Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least Ambitious Woman in America Continues to Collect Welfare After $1M Lottery Win

Default Least Ambitious Woman in America Continues to Collect Welfare After $1M Lottery Win

A 24-year-old Michigan woman who won $1M in the state lottery last September still collects welfare from her home state.

Amanda Clayton was forced to publicly defend her decision to remain on welfare after she was the subject of a local TV station exposé:
    I feel that it's okay [to receive welfare] because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay. I have two houses.
    Rather than collect her winnings in annual installments, Clayton opted to receive a lump sum payout of $500,000 last September. She used a portion of that money to buy herself a new car and, for some reason, to increase the number of homes she already had by one hundred percent. She paid for both car and house in cash.

For what it's worth, Clayton is just as surprised as you are that she is still eligible for $200 a month in food stamps.
    "I thought they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought maybe it was okay because I'm not working."
    A member of the state House of Representatives is now sponsoring a bill that would require lottery winners to have their eligibility for public assistance re-assessed if they received prize amounts greater than $1,000.

Another Michigan resident continued receiving public aid after winning a $2-million lottery jackpot in 2010.

Least Ambitious Woman in America Continues to Collect Welfare After Winning $1M Lottery
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I feel that it's okay [to receive welfare] because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay. I have two houses.

How bout getting a job, you useless piece of shit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

There are no jobs in Michigan. But I agree, with that kind of money she should have been cut off. I don't think the proposed Bill to cut off anyone who wins $1000 is good, that's just not substantial enough to consider cutting someone off long term, but $1m? yeah, she shouldn't be getting squat.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Well, if I live in a place where there are no jobs... I move! That's why I'm in Texas and not Louisiana. There were no jobs. I moved. Didn't have a million dollars either. People are just fucking useless.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

This is just piggery! There are too many people with no million backup starving.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

While ridiculous, $200/month to someone who has $1 million (or actually, $500,000ish) pales in comparison to the billions in corporate welfare given to those who are already billionaires/millionaires many times over.

^^True fucking fact.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

that is true... the whole world really has gone to shit.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

I wonder if she has enough money left to pay property taxes on two houses?

There was a couple here who won £10 million on the lottery and still claim benefits.
    I don't agree with it, I think it's morally wrong. Legally people are entitled to it, but still..

If I won that kind of money, I would probably not even want a paid job anymore. I'd rather someone else take that job who could use the salary.

I wouldn't spend the money on lavish houses or cars, I'd just want to live comfortably (and I have pretty low standards) without ever having to worry about money again. If I get bored, I'll do volunteer work.

All the while I would still feel guilty about having all that money without having done anything for it. I'd end up giving a lot away to charity, probably.

It's been covered locally here by the NBC affiliate, WDIV. Woman still looks and dresses like she's homeless. The authorities are aware now and she may be prosecuted.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Prosecuted for what? She said she informed welfare and was told she was still eligible for benefits and that she was surprised by that. So what is she doing illegal that she can be prosecuted for?

Besides the $50 per week in food stamps, what other welfare is she receiving? The article doesn't say. And yes, I think her attitude sucks.
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

From what I remember about the report, you're supposed to report new income within a certain period of time and she didn't do that.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information