, called the precinct. No charges were filed since the incident was unintentional.

In the images that were posted online and on television, tot Harmony seems remarkably composed. It's a trait that will surely serve her well as she deals with what may not be the last little "oops" with her family.
    Worst Parent of the Week: Three-Year-Old Forgotten at Chuck E. Cheese’s | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine

Here is what I read on http://www.momaroo.com/759665430/3-y...huck-e-cheese/
    "You see, mom and dad are not together. So when the mom left, she more then likely thought her daughter was with the dad. And when dad left? He probably thought mom had his daughter. So they both went home, leaving their 3 year old daughter at Chuck E Cheese."

Well, what about saying their goodbyes, and a kiss on the cheek if the child was about to leave with the other parent. Bad parenting.
    So, it's time to go, everyone is getting their coats on, loading up in the car. Then when you get home and settle in...how in the hell do you forget your kid? Your child should have been the first thing on your mind!
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

But the article says she was at the party with her mom. If the parents are split up and it's just one of the kid's friend's party, why would both parents go anyway? And even if both parents were there, how would this happen because why wouldn't you say bye to the kid or talk about what parent has the kid that night.

I have two kids, I have no idea how someone would do this as it was described here unless they are a junkie or mentally ill.

fgg

this was posted a few days ago "Parents Leave Daughter at Chuck E. Cheese, Don’t Notice Until They See it on the News"
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    this was posted a few days ago "Parents Leave Daughter at Chuck E. Cheese, Don’t Notice Until They See it on the News"
    on msnbc they did a story about it happening again. this was on another site. maybe just alerting a mod and they can combine the thread would work.

A five-year-old got some extra play time for her birthday... but it wasn't intentional. Police say the child's mother left the girl at Chuck E Cheese. It took nine hours for the mom to realize her child was missing.

The 5 year old and her family are not likely to forget this birthday after the little girl was left behind after her party at Chuck E Cheese in Pearland on Thursday night.

"This morning the mother called 911 when she realized the child was missing," said Brazoria County Sheriff Investigator Jeff Mink. He wouldn't identify the mother. "Those places get pretty crazy in there. Pretty packed."

The situation has some parents like Kim Steinbaker scratching their heads, wondering how it could happen: "I mean I never leave my kids anywhere. They are attached to you, so you shouldn't be leaving anywhere without your child."

Investigators say the girls party included 19 children and three adults. 9 of the kids were the little girls own siblings. But no one noticed that the birthday girl was missing when they left. When Chuck E Cheese contacted authorities, they called Child Protective Services because the girl had little information.

"She was not able to give us her mother's name. Her parents name or contact number."

Now the little girl is in CPS care and her mother is facing possible criminal charges. Police say the mother has 10 kids and only realized her five-year-old wasn't home when she woke up to get the kids ready for school.

Mom of 10 Leaves Birthday Girl at Chuck E Cheese Overnight.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Damn if you have 10 kids you need to get into the practice of having them count off like I did with my Girl Scout Troop.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    I didn't get any thread suggestions, so I went ahead with it.

Good idea msdeb. That would be great to have the threads combined.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Damn if you have 10 kids you need to get into the practice of having them count off like I did with my Girl Scout Troop.
    And this mother didn't notice until the next morning; she's not in the habit of putting the five year old to bed? I'd say the child is better off with CPS!
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

She had so many children she didn't know what to do...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thread Information